How often do you see this at the Emmys?!

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The dude played Jules in Pulp Fiction, Mace Windoo in Star Wars prequels, Nick Fury in Marvel Comics flicks, he has fought snakes on planes, he was Ordell in Jackie Brown, another Tarantino classic, and the guy knows Thor, Ironman, Hulk, and a slew of other influential superheroes.

Bottom line.....we need this man! He'll blow Palamalou's fame right off the market and make Orthodoxy a national name! :p

lol :D ...still wearing a huge grin... lol ..I thought I had a wickedly wild imagination. :p It makes for great creativity. :D

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The dude played Jules in Pulp Fiction, Mace Windoo in Star Wars prequels, Nick Fury in Marvel Comics flicks, he has fought snakes on planes, he was Ordell in Jackie Brown, another Tarantino classic, and the guy knows Thor, Ironman, Hulk, and a slew of other influential superheroes.

Bottom line.....we need this man! He'll blow Palamalou's fame right off the market and make Orthodoxy a national name! :p

lol :D exactly...:D The only thing I didn't get was Nick Fury. Is that from the movie Unbreakable?

Upvote 0

Ioannis

I'm home!
Dec 31, 2005
United States
✟16,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That was awesome. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed that I knew who "Lucky Spencer" is. If so, then, in my defense, my mom used to watch that show when I was a kid. If not, then...cool? Not often do Athonites get shout-outs on national television.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nick Fury!? You don't know Nick Fury! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!

He's the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Avengers and the other superhero Marvel flicks leading up to it.

Scroll over to 5:34 on this video

Exidor - YouTube

lol :D exactly...:D The only thing I didn't get was Nick Fury. Is that from the movie Unbreakable?

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nick Fury!? You don't know Nick Fury! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!

He's the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Avengers and the other superhero Marvel flicks leading up to it.

Scroll over to 5:34 on this video

Exidor - YouTube

lol (rofl)
277833-albums3697-39535t.gif
I'm now appropriately chastised. :p I'll check it out. :p

Upvote 0

truthseeker32

Lost in the Cosmos
Nov 30, 2010
✟16,510.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it's believed the prayers of all monks and nuns around the world are sustaining the earth. St. Silouan has said that without their prayers, the earth would have perished a long time ago.
So if the monks stopped praying the world would be destroyed?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jackson is definitely a convert -- in a good way.

God grant him many years.

Personally, I have learned a lot from the cradle Orthodox people that I have known. I just had to humble myself and realize that I still had (and have) a lot to learn. Most cradle Orthodox that I know don't do a lot of talking about living an Orthodox life, they just live it. Often, I don't think the portrayal of cradle Orthodox is a fair one. If those of us who are converts will humble ourselves, there is much we can learn from cradle Orthodox.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So if the monks stopped praying the world would be destroyed?

destroyed? I don't think so, because that's God's business and He does not destroy what He creates, at least without some higher salvation in mind, but I would say that life would be much, much worse.

Upvote 0

truthseeker32

Lost in the Cosmos
Nov 30, 2010
✟16,510.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
destroyed? I don't think so, because that's God's business and He does not destroy what He creates, at least without some higher salvation in mind, but I would say that life would be much, much worse.
Interesting. It is hard for me to wrap my head around such a mystical idea. My view of the world, although I do believe in God, tends to be a pretty naturalist one of cause and effect. It is hard to grasp this idea that because there are some who pray unceasingly this chain of cause and effect is altered.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. It is hard for me to wrap my head around such a mystical idea. My view of the world, although I do believe in God, tends to be a pretty naturalist one of cause and effect. It is hard to grasp this idea that because there are some who pray unceasingly this chain of cause and effect is altered.

well, I would not say that it is altered, it could just be that we have not seen the full effects of the monastics' prayers yet.

Upvote 0

Blonde

Oct 30, 2007
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sometimes we have to accept that we know very little.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums