How old do you have to be to be a preacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

In answer to your question: I think anyone at any age can preach. Of course they also need to be able to effectively communicate a message. As cute as he is, all this little guy is communicating, in my opinion, is that he's a good imitator of what he's seeing and hearing on a regular basis. The cheers I believe are more in response to his antics not his gospel message...if anyone can understand him.

Hopefully, the adults in his life will "train him up in the way that he should go" and not put out another prototype of Marjoe Gortner.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if I were to answer your question seriously, I'd say:

1 Timothy 3:8-13 (New International Version)

8 Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
11 In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
12 A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is far from cute or funny. I have seen this sort of cr*p before and it’s a tragedy. The parents should be arrested for child abuse. This child is being used by adults for their entertainment and pleasure, like a trained monkey performing on cue at the end of a leash (or in this case a microphone) … and, worse yet, to perform something that should be held in higher esteem by Christians—the preaching of the gospel. This baby is simply mimicking what he has seen adults do. He has no concept of truth or the gospel.

If this child does not grow up to hate all things Christian it will be a miracle.

Remember Marjoe Gortner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdI8ag1k0A&NR=1

~N. Clement Weathers

Contentment is not found in having what you want, but in wanting what you have

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OP Asks: How old do you have to be to be a preacher?

Moriah answers: About five, with disgustingly overindulgent parents willing to parade you around and inflict you on everyone, knowing most people would not be so "cruel" (honest) as to do anything but fawn and coo and make a fuss.

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
8 Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
11 In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
12 A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus. __________________

This from earlier in the thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.