yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Never assume the Biblical narrative is free of extra-terrestrial influence.
Yahuweh, Yahushua, the Heavenly Beings (identified IN SCRIPTURE), Angels and Demons might all be called extra-terrestrial. And they all may have "influenced" life on earth as Yahuweh orchestrated or permitted.
And obviously Yahuweh 'breathed'/ inspired ALL the Bible Himself.

But other things, stories and myths man made or doctrines of demons, forget.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In any work you have to beware of an ungodly influence or agenda which changes the definition of good and evil from the verdict of the Word of God. Such agendas and influences can be obvious, but they can be quite subtle too- and those are the most dangerous obviously. You want to be careful to make the Bible your authority, your reference point in judgment, and your obviously highest priority in what you give your time and attention to. Many of these sci-fi works take an atheist or new age view of the Universe or some other worldview which is not Biblical. You need to be very careful, discerning, and not assume good intentions on the part of the writers and makers of any work, whether it be presented as sci-fi or otherwise. There is a devil who walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour; and he does work through things that appear innocent and harmless, as the serpent in the garden surely seemed when he approached Eve. These are some Scriptures below related to your question.

Isaiah 5:20-21: "20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight."

2 Corinthians 11:14-15: "14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Proverbs 3:5-8: "5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. 8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."

1 Timothy 6:20-21: "20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen."

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aliens don't write about aliens: it's still humans who write about aliens. Just as we write about talking teddy bears who dress in suits and wear big hats and fictional small towns populated with colorful fictional characters. Those fictional small town protagonists or fictional international spies or Anne of the Green Gables are not God's Creation per se; they do not exist -- other than in the imagination of the most advanced, as you put it, of God's Creation. Storytelling and the ability to imagine is a very human trait and indeed what makes us the most advanced species.

We tell stories about fictional small towns, fictional castles and kings, uropia and dystopia, fictional forest animals or fictional aliens for the same reason, you know, to basically reflect our existence, our fears, hopes, to make social commentary, highlight issues. Even Jesus made use of allegories -- the Prodical Son, for example -- to get His point across. Elizabeth Bennet, Winnie-the-Pooh, Huckleberry Finn, or an alien explorer called Z'vdf'Aaar, a red-haired fictional small town boy or a purple-faced fictional alien -- what's the difference? They all function the same way and are products of our imagination.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
I know this is somewhat of a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to the faith and I'm still figuring things out. My question is; how should I feel about reading/writing/watching works with aliens in them? Does entertaining the thought of another species with an advanced society insult God? I mean, it does say that humans are indeed the most advanced of His creations. But then again, wouldn't that also mean that any personification of other species, or creating our own is as well? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just seriously would like to know, as sci-fi is one of my favorite genres, and I want to be sure I'm not sinning in enjoying it. Thanks in advance.

Enjoy these things.

We are not alone in the universe. Once you grasp that as a Christian you learn so much more about God.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I know this is somewhat of a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to the faith and I'm still figuring things out. My question is; how should I feel about reading/writing/watching works with aliens in them? Does entertaining the thought of another species with an advanced society insult God? I mean, it does say that humans are indeed the most advanced of His creations. But then again, wouldn't that also mean that any personification of other species, or creating our own is as well? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just seriously would like to know, as sci-fi is one of my favorite genres, and I want to be sure I'm not sinning in enjoying it. Thanks in advance.

If sci-fi is one of your favorite genres, then separate that as a worldly interpretation of creation. Don't dismiss it - you will need it for later.

You will need to pay more attention to the Word of God (old and new testament) right now, because you will need to equip yourself with information about your Father before you begin to cloud your database with fiction, interpretation and theory.

Read the bible canon on your own, and ask your Father for clarity and guidance when you read it - in the name of the Redeemer. Then, find someone you trust to discuss these things - someone who is evenly yoked: meaning they need to be as green or as educated as you are. This is not so they agree with you, but so that you have a peer to fellowship with, and grow with. You can help each other like this.

(Notice, this is a spiritual investment, and a temporal investment. Do not get involved with this process unless you really want to be closer to the Father.)

After you have a foundation in the Father and His Word - and what is expected of you - then it is time to start comparing the content of the canon with art (including science fiction). You will, in general, find Genesis 3-6 of great importance when remembering what aliens are, and from where they come.

