steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard or read anyone come up with your interpretation on the matter. Ezekiel met the Lord in the whirlwind, not an alien. And the beings described was the Lord's living craft for travel.

Why does the God of the universe need a spacecraft?

Ezekiel's limited understanding of what he saw led him to believe he encountered the lord. What he actually saw and encountered were beings from another world.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
There are inter-dimensional "aliens", of course, but the Bible calls them angels and demons.

There may well be but in the bible you have two type of Angels or Demons. One's that appear to use technology and others that appear to use more supernatural forms.

What Christianity does, wrongly in my opinion is treat them all as the same.

The ones that use technology are not supernatural and can be killed.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Holy Beings don't need technology though. Fallen Angels are not supernatural, they are mortal like you and me and can die and be killed. They live on other planets and are way more advanced than we are.

I don't need a car to get around, but I use one.

We don't know what those entities do/not use to get around as a necessity or preference. The holy angels may not use vehicles, but the fallen do.

I don't think any live on planets; they are interdimensional

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does in this context cause Aliens and Demons are not supernatural creatures. They are just like you me and you and live on earth like worlds in the universe but are far more advanced.Their advanced technology maybe considered supernatural in nature.

Heaven may well be another earth like planet trillions of light years from our own.

You are making a lot of assumptions. If you are serious about following Christ, and what God has said about his creation in the Bible, you should search the Scriptures for support of those assumptions, or, better yet, to see what God actually says about these things.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does the God of the universe need a spacecraft?

Ezekiel's limited understanding of what he saw led him to believe he encountered the lord. What he actually saw and encountered were beings from another world.

You are the only person in this forum that interprets it that way.

God does not need anything, but he makes all things for his pleasure. So this living creature that his throne sits atop is for his pleasure and purpose, not for our understanding.

Traditional Bible interpretation (hermeneutics) assumes the simple and obvious in the context of the narration before assuming the fantastic.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There may well be but in the bible you have two type of Angels or Demons. One's that appear to use technology and others that appear to use more supernatural forms.

What Christianity does, wrongly in my opinion is treat them all as the same.

The ones that use technology are not supernatural and can be killed.
Please show me in the Bible where an angel or demon uses technology.

Upvote 0

Arbown

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is somewhat of a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to the faith and I'm still figuring things out. My question is; how should I feel about reading/writing/watching works with aliens in them? Does entertaining the thought of another species with an advanced society insult God? I mean, it does say that humans are indeed the most advanced of His creations. But then again, wouldn't that also mean that any personification of other species, or creating our own is as well? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just seriously would like to know, as sci-fi is one of my favorite genres, and I want to be sure I'm not sinning in enjoying it. Thanks in advance.

Aliens are a non-issue. After all, man thinking he's the hottest thing since sliced bread is what made man fall. God is alien if you don't consider Christ. Angels are all aliens too. So it's not like Christianity says humans are the only other sentient life.

Christianity and the Bible are really just about God and man and our relationship to each other. There's no reason for it to focus on any other being God has created that we don't know about.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Aliens are a non-issue. After all, man thinking he's the hottest thing since sliced bread is what made man fall. God is alien if you don't consider Christ. Angels are all aliens too. So it's not like Christianity says humans are the only other sentient life.

Christianity and the Bible are really just about God and man and our relationship to each other. There's no reason for it to focus on any other being God has created that we don't know about.

In fact, it can break one of the commandments if we do this. Making heaven images of heaven above and earth below - calling it art in many cases - is what has confused and manipulated the generations into a fog of ignorance about their Father and their enemies.

Because of our bombardment with programming, it is hard to separate truth from sensation. The majority of UFOs people see are government projects; if one isn't scared to have one's reality shaken, one can easily find the patented schematics and declassified documents on this.

There is also the case of the false teachers, canon compilers and books that have been added or removed for personal, degenerate reasons (i.e. human want and understanding). The foundation for confusion was laid, and we continue to ignore the 2nd commandment so that when we are confronted with interdimensional beings, we will be so confused we will worship the one who oppress us as gods.

It is already happening because of ignorance, fear and lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Arbown

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In fact, it can break one of the commandments if we do this. Making heaven images of heaven above and earth below - calling it art in many cases - is what has confused and manipulated the generations into a fog of ignorance about their Father and their enemies.

You are confusing idol worship with fanciful stories everyone knows are made up. People who read and watch scifi aren't automatically dumb enough to believe in the government's little gray men. The difference being that an idol is made as a demon's vessel to give a human and a spirit a focus point, and the other is just reflective thought and play. That's like comparing and apple to an orangutan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You are confusing idol worship with fanciful stories everyone knows are made up. People who read and watch scifi aren't automatically dumb enough to believe in the government's little gray men.

The difference being that an idol is made as a demon's vessel to give a human and a spirit a focus point, and the other is just reflective thought and play. That's like comparing and apple to an orangutan.

Ok.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married

Aliens are an issue though. It's when Man finally grows up. Making contact is the most important thing ever. Until then we continue to kill, discriminate and have pointless wars over deities who don't exist.

Upvote 0

Arbown

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aliens are an issue though. It's when Man finally grows up. Making contact is the most important thing ever. Until then we continue to kill, discriminate and have pointless wars over deities who don't exist.

Sounds like you've been watching too much Hollywood.

Aliens already made contact with at our creation. Look how many refuse to believe God or what He said. Look how many reject Christ. Aliens have and will mean nothing to arrogant humans who want to be their own gods.

Upvote 0