Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? You've been given them over and over, and you refuse to accept them. You have no biblical support for you theories. It is based on twisted scriptures and false interpretations of words. We've been over this many times. We are adopted---no natural child ever needs to be adopted.
Some of God's children have ran away and need to be adopted back. Have you read the story of the prodigal son? We are all children of God:

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Some of God's children have ran away and need to be adopted back. Have you read the story of the prodigal son? We are all children of God:

I just said that the prodigal son did not need to be adopted back! That just shows me that you do not actually read the posts! NO NATURAL CHILD, EVEN WHEN GIVEN UP FOR ADOPTION BY THE MOTHER EVER NEEDS TO BE ADOPTED BACK---they remain heirs. Nothing can alter the fact that a child is yours, they have your DNA, they are a part of you. can't change that. There is no such thing as adopted natural children.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guys, I don't like Mormonism either but let's be civil.

Also, deification is a Christian teaching "Becoming by grace what God is by nature", the Mormon one does not teach a distinction between the nature of the God and of us.
We become like God, made back into his image as we previously were, it’s very different to the Mormon concept of everyone being a separate divine being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I just said that the prodigal son did not need to be adopted back! That just shows me that you do not actually read the posts! NO NATURAL CHILD, EVEN WHEN GIVEN UP FOR ADOPTION BY THE MOTHER EVER NEEDS TO BE ADOPTED BACK---they remain heirs. Nothing can alter the fact that a child is yours, they have your DNA, they are a part of you. can't change that. There is no such thing as adopted natural children.
I actually do not believe that you understand the story. You missed the meaning of the story:

(New Testament | Luke 15:21)

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

We have all sinned against God and are therefore no longer worthy to be called His sons:

(New Testament | Romans 3:23)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Continuing on:

(New Testament | Luke 15:22 - 24)

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The ring signifies the family name. It is the same as being adopted back into the family. His son was lost (gone as a family member) and now is found.

I suppose you do not agree with the "all" in the scripture I quoted.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
We become like God, made back into his image as we previously were, it’s very different to the Mormon concept of everyone being a separate divine being.
What do you mean when you say, "made back into his image as we previously were"?

What did you mean when you said, "God was made man, so that man may be God"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I actually do not believe that you understand the story. You missed the meaning of the story:

(New Testament | Luke 15:21)

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

We have all sinned against God and are therefore no longer worthy to be called His sons:

(New Testament | Romans 3:23)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Continuing on:

(New Testament | Luke 15:22 - 24)

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The ring signifies the family name. It is the same as being adopted back into the family. His son was lost (gone as a family member) and now is found.

I suppose you do not agree with the "all" in the scripture I quoted.

You are trying desperately to make it into a story that fits your theories---you can't. FEELING like you are not worthy to be called a son is not the same as actually not being a son anymore! There was no adoption needed---period. Again, even women who have given their children up for adoption, their children are still their children! There is nothing that can alter the fact that the child was carried in that woman's womb for 9 months and shares their DNA. A man who father's a child is the father for life--period. No adoption needed. It used to be even a paternity test wasn't needed, as whomever was the spouse of the woman who gave birth to the child, that man was the legal father even if the child was not his. Now, paternity needs to be established, the biological parents are the parents---and we are not the biological offspring of God---we are therefore adopted! You are the one not reading this story correctly but trying to prove you unbiblical doctrines -- and can't.
What all have sinned means to you is obviously not what it means to Christians. All have sinned has nothing to do with the fact that non of us are the actual children of God and we must all be adopted by God in order to become His children and heirs---that is called baptism. Through baptism we become His adopted children, which is why it is so important to be baptized and if we can't, the baptism of Jesus covers us.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are trying desperately to make it into a story that fits your theories---you can't. FEELING like you are not worthy to be called a son is not the same as actually not being a son anymore! There was no adoption needed---period. Again, even women who have given their children up for adoption, their children are still their children! There is nothing that can alter the fact that the child was carried in that woman's womb for 9 months and shares their DNA. A man who father's a child is the father for life--period. No adoption needed. It used to be even a paternity test wasn't needed, as whomever was the spouse of the woman who gave birth to the child, that man was the legal father even if the child was not his. Now, paternity needs to be established, the biological parents are the parents---and we are not the biological offspring of God---we are therefore adopted! You are the one not reading this story correctly but trying to prove you unbiblical doctrines -- and can't.
What all have sinned means to you is obviously not what it means to Christians. All have sinned has nothing to do with the fact that non of us are the actual children of God and we must all be adopted by God in order to become His children and heirs---that is called baptism. Through baptism we become His adopted children, which is why it is so important to be baptized and if we can't, the baptism of Jesus covers us.
I am not being desperate, I know very well that we are ALL the children of God the Father because the Bible states that we are:

(New Testament | Romans 8:16)

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 12)

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

However we can lose our status through disobedience:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:8 - 10)

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Those who do not obey (sin), lose their son-ship.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not being desperate, I know very well that we are ALL the children of God the Father because the Bible states that we are:

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Only were not separate dieties in our own right. God also has many sons and daughters and we are all his children made in his image even as corrupted as we are. However God only has one beloved begotten son that came down and heaven and through him we are all entered into communion with God as his children through adoption.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Only were not separate dieties in our own right. God also has many sons and daughters and we are all his children made in his image even as corrupted as we are. However God only has one beloved begotten son that came down and heaven and through him we are all entered into communion with God as his children through adoption.
Jesus is the only begotten of the Father, Joseph is not His father. Yet we are all the spirit children of God our Father.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 9)

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is desperate at anything having to do with our beliefs and the scriptures. There is plenty of evidence from the scriptures that uphold our position. Unfortunately there is plenty of evidence in the scriptures to uphold your position too.

