Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that is really young compared to our area! 24 is considered to be on the younger side :) anything under 21 is really young for our area :)

I never really gave it much thought until I met a girl on the forum when I was 15. We became fast friends but oh so different in just about everything. She is a city girl and I am a country girl. She was shocked when I said I was engaged and she thought it was such a waste to just get married and have babies. I must say I was taken aback by her reaction. All I have ever wanted was to be a stay at home wife and mother, much like the Titus 2 woman. My mom is such a beautiful soul and she married young and trained me from wee little to be a keeper of the home.
I was challenged by my friendship with that online friend...we spent hours talking privately and I think she influenced my thinking for a while...I battled myself and my beliefs.
I guess I'm thankful for that friendship. She challenged me to really dig deep within myself to make sure I knew what I really wanted. I went to university and will finish my degree next year. I don't know if I will pursue anything further or not. Perhaps.
But I do know that I am happy and content to be who I am now. I'm proud to be a country girl and a stay at home wife for the summer. :)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never really gave it much thought until I met a girl on the forum when I was 15. We became fast friends but oh so different in just about everything. She is a city girl and I am a country girl. She was shocked when I said I was engaged and she thought it was such a waste to just get married and have babies. I must say I was taken aback by her reaction. All I have ever wanted was to be a stay at home wife and mother, much like the Titus 2 woman. My mom is such a beautiful soul and she married young and trained me from wee little to be a keeper of the home.
I was challenged by my friendship with that online friend...we spent hours talking privately and I think she influenced my thinking for a while...I battled myself and my beliefs.
I guess I'm thankful for that friendship. She challenged me to really dig deep within myself to make sure I knew what I really wanted. I went to university and will finish my degree next year. I don't know if I will pursue anything further or not. Perhaps.
But I do know that I am happy and content to be who I am now. I'm proud to be a country girl and a stay at home wife for the summer. :)
Honestly, I’d love to be a stay at home mom once we, God willing, have kids. It’s tough, since we are in an area where it is very difficult to only have one income, and my income is the higher of our two salaries. Enjoy your time taking care of your hubby :) It’s great that you are finishing up your university degree as well.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I’d love to be a stay at home mom once we, God willing, have kids. It’s tough, since we are in an area where it is very difficult to only have one income, and my income is the higher of our two salaries. Enjoy your time taking care of your hubby :) It’s great that you are finishing up your university degree as well.

My husband is so incredibly good with money and bought our house in full. I think that puts us at an advantage because of having no mortgage. It's a seller's market where we are now so buyers are asking high prices even for starter homes. I'm so incredibly thankful that he has a good, secure job that he loves. He graduated high school a year earlier and he worked hard and kept his head during his teenage years...me, not so much LOL. My university is all paid in full because of my scholarships so that helps us as well. If I didn't finish, I think my dad would kick my butt haha

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My husband is so incredibly good with money and bought our house in full. I think that puts us at an advantage because of having no mortgage. It's a seller's market where we are now so buyers are asking high prices even for starter homes. I'm so incredibly thankful that he has a good, secure job that he loves. He graduated high school a year earlier and he worked hard and kept his head during his teenage years...me, not so much LOL. My university is all paid in full because of my scholarships so that helps us as well. If I didn't finish, I think my dad would kick my butt haha
Having your house paid definitely helps! Our house was mine before we got married - I purchased it a few years before our wedding. We were from two different areas, so we had to choose one of the two. Since I already owned the house instead of renting, and since it was cheaper here and I have a steady solid job here, we decided to stay in my hometown. I’m very grateful for everything, though finances can be tricky sometimes. What happens in our early career and early adulthood definitely impacts the rest of our lives. In our case, it’d be very tough to manage only one salary, though we are trying to save up so I can at least stay home some after having a baby or work part time.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@All4Christ There are many jobs you can do from home if you decide to stay home.
I have a friend who teaches English to children in China. She teaches through a company called VIPkids. I believe all you need is a bachelor's degree. I've thought of doing it when I get my degree. Right now, I teach piano and horse riding lessons. I also volunteer at a nursing home and will be teaching in a private Christian school in October.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It’s great that you are finishing up your university degree as well.

Agree with this. I always think, even if you want to be a stay at home wife and mother, it's important to be employable... because you never know what's around the corner. I've known wives who've lost their husbands, or whose husbands have become suddenly disabled, or even just unemployed for a season, and where the wife's ability to work has been what's kept the family afloat during very difficult times.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hubby and I were both 26 when we were married. If we didn't wait for my parents' blessing, we would be married at 22 :) Either way... didn't matter to us: we just want to be together and in love with one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First time I was 24 and he was 34, it lasted until I was 27.

Second time, “technically” we got married in our mid 30s, but he proposed when I was 29 and we had no real intention of getting married. If it wasn’t for insurance needs, we would have happily kept on keeping on as we were.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband is 22 and I am 21. We married in June. My mom was 18 when she married.

Do you think it's better to be younger or older when you marry ??

I was 42 and my wife was 38. I am grateful for God's grace, that He caused us both to wait to be married. I was way too immature in my 20's and 30's.

• Agree
Reactions: Dpca10112
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My husband is 22 and I am 21. We married in June. My mom was 18 when she married.

I was 27 and my wife was 25.

I don’t think either way is better. Marriage is best when both parties are ready and willing to commit, regardless of age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was 35 and he was 41. We've been married 3 years. First marriage for both of us. I think getting married younger or older has its own set of pros and cons. I was engaged in my early 20s and now that I'm married and older, I think it would have been challenging and good in different ways than getting married older. I was a completely different person then too.

Upvote 0

Hott4Tiff

Jul 23, 2018
Raeford, NC
✟15,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My wife and I were both only 19 when we got married. We had been dating alittle less than one year. Way too early, we concede, but it’s been 5 years now and we have a better relationship than we ever have.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can see a certain wisdom of marrying earlier.

While it conflicts with our post-industrial revolution concept of education and career, it would allow for sexual development TOGETHER during those first formative months and years of puberty. I am of the opinion that it would cut way down on the incidence of sexual incompatibility.

That is not a thing that the Church has ever taken as important.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But Dave, if we're talking first years of puberty, we're talking children. I mean, some girls experience menarche as young as eight.

So, not only would I say that's not important, I'd say it's pretty horrifying. It's way below the maturity required for consenting to marry.

Upvote 0