Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormons are supposed to have a goal of becoming a God as powerful as the Father. According to Joseph Smith all Gods are exalted men. One of the requirements to become a god or goddess is to be married in a Mormon temple. There is no possibilty of spending eternity with the Father and Son without having a "celestial marriage" and following all the commandments and ordinances of Mormonism.

Was Jesus married in a temple?

Was the Mormon Holy Ghost married in a temple? Wait a minute, he never got a physical body so he isn't an exalted man! Does he have a wife?

According to Mormons, Heavenly Mother is married to Heavenly Father.

From the children's magazine:
Mormon magazine for children.jpg

You are special! You know many things. Do you know someone who knows everything? Three glorious persons do know everything: God, the Eternal Father; His Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost. They are the three members of the Godhead.

When the Prophet Joseph Smith wrote the Articles of Faith, he knew that it was important for us to know about the Godhead and to understand how the members are alike and how they are different. “The Father has a body of flesh and bones … ; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost … is a personage of Spirit (D&C 130:22).
Sharing Time: The Godhead

Last edited by a moderator:

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
@Jen35, God bless.
While the LDS church labels itself as a Christian religion, and many Mormons call themselves Christians, CF has taken the position that Mormons are not considered Christians on our forum because they don't believe in the eternal deity of Jesus Christ (please read "What Mormons believe about Jesus Christ", and "Mormon Doctrine of Jesus: A Christian Perspective"). Mormons also do not believe in the triune nature of God (please read "Do Mormons believe in the Trinity"). To be considered a Christian faith group at CF that faith group must accept the Nicene Creed as defined in our Statement of Faith.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And I don't believe Jesus said anything like that, I don't remember Jesus speaking of a false prophet named Joseph Smith. By the tone of your voice and post, you know what you remind me of? You remind me of those kind of people who thinks they are serving God yet blindly rejecting thier own kind like they rejected Jesus when he came and appeared as something not to thier liking, you know scripture says the kingdom comes in a way not foreseen by man meaning man dont know the secrets of God or in what way he will send his kingdom or in what way it will come, and always expecting and looking out for something different then and when the truth because a reality they reject it cause too thier eyes it is not something they was expecting or whatever the reason may be something they can't accept about it and besides when God sends a prophet, he doesn't look at thier appearance and stuff, he sends them on a different and difficult journey and on thier feet where they proclaim a message they have to testify to the world, like Jesus said a prophet isn't accepted in his own household or town. So do you really think one wpuld be accepted in the world today? It's really crucial on your part to be quick to judge Gods vessels or prophets and making quick assumptions on a person such as can bring a lot of trouble upon that person especially if they are innocent, and not just that stuff like that can also cause an uproar in the world but yeah I believe God could send anyone even a man named Joseph Smith.. you feel me on this? And while I don't know a man named Joseph Smith sometimes Joseph Smith can actually really be a prophet named Joseph Smith. So unless God personally told you he was false, you should not be so quick to make assumptions and acussations on such persons...

Yes---Joseph Smith is a false prophet and God did personally tell me so!! He has told that to many people and told it to Phoebe Anne and if you knew a single thing about Mormonism He'd tell you the same thing! All you have to do is read the bible. And yes---they read it to---but only believe the parts that agree with the writings of JS--for they follow his writings as they say his writings are more accurate than the bible. Phoebe was brave enough to get out of it and she posts warnings on here so people know the truth about them. You have a right to your opinion and guess what---so does she!
They try very hard to sound Christian and ensnare people before they can find out what their real believes are. She knows what she is talking about as she was one herself for many years.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, look at Luke 17:20 and read it, Jesus implies the kingdom comes in a way not seen, so whether one is a prophet of God or not, prophets come in ways not seen by men meaning men expect Gods prophets to look and be a certain way when in reality that are just normal people use to accomplish his plans. They are just normal people like me and you. Someone once said our character can take us as high as we can go...so God probably chooses vessels with a right attitude and heart...but prophets are regular people who can be the guy slowing a cigarette next to you near a place, it could be the newborn baby crying and kicking his feet in his mother's arms, it could be your next door neighbor or a member at your church. But the truth of the matter is vessels and prophets are just people God chosen and empowered spiritually and with spiritual gifts....and nothing can confirmed you born again, only the holy spirit can confirm us children of God...
The one and only LORD God, revealed Himself to Abraham, gave man the God-breathed scriptures i.e. the canon of 66 books, we call His written word and revealed Himself also through the living word, His son Christ Jesus. The false prophets, false teachers & deceived twist the scriptures or adds to them as the cult of Mormonism does. Funny for any one to not congratulate Phoebe of her testimony that through her seeking Truth, the Holy Spirit lead her out of the cult of Mormonism to become a true believer & follower of Jesus Christ. We should have a burden for the unsaved & deceived to give them the one true gospel of Jesus. Those who follow a false gospel, no matter how "spiritual" they think they are or sound, will not find themselves saved, born again citizens of heaven with Christ Jesus as their Lord, but will be punished with the wicked, and this is the disturbing truth according to the scriptures.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as "a" god. There is only God. The ONE supreme, all-knowing, infinitely powerful, infinitely intelligent, eternal Creator of the universe and of everything else that exists.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is one of my favorite scriptures when given in the context of the surrounding scriptures:

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 9)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Jesus was perfected:

(New Testament | Luke 13:31 - 32)

31 ¶ The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.
32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
@ He is the Way what you have been taught in Mormonism are false teachings. We can show in this thread with the really obvious strange teachings of Mormonism by posting from the Mormon books themselves, and with the testimonies by Ex: Mormons who had the scales removed from their eyes and left the bondage of this cult. What makes a false prophet is he rides upon the Bible but adds his own deceptive teachings. Mormonism teaches another gospel, and preaches anotherJesus . Joseph Smith is not a prophet but a False prophet who manipulated foolish women even stealing away married women from their own husbands.
KJV - 2Peter 2 warns about false prophets who teach "damnable heresies ....bringing upon them<selves> swift destruction " and warns the followers of Christ about false prophets and false teachers who come among them and even as Jesus describes them as predators, as wolves in sheep's clothing.
Matt 7:15 " "Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's
clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves. ...

2 Peter 2 1-10 "1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil -- is the warning in the true scriptures. "

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Guys, I don't like Mormonism either but let's be civil.

Also, deification is a Christian teaching "Becoming by grace what God is by nature", the Mormon one does not teach a distinction between the nature of the God and of us.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way I want to clarify that Matthew 22:30 doesn't exactly state there won't be any marriages in heaven, it says there will be no marriages in the "ressurection" . People don't marry in the ressurection probably because during the ressurection or in that moment, people are being awaked and raised into the air. So i assume like the angels in heaven floats in the heavens, people in the ressurection will be rising up and floating in the air just the same...and when Jesus told Peter that flesh and blood did not revealed that to him but God, I think he just meant no human who holds all truth and no human who knows all truth and can know all truths and secrets of a humans heart like God could have revealed such to him cause out of the mouth of God only the real truth and knowledge of him can come and from no human who has not complete truth but error in his heart...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2 Tim 4:2 1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…"

I think that's part of the lure of Mormonism, to hope to attain this grand appointment, a god, and be someone great living righteously. Sure we need to live righteously, but the bible spells out a different glory for man, that of Angelic gifts. Personally I think it would be awesome to be an angel of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
God is powerful enough to make us like Him:

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | Philippians 3:8 - 21)

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

(New Testament | Romans 8:16 - 19)

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

(New Testament | John 17:20 - 25)

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Our God is a powerful God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Uh, no. No capital "G" Gods. Little "g" gods. Your link to the text even has "g". And even that doesn't mean what you or the lds want it to mean.
There was no capitalization during that time with either Hebrew or Greek:

The Greek alphabet is the ancestor of the Latin and Cyrillic scripts.[6] Like Latin and Cyrillic, Greek originally had only a single form of each letter; it developed the letter casedistinction between uppercase and lowercase forms in parallel with Latin during the modern era.

They were guessing when it was translated into English. It could have very well have been translated with a large G:

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:1 - 8)

1 GOD standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the Gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are Gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Davidson
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There was no capitalization during that time with either Hebrew or Greek:

The Greek alphabet is the ancestor of the Latin and Cyrillic scripts.[6] Like Latin and Cyrillic, Greek originally had only a single form of each letter; it developed the letter casedistinction between uppercase and lowercase forms in parallel with Latin during the modern era.

They were guessing when it was translated into English. It could have very well have been translated with a large G:

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:1 - 8)

1 GOD standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the Gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

But it wasn't and even your KJV uses a lower case g as does your Doctrine and Covenants:

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are achildren of the most High.

7 But ye shall adie like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Psalm 82

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from aeverlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be bgods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my alaw ye cannot attain to this glory.
Doctrine and Covenants 132

However:

Before the recent 2019 editing by your church, the King Follett Sermon used upper case Gs in the Ensign magazine, April 1971:

"Here, then, is eternal life—to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another, and from a small capacity to a great one..."

And:
"Here, then, is eternal life—to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another, and from a small capacity to a great one..."
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 346-347
History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 306

Mormons can edit until Christ returns, but your church teaches:

Doctrine and Covenants 93
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;

25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God is powerful enough to make us like Him:

A few questions specifically for you and other Mormons:

Was your Jesus married in a temple?

Was the Mormon Holy Ghost married in a temple? Wait a minute, he never got a physical body so he isn't an exalted man! Does he have a wife?

Is your "Heavenly Father" married?

If you have no idea, why are you LDS?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But it wasn't and even your KJV uses a lower case g as does your Doctrine and Covenants:

7 But ye shall adie like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Psalm 82

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from aeverlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be bgods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my alaw ye cannot attain to this glory.
Doctrine and Covenants 132

However:

Before the recent 2019 editing by your church, the King Follett Sermon used upper case Gs in the Ensign magazine, April 1971:

And:
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 346-347
History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 306

Mormons can edit until Christ returns, but your church teaches:

Doctrine and Covenants 93
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;

25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
You said: "But it wasn't and even your KJV uses a lower case g as does your Doctrine and Covenants:"

If the Bible were translated correctly there would not be one capital letter in the Bible, that being said proper English requires capital letters to begin sentences, proper names, etc. The Doctrine and Covenants used the KJV format when it was published. However using capital G or small letter g is not a valid argument as far as the Bible is concerned because it was written without any capitalization.

As far as truth, unity and knowledge go there is a good scripture in the Bible about this:

(New Testament | Ephesians 4:13 - 27)

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
A few questions specifically for you and other Mormons:

Was your Jesus married in a temple?

Is your "Heavenly Father" married?

If you have no idea, why are you LDS?
Faith is not to have perfect knowledge of all things. I do believe that God the Father is married and that we have a heavenly mother. I do not believe we have a Father only. From my personal belief (although we are not taught this as it has not been revealed to us) I believe that Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are also married. However my belief about this is different than you might guess and I am not going to elaborate because it is beyond what has been revealed.

Upvote 0