Leonardo164

Feb 12, 2012
✟15,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

I ve just heard a testimony of a pastor who thought he lived his life for God and did all those works for Him, but he had a shock when God said that he did them for him not for God.And then that pastor said we need to not call Him(Jesus) Lord but make Him Lord.Then he said that our lord is THE ONE THAT RULES OUR LIVES.How can i make Jesus the ruler of my life and be sure thats Him that rules my life not me or something else?
Thanks

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Read the Bible daily. Make note of what the Lord seems to be showing you. Pray over these items then do them. Then go back and present what you have done to the Lord and ask what was good, what could be done better and what should be discontinued.

repeat the above

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like you are a little worried that you are in the same position as that pastor...caught in the fact that sometimes our works that we think we're doing aren't always done in the best interest. BUT...and here's the thing...the Holy Spirit WILL have us do good works without us even realizing we're doing them because we are His. They are part of His plan for us.

How to make Him Lord? Don't focus on the "me" so much...which is difficult to do while still in these sinful bodies of course.

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You know pastors have huge responsibility. The men of God have been anointed and assigned for a purpose - To bring people closer to God and win souls for The Kingdom. If what they are doing is the opposite, they will be accountable for it from The Lord. Maybe the forsaken pastor was glorifying himself more than God. He might just have been calling The Lord's name only to fool people, and within he might have been rotten.

No one could ever know. But to whom much is given, much is required.
So for men of God assigned a purpose, they are required to be careful, and they will account for a lot of things as well.

In your life, what are you doing that points to what the message mentioned about allowing the Lord to rule
If it bothered you to post here, could it be a conviction in your heart.

The statement your pastor said "we need to not call Him(Jesus) Lord but make Him Lord"
is important not in your life alone but in every Christians life. That is why Jesus said 'not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter the Kingdom.
Some call Him Lord, but they are doing what is contrary to His will. They disobey Him and put a lot of idols (idols could also be materials things or worldly things) before The Lord.
Making Him The Lord of your life is about being obedient to His words, doing His will, Worshipping Him in truth and spirit, you know you are not worshipping Him because of others but because you want to from your heart.
Allowing the spirit to rule over flesh. Bonding with The Lord. Praying to Him at all times

Making Him the ruler of your life is allowing His will for your life to prevail over yours.

Upvote 0