✟1,513,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I think it's so simple.

On one level, the congregation can't tell the pastor what to do, what to teach, and so on. (I've had that discussion with a congregation who tried to forbid teaching on a particular topic!)

But on another level - and especially in churches (unlike mine) with a congregational polity - if we're to work together as one body, there is a level of mutual accountability. It's not right for a minister to come in and just steamroll a congregation into particular decisions, bully the parish council, ride their hobby-horses over what's important to that community (you get the drift). And if one of us did that, we should both expect complaints, and be ready to receive them humbly and with repentance.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are mixing two concepts: who has what authority and how it should be handled. I have to be philosophical since I have never been in Christian leadership, although have been in secular leadership. I speak only because I think there is definitely room to take realistic steps toward something better in church authority/relationships/function.

Unfortunately, models of handling authority well don't make the headlines, and are rare in any event, which causes the problem to be an ongoing one. God gives authority for protecting and helping, and it can and should be handled with humility and relationship skills. Someone who handles their authority like a gorilla has failed to internalize an array of simple matters from Scripture (and is at risk of being spiritually abusive). I think sometimes it is because they find themselves with responsibilities to do things that God has not finished preparing them for, they are needed in an environment where a level of patience is needed that is not acceptable to some involved, or simply because they are not humble enough in the right ways. A fallen human is highly susceptible to having authority, power, wealth, success, or too much control erode their humility. My go-to verse for leaders is:

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him. (John 7:18, 1984 NIV)

A leader who is less susceptible to problems would be one who has constantly cultivated and implemented the perspective along the lines of, "God is in the room with me and wants me to do certain things with a certain attitude in certain ways at certain times, and there is no room for what I want." This is one of the reasons I gladly challenge anyone with Christian leadership responsibilities to be in prayer a bare minimum of an hour a day, because that is how one's will becomes aligned with God's will (in terms of what we can do; God can always bring about whatever he wants regardless of what anyone does). (I am presuming the leader is also attending to the other spiritual disciplines.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If your Pastors drive this, isnt it you who deserve the financial donation.

Kenneth Copeland in front of his private jet.

Pastor Oyedepo in his private jet

Should the Church Teach Tithing? Taboo Answer

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

:preach: Lazarus how could you say a thing! You were once dead but now your alive in Christ not to put down the preacher and if they are crooked pray for them who are you to judge take a good look in the mirror and brush your teeth because brother your breath stinks! Can I get a witness :wave::amen::sorry:
:preach: Brother Lazarus we love here in this house despite what's going on in other houses take a look into your own house and put all your energy into helping your pastor brother keep your eyes on Jesus.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Greg J.
Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't like it, unless they publish everyone's salary.

:preach: Jimmyjimmy you don't like what my brother? Or is it you don't like to give? hey people struggle to give and when it manifest "OW" watch out now preacher man gaurentee rocks are heading your way and when they do you better duck.
:preach: Brothers and sisters if another preacher is robbing God let's just pray a blessing over them and pray against that greedy lying ungly spirit of mammon that's over our brothers in the Lord, amen? :amen::amen::amen:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Greg J.
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:preach: Brothers and sisters if another preacher is robbing God let's just pray a blessing over them

On the contrary Paul has rebuked Demas so the believers wont get deceived by him, :

2 Tim 4:10 For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica.

and such Demas in love with the world are these :

Kenneth Copeland in front of his private jet.

Pastor Oyedepo in his private jet

Please advise me are we suppose to be like this, if yes i will follow you.

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:preach: If I had a Demas in my house I would rebuke him too BUT am I going to go demas house hunting to rebuke a demas the answer is No they will do that within the leadership that God has appointed over that house but if I get wind of other house issues we will love them and pray Gods blessing over the entire house and Gods wisdom will be shown to be right.

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:oldthumbsup::yawn::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:
Arent we all one body ?

:preach: Amen we are one body and Christ is the head so Christ which is translate to anointed a description of the Holy Spirit he will deal with any effected areas in his body. You see if the arcule is raptured the whole body is thrown off balance so the Holy Spirit who is Love will heal that area. Can you imagine if the body operated in Love? Jesus says ...love one another in this way the World will know you are my disciples.
Love is power it is the anointing may the anointing flow from the head down, amen. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:oldthumbsup::yawn::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

:preach: Amen we are one body and Christ is the head so Christ which is translate to anointed a description of the Holy Spirit he will deal with any effected areas in his body. You see if the arcule is raptured the whole body is thrown off balance so the Holy Spirit who is Love will heal that area. Can you imagine if the body operated in Love? Jesus says ...love one another in this way the World will know you are my disciples.
Love is power it is the anointing may the anointing flow from the head down, amen. :oldthumbsup:

Its good that some people make this video :
Instead of :

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums