Faith
Christian
israelthebride said:
Yes.

We are to deny "self"
and submit to HIS WILL.

So,

Is GOD in CONTROL of what you write?

But if we deny self then we won't have any self opinionated view points of the bible , and that just won't do , ask anybody .

Self is all important , especialy when it comes to interpreting the bible.

And if not self , then ones own self church will do the trick instead...;)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
God is all powerful...longsuffering, tolerance, patient, merciful, forgiving, loving...and on and on go the discriptions of His character. Is God a god of force? No...So does He use or abuse you? No. If you submit yourself to His Will, then through you people will and can witness the Words of God in action. I prayed once that He would use me to witness to a fellow. IT was while I was talking to this fellow about the truth and praying in my heart at the same time that the Lord would put the right words in my mouth that would speak to this fellows heart. God answered my prayer and we were both blessed with the prophectic, the awesome, the influence of the Holy Spirit, and the opening up of the spiritual eyes for us both into the root, branch and fruit of the knowledge.

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He has the power to do so, but He chooses to allow us to have free will to do as we wish. Our decisions and our actions and our faith and our sanctification (acting in a Christ-like fashion) are all pleasing to Him if they are done according to His will.

On a lighter note, I thought this was going to be one of those conundrums like "can God make a burrito so hot that He can't eat it?" :)

Upvote 0

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
This is TRUTH
God is all powerful...longsuffering, tolerance, patient, merciful, forgiving, loving...and on and on go the discriptions of His character. Is God a god of force? No...So does He use or abuse you? No. If you submit yourself to His Will, then through you people will and can witness the Words of God in action. I prayed once that He would use me to witness to a fellow. IT was while I was talking to this fellow about the truth and praying in my heart at the same time that the Lord would put the right words in my mouth that would speak to this fellows heart. God answered my prayer and we were both blessed with the prophectic, the awesome, the influence of the Holy Spirit, and the opening up of the spiritual eyes for us both into the root, branch and fruit of the knowledge.

To make any choice on our own, without submitting to YHSHWH,
is looking for RIGHTEOUSNESS in our "dirty rags".

Choosing to act and/or speak without submitting to YHSHWH is seeking self-righteousness.
This was the very first sin commited.

RIGHTEOUSNESS is not us doing for HIM.
RIGHTEOUSNESS is HIMSELF DOING through us.

LOVE, RICOEL

Upvote 0

Everglaze

Atheist Council Representative
Aug 30, 2004
✟16,632.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He doesn't control us, but we are conditioned/functioned/programmed to do his will when we receive the Holy Spirit because that enables us to be "born-again."

When we're just regular people, we are conditioned/functioned/programmed to do Satan's will because we are ignorant in sin.

However, we are all a part of God's plan and whether good or evil, it will all be for his glory in the end.

So, how powerful is God? more powerful than you could ever imagine...amazingly powerful.

It really depends though, on the perspective of how you're asking that question of "Is God in control of your writing?"...we ARE predestined so maybe our writing is all part of what leads to the consequences of what was already planned ahead? but at the same time, we are free to do as we wish...it's quite complex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

In Christ Forever

prodromos said:
God does not force His will on anybody.
Hi prodromos.
Probably not too many study revelation, but this passage is pretty awsome. It shows God Himself putting it into the hearts of these "10 kings" to attack "the Harlot".
Just as God used the King of Babylon in the OT as His "servant" against Jerusalem.:eek: The Power of God Almighty!!!:amen:

reve 17: 16 "And the ten horns/kings which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. 18 "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

reve 11:17 saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.

Upvote 0

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
reve 11:17
saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.

YHSHWH is GOD and is in CONTROL.
When one submits to HIS HOLY SPIRIT
YHSHWH places that one exactly where HE needs that one.

We are to submit and let HIM LIVE through us.
HE knows exactly where to place HIS BODY/HIS PRESENCE (us)
where HE needs (us)
so that HE can DRAW HIS unsaved PEOPLE to HIMSELF.
Remember, the lost are lost by their own choice.

In non-submittance,
one is a useless part of HIS BODY
because no one knows
YHSHWH is right there next to them.

If HOLY SPIRIT is in YOU - BE HIS BODY/HIS PRESENCE all the time.

Click on this and let us PRAY:
YOU are YHSHWH'S HOLY GROUND.http://www.sagala.net/news/holyground.MID
(click)

LORD GOD YHSHWH, YOU have CREATED me to be YOUR BODY
and have PLACED YOUR SPIRIT in me
PLACING all YOUR POWER, in me, here on earth.

May I remember this at every temptation
and in every situation YOU LEAD me into.
I, submitted to YOUR SPIRIT, am willing
but "self" (my flesh) is weak.
Let me submit to YOU
when thoughts and desires, I know are against YOU,
come into my mind.
Let me fill my mind with YOUR WORD, always.
Don't let me be diverted from my PURPOSE - the reason YOU CREATED me.
Help me to separate what I want and what YOU WANT.
Let me not dishonor YOU.

Help me cling to YOUR SPIRIT, for this is my RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Help me submit to YOUR SPIRIT, for this is my LOVE for YOU.
Help me mesh with YOUR SPIRIT, for this is our ONENESS.

YHSHWH GOD and HIS PEOPLE are ONE.
In YOUR GREAT NAME, YHSHWH,
I stand here as YOUR PRESENCE to this world.
I submit to YOU.
YOU BE YOURSELF through ME.
I LOVE YOU, my HUSBAND.
AMEN.

LOVE, RICOEL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.