How many past 50 have hope of finding love again?

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I do believe that Jesus felt emotions like we do...but as someone who as experienced death as close to home as it gets, I didn't wish my husband back so much as I wish to follow him. Jesus knew what was on the other side. He also knew He had the power to bring back anyone who died. So why would he have wept over the sorrow of seperation. Unlike us, He knew that this seperation was extremely temporary in the human side.

I also think maybe he wept over the lack of faith of His friends. By telling Jesus that he was "too late", they were stating that they really didn't understand His message or recognize that He was indeed God.

I do believe that there might be different levels of honor in Heaven related to our lives here. But since a real sense of justice will exist and jealousy won't, it won't be an issue. Even the "least" will recognize that it is by the grace of God that he/she is in God's presence instead of jealous of those whose whom have a more honored place. However, I believe this verse only says that that those who follow Christ will shine with the light of God while those who never accepted that He is God will forever live in the dark that is the lack of God's presence.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So why would he have wept over the sorrow of seperation. Unlike us, He knew that this seperation was extremely temporary in the human side.

He did take time alone when He heard they killed John the baptist.

13 When Jesus heard it, He departed from there by boat to a deserted place by Himself.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It would be interesting to have Jesus comment about our Modern view of self and emotions.
Its really only in the last couple of hundred years that we have developed these concepts the way we think of them now. When Aristotle talked about knowing ones self, it was knowing ones place in society. America is where the idea that we can have an American Dream of moving up in society or to make money and buy what we want. These are all new concepts that effect how we read the Bible. As we all read our own world view back into the Bible. I know I sure do. But the interesting thing is God still uses the Bible in our life even tho we can't read it to mean way it was written alone these ideas of self and emotions.

Here is what the ancients thought about the fluids in our body:
The Four Humors are the metabolic agents of the Four Elements in the human body. The right balance and purity of them is essential to maintaining health. The Four Humors and the elements they serve are as follows:
BLOOD - AIR
PHLEGM - WATER
YELLOW BILE - FIRE
BLACK BILE - EARTH
All four of these humors, or vital fluids, are present in the bloodstream in varying quantities:
Blood, or the Sanguine humor, is the red, hemoglobin-rich portion.
Phlegm, or the Phlegmatic humor, is present as the clear plasma portion.
Yellow Bile, or the Choleric humor, is present as a slight residue or bilirubin, imparting a slight yellowish tint.
Black Bile, or the Melancholic humor, is present as a brownish grey sediment with platelets and clotting factors.

I find it very interesting that none of these ideas are that predominate in the Bible that we would have to reject the Bible as being totally outside how we understand the body to work these days.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think people over 50 might actually have an easier time finding love. Typically women out live men by quite a lot so the odds start getting really good for men. However, I suspect that if a man finds himself single at that age he can probably do without a woman unless he still has a high sex drive somehow.

:thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've always found it pretty easy to find women to love and to love me.

What I have noticed tho is that usually we have had several experiences that have told us that we don't want to be in a relationship with someone like X. If X is broad enough that can rule out a lot of people really quick.

Upvote 0