Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you become a Missionary? And a worse question: How do you deal with the fund raising for your mission. It's an obstacle for many upcoming missionaries and many won't enter the mission field because of this hindrance. This short video will help you. With a plan it's not that difficult.

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you become a Missionary?

You talk to your minister, who will be relucktant to loose such a key worker from the church team.
If this does not apply to you, stop day dreaming and start working in your Local church.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You talk to your minister, who will be relucktant to loose such a key worker from the church team.
If this does not apply to you, stop day dreaming and start working in your Local church.
You describe "your minister" like a sadducee.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You describe "your minister" like a sadducee.

A young enthusiastic Christian desires to be a missionary. What should they do?
As I've implied they start serving in their church. There there enthusiasm is notice and directed into profitable service. They help the church while also growing in ability and knowledge.
They talk about ther ambition and get practical advice, they and other are praying for them.
At some pint the discuss this with the minister whorecognises theredesire and there ability. They are given more responsibility in the church while they finish there education.
The minister starts testing there ability, giving them opertunities to lead services, to take bible studies and to prech.
Discussions with the church leadership leads to a recognition of there calling to christian service and help in paying for theological training.
Following this they have the support of the church as they go through the missionary selection process, once selected the church supports them financially aswell as spiritually with prayers, emotionally with letters, emails etc and food parcels etc.

Why have I listed this, because our church has done this several times for missionaries and pastors and always they have been people who have been greatly missed from church life.

Reactions: Kees Boer
Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A young enthusiastic Christian desires to be a missionary. What should they do?
As I've implied they start serving in their church. There there enthusiasm is notice and directed into profitable service. They help the church while also growing in ability and knowledge.
They talk about ther ambition and get practical advice, they and other are praying for them.
At some pint the discuss this with the minister whorecognises theredesire and there ability. They are given more responsibility in the church while they finish there education.
The minister starts testing there ability, giving them opertunities to lead services, to take bible studies and to prech.
Discussions with the church leadership leads to a recognition of there calling to christian service and help in paying for theological training.
Following this they have the support of the church as they go through the missionary selection process, once selected the church supports them financially aswell as spiritually with prayers, emotionally with letters, emails etc and food parcels etc.

Why have I listed this, because our church has done this several times for missionaries and pastors and always they have been people who have been greatly missed from church life.
That is actually very wonderful!!! I think it is great. It is also is important for all would be missionaries to see themselves as such right away. One of our new missionaries was encouraged by the President of our missions organization several years ago. She told him that she wanted to be a missionary. Then the President told her that she already was a missionary. That's important in my life too. I had a bunch of operations in the last year and a half. And when I was in the hospital, I needed to see that I was a missionary to that hospital staff. I.e. it is a 24/7 job.
The comment I made about the sadducees, is in response to a church that doesn't want to send out people as missionaries, but want to keep them to themselves. That really sounds like something sadducees would try to do.

Upvote 0