LDS How to Become a God

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Those who LOVE Jesus are the ones that keep the commandments, so people choose to LOVE Him or not LOVE Him:

(New Testament | John 14:21 - 24)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Lds , do not believe in the Eternal Jesus and the Eternal God.
How do you love & obey what you deny?

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If I didn't care about Mormons , I would not be giving so much of my time in this thread.
It is a delusion & deception Peter that you are under, because you refuse it when given scriptures, you refuse to reason. If you read for yourself the scriptures I gave you, & others, how do you justify the false teachings that oppose the Bible?
Ok, lets start again. Show me a couple of your best scriptures and let me see how I do with reading them, and then I will answer you as best I can. Thank you.

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This topic truly defines the very drastic differences between Mormonism and Biblical Christianity.

And because of this those who refuse to see just how unbiblical that this is … to attempt to have any dialog with those who do believe one can become a god is fruitless.

• Winner
Reactions: Pedra
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Lds , do not believe in the Eternal Jesus and the Eternal God.
How do you love & obey what you deny?
Yes we do believe in the eternal God:

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:29 - 30)

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

However do you believe the body of Jesus Christ always existed or was He born?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

Do you believe God was once a human?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This topic truly defines the very drastic differences between Mormonism and Biblical Christianity.

And because of this those who refuse to see just how unbiblical that this is … to attempt to have any dialog with those who do believe one can become a god is fruitless.
It certainly looks hopeless, but I count your comment as supportive , so thank you for your empathy!

Reactions: twin.spin
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Common for those who belong to a religious cult to think they have "special" spiritual information.
Sad because you don't even believe in the Real GOD or the Real Jesus.

So you're saying that mainstream Christian sources are instantly "cult" if they don't agree with what you present?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:4)

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for the discussion, I hope this is a basis for further disussion. You just couldn't control yourself though and throw in that final barb. Maybe you will get better at it as we have a mature discussion.

OK, you are right, God the Father is a different person than Jesus, and so Jesus could call him,
his God, without implying an inferior position, and that should not present a problem for anyone.

But there are 2 things that might present a problem.
1) Jesus also said, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, this is the part that proves that Jesus is our brother from the same Father. Please explain.

2) If Jesus is really ascending to his Father and God, then obviously God is a different person than Jesus and is in a completely different place than Jesus. Is this a problem for the Trinity? Please explain?

You apparently can't grasp a God who isn't by nature a man. What is there to discuss?
The Father is omnipresent so this isn't about actual space as humans know it. No, Jesus is only the brother to the adopted children of God. You say He is every person's brother and brother to Satan and his followers and to all those who reject Him. Satan likes that lie.

The Trinity has been explained to you over and over again by dzheremi. You want to argue more than you want to believe. Don't be surprised if we all stop responding to your desires.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Mormons teach that some have immortality only and others can achieve eternal life.
Do both groups of people have everlasting life?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:4)

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Giving us a new nature doesn't make us Gods; it makes us holy.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, we know that Jesus Christ was Do you believe that Jesus always had a body or was He born?

From Joseph Smith's King Follett Sermon:
First, God himself, who sits enthroned in yonder heaven, is a man like one of you. That is the great secret. If the veil were rent today and you were to see the great God who holds this world in its orbit and upholds all things by his power, you would see him in the image and very form of a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion and image of God. He received instruction from and walked, talked, and conversed with him as one man talks and communes with another.
In order to understand the subject of the dead for the consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary they should understand the character and being of God; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. [That he was not is an idea] incomprehensible to some. But it is the simple and first principle of the gospel-to know for a certainty the character of God, that we may converse with him as one man with another. God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth the same as Jesus Christ himself did, and I will show it from the Bible...
Here, then, is eternal life--to know the only wise and true God. And you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves--to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done--by going from a small degree to another, from grace to grace, from exaltation to exaltation, until you are able to sit in glory as do those who sit enthroned in everlasting power.
Mormon Literature Sampler: The King Follett Discourse

2 Our Father Advanced and
Progressed Until He Became God

President Joseph Fielding Smith said: “Our Father in heaven, according to the Prophet, had a Father, and since there has been a condition of this kind through all eternity, each Father had a Father” (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:47).

President Joseph F. Smith taught: “I know that God is a being with body, parts and passions.... Man was born of woman; Christ, the Savior, was born of woman; and God, the Father was born of woman” (Church News, 19 Sept. 1936, p. 2).

President Wilford Woodruff explained: “[God] has had his endowments a great many years ago. He has ascended to his thrones, principalities and powers in the eternities. We are his children.....We are here to fill a probation and receive an education” (Deseret News Weekly, 28 Sept. 1881, p. 546).

How does it help us to know that the basic elements of God’s life in a mortal world were the same as ours? President Brigham Young explained:

“He is our Father—the Father of our Spirits—and was once a man in mortal flesh as we are....

“...There never was a time when there were not Gods and worlds and when men were not passing through the same ordeals that we are now passing through....

“It appears ridiculous to the world, under their darkened and erroneous traditions, that God has been a finite being” (Deseret News, 16 Nov. 1859, p. 290).

(Search These Commandments, Melchizedek Priesthood Personal Study Guide, Copyright 1984, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, pp. 152-153)

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Then tell me what the purpose of heaven is? You will be there for billions of years. What are you going to do with yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then tell me what the purpose of heaven is? You will be there for billions of years. What are you going to do with yourself?

I can't believe you said that!! Are you of the opinion that all there is to do will be to populate your own planet with spirit children with all these countless wives and repeat this horrible cycle of sin, death and misery for billions of years in every planet you will posses? Each planet having to have one of the spirit children to save them as Jesus did? I know you can't see the horror of this, but our God is not so cruel. He has sent His Only Son to die for us and in doing so He has shown the entire universe the Love of God for us. The universe now knows that following Satan only leads to ruination. God has said that sin will not rise a 2nd time--your prophets say it will arise in every single one of your planets. The bible says Jesus died one for all---all means all. Jesus did not die just to save this miserable planet. It was for the sake of us, but also for the sake of all the universe. No doubt is left in anyone's mind of what sin leads to. It lead to the cross and Jesus will forever bear those scars---those scars will keep anyone from sin. It is the sign of complete, and perfect love.

The things to do in the earth will be endless. We do not have the capacity to know fully yet for we do not know what our glorified bodies will be capable of. There are unfallen worlds to see, a pristine world to take care off--animals to care for--will we be able stand on the sun and see what it is really like? We will not be harmed. There are musical instruments to make and learn, our voices to use to praise God. This is not a world of bodiless spirits, we will eat and drink--the first thing we will do is eat at the marriage supper--there is the tree of life with it's 12 different fruits every month. To spend time rolling in the grass with a lion is one thing I am definitely going to do over and over---with a bear, and a giant furry wolf, and tigers and it says there will be no ocean, but nothing says there will not be large bodies of water with all sorts of living creatures in them and I wonder how long I can hold my breath for while investigating, or even if we have to hold our breath! Have you absolutely no imagination? Are all you people looking forward to is being Gods and having sex with your multiple wives? You think it is pleasurable to have sin in all those worlds you will populate? All the sickness, diseases, the murders, the child molestations, stealing, everything that is offensive to God and man endlessly repeated in every planet!! This is so offensensive!!! you can not see the horror's of it to us. It is hard to be polite in the face of such evil! This is definitely not the Christian God who will wipe out all sin forever! Come on over to the real God and try to envision a sinless world with only beauty and where we can achieve whatever we want and where there will never be any sin ever again---anywhere in the universe!!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You apparently can't grasp a God who isn't by nature a man. What is there to discuss?
The Father is omnipresent so this isn't about actual space as humans know it. No, Jesus is only the brother to the adopted children of God. You say He is every person's brother and brother to Satan and his followers and to all those who reject Him. Satan likes that lie.

The Trinity has been explained to you over and over again by dzheremi. You want to argue more than you want to believe. Don't be surprised if we all stop responding to your desires.
The Bible explains this:

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

(Old Testament | Job 2:1)

1 AGAIN there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Trying to explain something that is contrary to the Bible will not make it right no matter how times it is explained.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying that mainstream Christian sources are instantly "cult" if they don't agree with what you present?
No, you gotta get a lot wrong to be designated a "cult" and that designation goes to deceivers & false prophets such as Joseph Smith/Brigham Young who maligned God's word, opposed God's purposes to invent their own & set up their own religion & collected their own spiritual followers.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Bible explains this:

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

(Old Testament | Job 2:1)

1 AGAIN there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Trying to explain something that is contrary to the Bible will not make it right no matter how times it is explained.

What you guys do is take the bible and reinvent what it says to suit your theories. This in no way says that the sons of God are the spirit children of God and a heavenly mother!! All of God's creations are His children, we are not brothers to all of His creations!! Angels are not human---we are not brothers physically---we are all one in Christ.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Come on over to the real God and try to envision a sinless world with only beauty and where we can achieve whatever we want and where there will never be any sin ever again---anywhere in the universe!!
1 Cor 2:9 "9 Rather , as it is written, No eye has seen, no ear has heard , no heart has imagined, what GOD has prepared for those who love Him."

Upvote 0