Once you read the Word of God, you may see that space is a layer of heaven, and the sci-fi lore of intergalactic adventures is similar to the war(s) in heaven. You may see that the activity of Genesis 6 mimics the same behavior as some "alien" namesakes we know of (perhaps thanks to the History Channel per mainstream exposure). This is a personal relationship with the Most High God; He will instruct you according to the Truth, and His will if you are His - just believe He will. In the mean time, you should determine what is expected of you before you compare His word and worldly art.

You are not required to believe in aliens in order to be saved. Yehoshua the Son of the Most High God/Son of Man/Redeemer of Mankind/Living Word of God is the only One that you need to believe in to be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well yes, but those are not Aliens. Supernatural creatures don't fly around in craft and they don't need technology.

Mexicans are aliens to the USA. Aliens as a word does not specifically mean from outer space. Angels and demons are most certainly aliens to humanity.

As for Christians, where in the Bible do we have any evidence of aliens on other planets. In fact, apart from planets in our geocentric sphere, what other planets are mentioned in the Bible? There are none.

So, to answer the OP, they are not a concern for Christians since our priority is the Great Commission.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,517.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
since our priority is the Great Commission.
Well if our priority is the Gospel of the Kingdom, a world and way of life alien to our own, then other physical worlds might not need be far fetched?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well if our priority is the Gospel of the Kingdom, a world and way of life alien to our own, then other physical worlds might not need be far fetched?
Then, do you believe that "aliens" are also fallen in sin and need salvation? Wait. Salvation is for humans, not animals. So are your aliens human, then?

Upvote 0

Snypa

Dec 22, 2005
Alberta
✟15,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enjoy scifiction, just remember that most is written by atheist grinding there own view point and also imagine the reaction when in your favourete scifi sceen the aliens start to speak " Please tell us about Jesus!"
How would the world, watching press, gathered scientist all react?

I used to be really into sci-fi until i noticed this too, pretty well all sci-fi i have read is based on secular world views so there is no right and wrong.

As towards aliens, everyone's pretty well said it already. C.S. Lewis has an essay on aliens somewhere if you can find it, you might get something out of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well yes, but those are not Aliens. Supernatural creatures don't fly around in craft and they don't need technology.

Technology isn't supernatural to us anymore, because we understand the physics that comes with "space", or heavenly travel. Chariots of fire, vehicles moving to and fro without turning... these are descriptions that the Word of God knew would resonate with His people, and so that it would be understood thousands of years later.

Fallen angels, however, are likely the ones using vehicles to get around now, but that doesn't necessarily mean no holy entities use "vehicles" to get around - even ones we now consider mundane.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Fallen angels, however, are likely the ones using vehicles to get around now, but that doesn't necessarily mean no holy entities use "vehicles" to get around - even ones we now consider mundane.

Holy Beings don't need technology though. Fallen Angels are not supernatural, they are mortal like you and me and can die and be killed. They live on other planets and are way more advanced than we are.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Mexicans are aliens to the USA. Aliens as a word does not specifically mean from outer space. Angels and demons are most certainly aliens to humanity.

As for Christians, where in the Bible do we have any evidence of aliens on other planets. In fact, apart from planets in our geocentric sphere, what other planets are mentioned in the Bible? There are none.

There is plenty of evidence in the bible. Prophet ezekiel saw a spacecraft and encountered its Alien occupents.

4. And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

This describes re-entry of the craft into Earths Atmosphere.

7. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

The beings wore spacesuits,just like NASA astronauts do today.

The Ark of the covenant was most likely Alien technology. The bible is a hot bed of alien activity.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is plenty of evidence in the bible. Prophet ezekiel saw a spacecraft and encountered its Alien occupents.

4. And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

This describes re-entry of the craft into Earths Atmosphere.

7. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

The beings wore spacesuits,just like NASA astronauts do today.

The Ark of the covenant was most likely Alien technology. The bible is a hot bed of alien activity.
I have never heard or read anyone come up with your interpretation on the matter. Ezekiel met the Lord in the whirlwind, not an alien. And the beings described was the Lord's living craft for travel.

There are inter-dimensional "aliens", of course, but the Bible calls them angels and demons.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married

It does in this context cause Aliens and Demons are not supernatural creatures. They are just like you me and you and live on earth like worlds in the universe but are far more advanced.Their advanced technology maybe considered supernatural in nature.

Heaven may well be another earth like planet trillions of light years from our own.

Upvote 0