✟2,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God created everything in 6 days

For me - I think it is possible, but I am not sure. Wheter He created it is 6 days or 600 years it irrelevant - the important thing for me is that God in my creator aand that I believe that is did create everything.

You'll go to hell if you are not a christian

It's not my job to judge. I'll leave that up to the Lord. All I can do is live my life for Him and help to bring others to know Him. Our final judgement is in Hid hands and no one elses.

Peace-
Karla

Upvote 0

coolhandluke

*a princess*
Jun 26, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,509.00
Faith
Calvinist
Yesterday at 06:22 PM Mr Buddhist said this in Post #1

"OK, I need to know how many of the Christians here believe in these two things...

God created everything in 6 days."

I think probably so, but it's not something I'm concerned with at all, and so I've did no study on it whatsoever.

"You'll go to hell if you're not a Christian." 

If you don't have Christ as your savior, and you don't have the Holy Spirit, then you will go to hell.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Yesterday at 06:39 AM MichaelFJF said this in Post #5

Not only do I agree with karla (not my job), but I firmly believe that anyone who thinks they have a definitive answer is a very dangerous and misguided person. 6 days? <shrug> I'll ask when I get there. M

Well that's what the bible teaches. :)

And all scripture is good for reproof and all scripture is God breathed. (scriptural) :)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
2 Timothy 2:15: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

That is a key Scripture for any Christian. If you have accepted Christ as your personal Saviour, it is not a matter of judging who will go to Heaven and who will not. The New Testament is all about that. The judging is already done.

Jesus said: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Jesus also said: "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

John 3:16 and Romans 10:9,10 tell us how to be born again.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Yes, God created all there is in six 24 hour days. That is clear from the Genesis account. I know there are always those who say those days could be million year days or some other number. But I don't believe God is a "tricky" God. Why would He write us a Book so that we could know Him and love Him and then write everything in some kind of code impossible to understand. He is well able to create it in that period of time and He is well able to say what He means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cecilia

Catholic Teen
Apr 1, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟15,752.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am a firm believer in the story of creation but as for all non-Christians going to hell...this is my opinion....

"How can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?" (Romans 10:14)

Though it is rare to find a person that has never heard of the saving power of Christ, it can still be possible. I witness to everyone that I can. That way, it is not a matter of being ignorant of the subject, it is a matter of accepting it as truth.

Upvote 0
Romans 1:19-21<SUP>19</SUP>since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. <SUP>20</SUP>For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
<SUP>21</SUP>For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Romans 2:1
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

So there you go, God reveals himself to everyone through nature and it is God's place to judge regarding who goes to hell or not and the point of the second passage is that God is the judge of our lives not you or I. However, if you have heard about Jesus Christ you are now responsible to do something with that. I'm only concerned because if what Jesus said is true and you refuse to respond to His call on your life, God may ask you about that? Think about it at least or better yet pray about it...

Levi

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fakemind

in love with God
Apr 13, 2002
KY
Visit site
✟395.00
Faith
Christian
yeppers, i believe both statements.

1) sure, why not? i think most people who dont want to believe the 6 day creation story have trouble because they trust the theory of evolution rather than the Bible.

2) yes here to.

John 14:6 says (nkjv)
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

As to people not knowing Jesus:

Rom 1:20 (nkjv) For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

and

1 John 2:23 (nkjv) Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Can somebody have a relationship with God without knowing the story of Jesus? Sure. But a person who does indeed know God, if they are later told the story of Jesus, will recognize Jesus as God. However, anybody who knows the story of Jesus and denies Jesus as God, does *not* know the Father! "Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either".

Also, something interesting just to note is that in Romans 1:20 it says that "even His eternal power and Godhead".

If you have questions about the second question, Romans goes into it pretty well in the first chapters. :)

Upvote 0