Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do not be led away be diverse and strange teachings.
The rule of conscience isn't strange. You currently LIVE by it, in every decision you make, if you are attempting to live righteously.

Prove me wrong. Cite me a single scenario in your life - or even a hypothetical scenario - warranting departure from the rule of conscience.

It also has at least a modicum of biblical support. But I don't think it's even necessary to go there.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A person faithful to the rule of conscience - he always does what he feels is good/right, to the best of his knowledge and ability - is a righteous person. There is no other possible definition.

An unrighteous person, therefore, is someone unfaithful to the rule of conscience.

See above.
The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
And yet you can't paint me a single scenario warranting departure from the rule of conscience.

Hm...I wonder why that might be. Boy, that's a tough one!

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet you can't paint me a single scenario warranting departure from the rule of conscience.

Hm...I wonder why that might be. Boy, that's a tough one!
I'd say any moral principle that justifies the holocaust warrants departure.

There are plenty of instances in my life where my own sense of right would have led to doing the wrong thing, some I've acted on and some I haven't.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do not be led away be diverse and strange teachings.
To summarize the last few posts:

The Sola Scriptura is a lie because the Bible isn't the only authority. The rule of conscience is itself authoritative because it can impose upon me moral obligations without regard to Scripture. For example it can say, "Obey this message right now, don't waste time checking it out with Scripture."

In fact, that's the only way for God to run His church. Suppose He wants you to do something right now. Must He wait until you attend seminary as to properly "check it out with Scripture"? No. The Voice can cause you to feel certain of His will, right now. In fact that's why Abraham attempted to slaughter his own son.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd say any moral principle that justifies the holocaust warrants departure.
How about we start with this. Were Moses and Joshua evil in their effort to slaughter 7 nations to lay hold of Canaan?

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about we start with this. Were Moses and Joshua evil in their effort to slaughter 7 nations to lay hold of Canaan?
Are you really about to try to compare the conquest of Israel with the holocaust? Wow.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are plenty of instances in my life where my own sense of right would have led to doing the wrong thing, some I've acted on and some I haven't.
You're not making any sense. Maybe you could be a little more specific.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More deflection. Every time you get backed into a corner, you deflect.
That's not deflection, it'd be like comparing the execution of a criminal with the murder of an innocent as morally equivalent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Fervent,
That's not deflection, it'd be like comparing the execution of a criminal with the murder of an innocent as morally equivalent.
Entire nations were criminal? How would Moses and Joshua know that information?

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Fervent,

Entire nations were criminal? How would Moses and Joshua know that information?
Yes, entire nations were criminal. The Canaanites were wiped out for, among other crimes, sacrificing their children to Molech.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Fervent,

So let me get this straight.
Yes, entire nations were criminal. The Canaanites were wiped out for, among other crimes, sacrificing their children to Molech.
Deflection. That's not what I asked you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Fervent,

Should Hitler have tried to do good? Or evil? That's really all the rule of conscience addresses.

Are you going to deflect even on this simple question?
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Fervent,

And you still haven't painted me one SPECIFIC scenario where someone should try to be evil.

So you've done nothing but corroborate the rule of consciennce.
Your "rule of conscience" renders the terms good and evil meaningless, since apparently everyone defines them for themselves and there is no objective standard.

Upvote 0