That is our dilemma. And until Jesus comes and makes things crystal clear, there will be divisions in the church, and we will never be one as a body of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the only begotten of the Father, Joseph is not His father. Yet we are all the spirit children of God our Father.

Excellent verse that helps us understand that God is the Father of our spirits. Thanks.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Another example of Mormonism's twisting of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

If I disobeyed my earthly father, I was still his daughter. Everyone one sins. God adopts some of us even though we haven't earned that adoption. It can't be earned.
If we were already God's children, adoption would be unnecessary.

Mormonism, on the other hand, teaches that those He first calls children, can be disowned:

Who desires to enter the eternal world and be a servant, when the promise is held out that we may be sons and daughters of God? Yet there will be the vast majority who will enter into the eternal world as servants, and not as sons, and this simply because they think more of the world and its covenants, than they do of God and his covenants; simply because in their blindness of heart, they refuse to keep these sacred and holy commandments. Oh, what bitterness there will be in the day of judgment, when every man receives his reward according to his works!
http://ldsseminary.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/doctrines-of-salvation-volume-2.pdf

“The ordinances of the temple, the endowment and sealings, pertain to exaltation in the celestial kingdom, where the sons and daughters are. The sons and daughters are not outside in some other kingdom. The sons and daughters go into the house, belong to the household, have access to the home. ‘In my Father’s house are many mansions’ [John 14:2]. Sons and daughters have access to the home where he dwells, and you cannot receive that access until you go to the temple. Why? Because you must receive certain key words as well as make covenants by which you are able to enter. If you try to get into the house, and the door is locked, how are you going to enter, if you haven’t your key? You get your key in the temple, which will admit you.“. . . You cannot find a key on the street, for that key is never lost that will open the door that enters into our Father’s mansions. You have got to go where the key is given. And each can obtain the key, if you will; but after receiving it, you may lose it, by having it taken away from you again unless you abide by the agreement which you entered into when you went into the house of the Lord.”

Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 2:40–41

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Just how would you interpret Matthew 23:8-9?
That the context of 8-9 is that of a larger part of the warning of hypocrisy that Jesus was making against the scribes (who are the teachers of the law) and the Pharisees. Matthew 23:1-12

So in 8-10 Jesus is knocking them off their hypocrisy title pedestals by saying:
"you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, … do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah."​

The balance of Matthew 23 Jesus repeatedly denounces the teachers of the law (the scribes) and Pharisees as "hypocrites!" and "woe unto you".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Just how would you interpret Matthew 23:8-9?
I don't know any other way they could interpret those scriptures. We are all spirit children of God the Father and therefore we are Jesus Christ's brethren as stated. God is our Father and the Father of our spirits:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9)

Sometimes I think they just want to be obstinate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I do not know how else they could We are all spirit children of God the Father and therefore Jesus Christ's brethren as stated. God is our Father and the Father of our spirits:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9)

If I disobeyed my earthly father, I was still his daughter. Everyone one sins. God adopts some of us even though we haven't earned that adoption. It can't be earned.
If we were already God's children, adoption would be unnecessary.

Mormonism, on the other hand, teaches that those He first calls children, can be disowned:

Who desires to enter the eternal world and be a servant, when the promise is held out that we may be sons and daughters of God? Yet there will be the vast majority who will enter into the eternal world as servants, and not as sons, and this simply because they think more of the world and its covenants, than they do of God and his covenants; simply because in their blindness of heart, they refuse to keep these sacred and holy commandments. Oh, what bitterness there will be in the day of judgment, when every man receives his reward according to his works!
http://ldsseminary.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/doctrines-of-salvation-volume-2.pdf

“The ordinances of the temple, the endowment and sealings, pertain to exaltation in the celestial kingdom, where the sons and daughters are. The sons and daughters are not outside in some other kingdom. The sons and daughters go into the house, belong to the household, have access to the home. ‘In my Father’s house are many mansions’ [John 14:2]. Sons and daughters have access to the home where he dwells, and you cannot receive that access until you go to the temple. Why? Because you must receive certain key words as well as make covenants by which you are able to enter. If you try to get into the house, and the door is locked, how are you going to enter, if you haven’t your key? You get your key in the temple, which will admit you.“. . . You cannot find a key on the street, for that key is never lost that will open the door that enters into our Father’s mansions. You have got to go where the key is given. And each can obtain the key, if you will; but after receiving it, you may lose it, by having it taken away from you again unless you abide by the agreement which you entered into when you went into the house of the Lord.”

Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 2:40–41
Disobedience removes people from there true Father:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:8 - 9)

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That the context of 8-9 is that of a larger part of the warning of hypocrisy that Jesus was making against the scribes (who are the teachers of the law) and the Pharisees. Matthew 23:1-12

So in 8-10 Jesus is knocking them off their hypocrisy title pedestals by saying:
"you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, … do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah."​

The balance of Matthew 23 Jesus repeatedly denounces the teachers of the law (the scribes) and Pharisees as "hypocrites!" and "woe unto you".
That does not change the fact that we are ALL Christ's brethren.

Upvote 0