How many past 50 have hope of finding love again?

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am 50 and have not found love PERIOD! One guy on a forum I am in stated if you are over 50 God wants you single-did not enjoy hearing it! It is just hard finding someone halfway attractive, good job, not abusive, no substance abuse (everything the last guy I dated was not). Some of us just don't have any luck! ps-STILL a virgin also!!:o

I am a 66 year old widow. I am a Christian women and believe that there is a Christian man out there that is praying for God Almighty to send him a good, God fearing and Christian woman to love and be loved by, to trust and be trusted by, to honor and be honor by, and to support and be supported by. I am praying that same prayer. I am a good, sincere, honorable, trusting, caring, understanding, forgiving, devoted, dedicated, and respectful woman. I believe in due time that God will send that special man into my life and we will put God first in:preach::clap::) our lives and live out our lives loving each other and serving God.

May God bless you both in His Merciful Love.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am 50 and have not found love PERIOD! One guy on a forum I am in stated if you are over 50 God wants you single-did not enjoy hearing it! It is just hard finding someone halfway attractive, good job, not abusive, no substance abuse (everything the last guy I dated was not). Some of us just don't have any luck! ps-STILL a virgin also!!:o

I am a 66 year old widow. I am a Christian women and believe that there is a Christian man out there that is praying for God Almighty to send him a good, God fearing and Christian woman to love and be loved by, to trust and be trusted by, to honor and be honor by, and to support and be supported by. I am praying that same prayer. I am a good, sincere, honorable, trusting, caring, understanding, forgiving, devoted, dedicated, and respectful woman. I believe in due time that God will send that special man into my life and we will put God first in:preach::clap::) our lives and live out our lives loving each other and serving God.

God bless you, sisters ...

:prayer:

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe some people are called to be single (or celibate). Also I believe some people are called to be married. I can't conceive of a God that would call you to do something and not equip you for that call.

I am 59,divorced 6 years and believe that God is willing to meet my loneliness. In my practice I have met people near 80 who had that star-gazed lover look in their eyes. Nursing home have love relationships in them too. I have met countless people who are older when they met their significant other.

Yes,it is discouraging and depressing when we see our faults and think "Why would anyone want me...I'm too old, too fat,too wrinkled." All I can do is take care of my heart filled with gladness that He saved me...the greatest love relationship of all. I once lived in an apartment with a woman who was uglier than any woman I've met.....but SHE didn't know it. She smiled and was friendly and never went long without a boyfriend. She amazed me!

So don't get too down,pray,be open and friendly and with hope a partner will come.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
When you are saying things like "who would want a 50 year old woman?"...well, maybe a 51+ year old guy? One that wants to retire eventually and not worry about a woman who wants to have babies still. I am amazed on how may men in the hospital flatter me about how "young" I look and how pretty I am...okay, they are usually 58+ (because hospitals tend to have older clients) and my "beauty" really is just that I smile a lot and take time to listen to them...but honestly, it means hope isn't totally lost that someone can someday find me attractive enough love.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't given up but I believe I've let go. My preference is that I would find a mate, and I suspect I will one day, but if it doesn't happen that's okay too. It's very freeing, and I wish I could give some great words of wisdom on how it happened, but I'm not sure I have them. I just think when you pray and pray to know and love God more than anything eventually you mean it, and that's a prayer He'll answer with a yes. And once He becomes the most important thing, the other things really do fade. The desire is there, but it is no longer in control. I know I'll be happy and fulfilled even if God doesn't see fit to point the way to "Mr. Right."

I also think, for me anyway, that it's always important to remember that I'm not a victim here. There are lots of guys I could have that I don't want to be with. It's not like no one would have me. It's that the guys I've been interested in haven't turned out to be free of deal-breakers.

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

Praying for u. All things are working for your good if u love God. God bless

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, I'm finding more love past 60 than I had before I was 60. I really feel that I'm open to people and willing to hear who they are and as I hear who they are they are feeling loved. This has resulted in the best relationships of my life. Just yesterday a GF that she and I have been working together on a issue she has for 17 months. She experienced a milestone this past weekend in freedom and she sent me an email saying, "Thanks for providing safety and Loving Presence for me in this exploration journey." Its been such a pleasure to be there for her as we both have been there for each other. Now we aren't going to get married. She is Jewish and wants a Jewish BF. SO we both know this relationship has limits. She has even meet a Jewish man recently and they are getting to know each other. So her and my relationship will probably change in some way. She knows I'll support her if and as the relationship with this new guy continues to grow.

There are a lot of people out there that need love, that need a friend. So I think we Christians shouldn't be loving them as we love ourself. To refer to how Jesus said we should live in this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I'm curious, William, as to why you think you haven't found love yet?

I have never been in a serious relationship and none of the women I have dated have been "proper". Even as a kid, I didnt date "just for fun". I was looking for "my rib". Here is a little rundown of the types of women I have dated.

1. Magicians-Two of the women I dated managed to hide the fact that they had several kids, by different men, out of wedlock.

2. Swimmers- I stopped counting the number of women I dated who were closet drunks. (Drank like a fish).

3. Swindlers- I dated at least three women who only were only interested in money.

4. Movers and shakers- Quite a few women were talking marriage after we had only dated a few weeks.

5. Farmers- Several women I dated, I later found out, had decided to "sew their wild oats" for more than a decade, then decided to find "a nice Christian man" to take care of them. Basically, they were ex-barflies who slept with everything under the sun, then when their looks could no longer pull them through life, decided to "inflict" themselves on a Christian man.

But the main reason is that, as a child, I was taught that a man was to support his family. To this end, I put off marriage for many years so that I could become financially stable. By that time, all the "good women" seem to have been taken and I was left with the dregs.

Upvote 0

steflou64

Sep 21, 2014
✟15,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Poor William! The last guy I dated had all 3 of those characteristics-barfly-drank like a fish, swindler-only dated me for money and had a bunch of one night stands (supposed to be a christian!). Males and females are equally guilty! I am a decent christian girl-never ask to borrow money, rarely drink and if I do not over 2 at the most, never slept with anyone! It is too bad you don't live in GA to be able to find some nice girl like myself! I am hoping God leads me to a nice man eventually who a) can carry his own weight financially b) no substance abuse c) no temper/domestic violence! We can pray for each other. I have never been in a serious relationship, either!:doh::doh:

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Poor William! The last guy I dated had all 3 of those characteristics-barfly-drank like a fish, swindler-only dated me for money and had a bunch of one night stands (supposed to be a christian!). Males and females are equally guilty! I am a decent christian girl-never ask to borrow money, rarely drink and if I do not over 2 at the most, never slept with anyone! It is too bad you don't live in GA to be able to find some nice girl like myself! I am hoping God leads me to a nice man eventually who a) can carry his own weight financially b) no substance abuse c) no temper/domestic violence! We can pray for each other. I have never been in a serious relationship, either!:doh::doh:

Oh, I agree, steflou64. Many of us are in the same boat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

maybe I should introduce you to my friend. He wants to remain a virgin until he gets married. He is 52 years old. Has has never had a girlfriend.He has nevr been married. He hates politics. I told him that he should run for public office, because women would be very interested in him. He has no sexual scandals!

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Goodness. I know a lot of single men and women and they aren't anything like that. Most don't drink much and in moderation when they do. Most hold full-time jobs and pay their way through life. All of them "claim" their children. And most are pretty realistic about relationships even if they like to daydream a little bit....

The people I have dated ... well, it didn't work for reason like just not quite enough magic (I like you but it isn't enough to consider spending my life with you alone) ... differences in parenting styles ... or differences in what we value in life ...all are a lot more foggy reasons that basically mean two people aren't a match no matter how much one of them is "in love".

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm with you Blackribbon. I don't find the dating world that bleak either. I get perplexed when such large a gulf emerges between someone who would avow the Christian way of life versus daters who were drunks,users,or thoroughly reprobate. Do Christians simply walk past each other?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Maybe we do walk past each other while we are trying to survive normal life. I honestly don't have a clue how to find single men. I don't hang out in bars...too busy working and taking care of my kids and I don't find them that fun....protects me from dating people who equate alcohol with fun though. My "spare" time is usually spent on sports benches watching my kids be kids. Maybe there are some single men there...but I wouldn't know because that isn't what we talk about...we talk about our kids. As a nurse, I work primarily in a female profession...and don't know that I'd want to date someone I had to work with...too awkward if it didn't work out...and a good chance the hospital would put us on different shifts if it did (hence one would be at work when the other was home sleeping). The few "singles" events I've ever attend through church are mostly women. I am not doing the online thing...not to put anyone down who does it, but it feels entirely too much like applying for a job...and there is nothing "real" about it.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm with you Blackribbon. I don't find the dating world that bleak either. I get perplexed when such large a gulf emerges between someone who would avow the Christian way of life versus daters who were drunks,users,or thoroughly reprobate. Do Christians simply walk past each other?

My "dating pool" is relatively small. Between work and familial duties, I have almost no free time in which to find a wife. So, the only women I meet are at church. Out of the 400 or so people with whom I attend church, there are only about 10 single women who are within my age range. And a fair percentage of those are either in a "relationship" or are undatable.

Upvote 0