How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I edited the OP title. Now try again.
"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah there. Acts 8:5

When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. Acts 8:14

So, when Peter and John had given their testimony and preached the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, preaching the good news [the gospel of salvation in Christ] in many Samaritan villages. Acts 8:25

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Acts 9:31

The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted.
This news made all the believers very glad. Acts 15:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah there. Acts 8:5

When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. Acts 8:14

So, when Peter and John had given their testimony and preached the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, preaching the good news [the gospel of salvation in Christ] in many Samaritan villages. Acts 8:25

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Acts 9:31

The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted.
I even changed the title and you still didn’t respond to the OP.

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Dah'veed said:

I even changed the title and you still didn’t respond to the OP.
Perhaps it wasn't what you anticipated.

He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,
and the gospel is to be proclaimed to people from all nations, beginning from Jerusalem." Luke 24:46-47

In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; The nations will all come to Him. Isaiah 11:10

"I have come to gather the people of all nations and languages, and they will come and see my glory." Isaiah 66:18

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name among the nations;
For he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you. Isaiah 12:4-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it wasn't what you anticipated.
No, what you are posting isn’t the topic. Try to address the actual questions in the OP. That will be refreshing.

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No, what you are posting isn’t the topic. Try to address the actual questions in the OP. That will be refreshing.
The question about how many Gentiles were saved by Jesus? Those who honor God.
Brothers and sisters of the seed of Abraham, and you Gentiles who honor God, to us the truth of the gospel of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ has been sent. Acts 13:26 And the refreshing comes from the presence of the Lord. Your people will praise you and live in Your presence. Ps 140:13

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Where did I ask that?
That was obviously my question. For you it's inconceivable that Jesus saves Gentiles.

That through the good news the Gentiles are fellow heirs with the Jews, members of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ; Eph 3:6

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
In truth, judgment and righteousness; the nations shall blessed by Him, and in Him they will glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That was obviously my question. For you it's inconceivable that Jesus saves Gentiles.
Really? Where did I ever say that?
That through the good news the Gentiles are fellow heirs with the Jews, members of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ; Eph 3:6
I agree. But that’s not what the OP is about.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
In truth, judgment and righteousness; the nations shall blessed by Him, and in Him they will glory.
And still not what the OP is about.

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Where did I ever say that?
"how-many-gentiles-and-samaritans-could-have-been-saved-if-jesus-would-have-sent-some-disciples-there"
I agree. But that’s not what the OP is about.
Read it slow this time.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Read it slow this time.

Read it at whatever speed helps.

These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 10:5-6

So here we have Jesus deliberately telling His disciples to not go to the Gentiles nor the Samaritans. How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Read it at whatever speed helps.
These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 10:5-6

So here we have Jesus deliberately telling His disciples to not go to the Gentiles nor the Samaritans. How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?
So here we have Jesus instructing His disciples that the word of God should be declared first to the Jews ...

For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.​
—Matthew 10:23​

And then to the Samaritans and Gentiles. For the same Lord is Lord of all.

The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted. This news made all the believers very glad. Acts 15:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So here we have Jesus instructing His disciples that the word of God should be declared first to the Jews ...

For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.​
—Matthew 10:23​

And then to the Samaritans and Gentiles. For the same Lord is Lord of all.

The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted. This news made all the believers very glad. Acts 15:3
How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's purposeful intention was to deliver the message and give the responsiblity to Abimelech to make the right decision.
Good Day, Zodiar

Gods take responsibility in stopping him from sinning against him.

Gen 20:6 Then God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know that you have done this in the integrity of your heart, and it was I who kept you from sinning against me. Therefore I did not let you touch her.

Are you suggesting that Abimelech could have done other wise and sinned against God?

In Him

Bill

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
"When you receive the promised Holy Spirit, you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
As indicated in Scripture, Phillip, Peter and John were indeed sent to evangelize in the regions of Samaria.

How many were saved? That's elementary, "They were astonished because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also."
Now He who establishes us together in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit; Acts 10:45, 2 Cor 1:20-22

Inhabitants of Samaria—If you will not believe [trust in God and His message], be assured that you will not be established, nor will you endure.” Isaiah 7:9

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,060.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good Day, Zodiar

Gods take responsibility in stopping him from sinning against him.

Gen 20:6 Then God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know that you have done this in the integrity of your heart, and it was I who kept you from sinning against me. Therefore I did not let you touch her.

Are you suggesting that Abimelech could have done other wise and sinned against God?

In Him

Bill
Yes he could, but God knew he wouldn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"When you receive the promised Holy Spirit, you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

As indicated in Scripture, Phillip, Peter and John were indeed sent to evangelize in the regions of Samaria.

How many were saved? That's elementary, "They were astonished because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also."
Now He who establishes us together in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit; Acts 10:45, 2 Cor 1:20-22

Inhabitants of Samaria—If you will not believe [trust in God and His message], be assured that you will not be established, nor will you endure.” Isaiah 7:9
I’ll give this one more chance. It appears that despite my best efforts, you aren’t understanding the OP.
— Matthew 10:5-6
Here is the context. During Jesus’ ministry on earth, He sent disciples out to proclaim the kingdom. However, He gave instructions to avoid certain areas, the cities of the Samaritans, and the Gentiles. Keep in mind, I am only talking about this instance. I am not discussing any other timeframe, either past or future to this moment. Now, keep that in mind when you read the following, because the context is key to the OP.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Since this thread has withered, try my new one. :)

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Dah'veed said:

I’ll give this one more chance. It appears that despite my best efforts, you aren’t understanding the OP.

Here is the context. During Jesus’ ministry on earth, He sent disciples out to proclaim the kingdom. However, He gave instructions to avoid certain areas, the cities of the Samaritans, and the Gentiles. Keep in mind, I am only talking about this instance. I am not discussing any other timeframe, either past or future to this moment. Now, keep that in mind when you read the following, because the context is key to the OP.
God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted the Gentiles by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. Acts 15:7-9

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God, who is not willing that any would perish, gives opportunity for all, while the way is still narrow. Salvation will necessarily involve the faith with repentance, to come to God as Christ made possible. No one was lacking opportunity. Those willing to go that narrow way were brought to it.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God, who is not willing that any would perish, gives opportunity for all, while the way is still narrow. Salvation will necessarily involve the faith with repentance, to come to God as Christ made possible. No one was lacking opportunity. Those willing to go that narrow way were brought to it.

Agreed!

A man is not saved against his will, but he is made willing by the operation of the Holy Ghost. A mighty grace which he does not wish to resist enters into the man, disarms him, makes a new creature of him, and he is saved." - C.H Spurgeon

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.