• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to deal with OCD that feels like God?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to beat this ocd but my question is how do I conquer it when it tries to act like God is telling me these things? How do I beat it without feeling like I'm breaking God's heart?

You have to learn to understand that God lives in our heart and that God is love. The accuser on the other hand is loveless and zeroes in on your sins. To defeat the devil is to stop heeding him. The bible says resist the devil and he shall flee from you.

What makes the devil flee?

You communing with your Heavenly Father in His love and with His love. So grow love for God in your heart and don't think He is a voice in your mind like the accuser. Rather He speaks the truth in love for you and everyone, that is how you will know Him.

Let Him grow within you heeding His truth - loving God and your neighbour - He comes and dwells in our hearts when we love, for He is love.

Once you understand the language of God's love for you, and all, you will never fear the voice of the accuser any more, but be able to get past him time and again.

So learn to listen to the truth of the bible spoken in love for you and neighbour within your heart and you will meet up with Jesus soon enough, and who will lead you to your Heavenly Father.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Gingerine

Nov 18, 2016
il
✟24,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to learn to understand that God lives in our heart and that God is love. The accuser on the other hand is loveless and zeroes in on your sins. To defeat the devil is to stop heeding him. The bible says resist the devil and he shall flee from you.

What makes the devil flee?

You communing with your Heavenly Father in His love and with His love. So grow love for God in your heart and don't think He is a voice in your mind like the accuser. Rather He speaks the truth in love for you and everyone, that is how you will know Him.

Let Him grow within you heeding His truth - loving God and your neighbour - He comes and dwells in our hearts when we love, for He is love.

Once you understand the language of God's love for you, and all, you will never fear the voice of the accuser any more, but be able to get past him time and again.

So learn to listen to the truth of the bible spoken in love for you and neighbour within your heart and you will meet up with Jesus soon enough, and who will lead you to your Heavenly Father.

Peace.
That m you so much! I've been doing better this morning. I must keep my guard up though, I've fallen down a lot before because I didn't.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must keep my guard up though, I've fallen down a lot before because I didn't.

At first we fall all the time, then we learn the truth and we fall less often until we learn to stay in His truth 24/7 also when we are sick at our worst.

Please understand that love Himself will teach you to follow the right way. The more you practise love for God and neighbour, the freer you will become in Him.

His truth is so good, Jesus sets us free!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to beat this ocd but my question is how do I conquer it when it tries to act like God is telling me these things? How do I beat it without feeling like I'm breaking God's heart?
How have you been doing lately, Gingerine?

Upvote 0

npw11

Dec 12, 2020
North Jakarta
✟19,321.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello! A fellow OCD sufferer here. I can share a tip to differentiate between OCD and God that I have learnt throughout my recovery journey, of which I am still currently in. As mentioned in the website OCD & Christianity maintained by Ian Osborn MD, you can know it is OCD if you feel a great urgency: you have to do something right now, because waiting could cause immense harm. Hope it helps! I pray that God may give you peace, strength and discernment! :)

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am sorry but you do not hear OCD. It is a mental illness which needs treatment.
There are things you can do which will help you cope with it and together with help from therapists and medication will get it under control.

What do you need to do, we'll see a doctor etc to sort out treatment/medication.
While you are doing that follow this link and read and reread the advice and start practicing it:-
International OCD Foundation | 25 Tips for Succeeding in Your OCD Treatment

Two points for you in case you don't read it.

You are the person responsible for your treatment.

Intrusive thoughts are not real, don't argue or debate or try to push away, but agree, say yes that's right and carry on doing what you were doing.

Reactions: npw11
Upvote 0