new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would you expect the average scientist to be any more or less moral than the average person?

We're not talking of the average scientists here, but of those whom the average scientists follow. We're talking of the scientists who set examples to other scientists. They are eccentric, thus, more or less, all scientists are eccentric.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,941.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We're not talking of the average scientists here, but of those whom the average scientists follow. We're talking of the scientists who set examples to other scientists. They are eccentric, thus, more or less, all scientists are eccentric.

You're not making any sense, surely this must be a poe...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Ok, now you´ve got that off your chest I guess this thread has run its course.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, now you´ve got that off your chest I guess this thread has run its course.

Why should you think so? Eccentricity often means lack of moral behavior, especially when great scientists are concerned.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Why should you think so? Eccentricity often means lack of moral behavior, especially when great scientists are concerned.
Let´s just generously assume, for purposes of your argument, that all great scientists are eccentric, and that being eccentric often means being immoral.
Now what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,941.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, it isn't. Let me ask you to name a great scientist who wasn't eccentric.

Hmm, the ones you know are probably a bit eccentric, but there are thousands of scientists working every day that u never heard of...

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let´s just generously assume, for purposes of your argument, that all great scientists are eccentric, and that being eccentric often means being immoral.
Now what?

Do I have all the answers? No. I'm here to debate.

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, the ones you know are probably a bit eccentric, but there are thousands of scientists working every day that u never heard of...

I said GREAT scientists, who exercise their (im)moral influence on their followers the ordinary scientists.

Upvote 0