How many Christians will still vote for Trump?

As a Christian can you still vote for Trump

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Republican candidate is a crass man devoid of manners.

"For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." (2 Timothy 3:2-5)

If you think Trump (and the modern Republican party which cheers him on) even remotely fits Biblical principles I suggest you read your Bible again...

The Republican Party supports Pro Life. Does not stand for supporting LGBT, same sex marriage, just to mane a few Biblical principals.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What was Franklin Graham's point in post #111?

His point was mistaken, because he believes that Trump will not also be devastating for the US long-term.

I listen to the Bible before I listen to Franklin Graham, but if you want more prosaic advice...never vote for a man you would not be happy with as a son in law, nor a woman you would not be happy with as a daughter in law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Republican Party supports Pro Life. Does not stand for supporting LGBT, same sex marriage, just to mane a few Biblical principals.

So you'll vote for a man who is a sexual degenerate, a greedy lover of mammon, a downright vulgar and foulmouthed example your grandparents would have hated, and who has been divorced and remarried HOW many times?

Gay 'marriage' is not going to be overturned by the Republicans.
Nor is no-fault divorce.

Reactions: Vylo
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His point was mistaken, because he believes that Trump will not also be devastating for the US long-term.

I listen to the Bible before I listen to Franklin Graham, but if you want more prosaic advice...never vote for a man you would be happy with as a son in law, nor a woman you would not be happy with as a daughter in law.

Well I guess that fits this year.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you! I waited 30 years after I got out of the Navy before anyone thanked me for my service. I was awe struck and cried, I never really appreciated a thank you like that one. Many older vets have never heard that especially the Korean and WW2 vets.

i regret that sir. KNOW that you and ALL of our selfless ones who sacrificed so much, some no longer with us, will NEVER, EVER be forgotten nor tossed aside, nor disrespected, nor ever discounted.

i salute you and i stand-in for the country that you so valiantly fought for and i salute you and all of our brave ones on behalf of my nationand yours. We owe you so much, sir.

God bless you.

animated-American-flag.gif

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I listen to the Bible before I listen to Franklin Graham, but if you want more prosaic advice...never vote for a man you would be happy with as a son in law, nor a woman you would not be happy with as a daughter in law.
In other words, you're not voting for president this year?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
What was Franklin Graham's point in post #111?

His point was about the supreme court.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In other words, you're not voting for president this year?

I'm not American. I'm English.

I don't get a vote on which of them will make a mess of the world.

I am though getting an insight into how people can be lead astray because their hatred of one monster blinds them to another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
His point was about the supreme court.

Yes, I know.

Do you really believe that the surpreme court are going to repeal:
* Roe vrs Wade
* No-fault Divorce
* Gay "marriage"

If you vote for someone it gives them your support.

OK, then consider the question to be hypothetical.

I would not vote.

There is no value in choosing one ungodly candidate over another. There is however great value in not supporting either.

In practice, both will make America even more degenerate than it is, but you should not stand with them whilst they do it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As I look at the poll question presented on this thread, I wonder how to assess the meaning of "still" voting for Trump. It looks as though folks who never were intending to vote for him will answer "no," just as well as those who might have changed their minds lately.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I know.

Do you really believe that the surpreme court are going to repeal:
* Roe vrs Wade
* No-fault Divorce
* Gay "marriage"

If you vote for someone it gives them your support.

I would not vote.

There is no value in choosing one ungodly candidate over another. There is however great value in not supporting either.

In practice, both will make America even more degenerate than it is, but you should not stand with them whilst they do it.

You have my sympathy.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would not vote.
Fair enough. But you'd still get to complain after the election is over about how awful the victor is.

That's the way these things usually work and why I am not warm towards people who get on some high horse and say that they're too moral to cast a vote at election time (present company excluded, of course).

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fair enough. But you'd still get to complain after the election is over about how awful the victor is.

That's the way these things usually work and why I am not warm towards people who get on some high horse and say that they're too moral to cast a vote at election time (present company excluded, of course).

LOL!

i agree.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So will you when Trump makes a pigs-ear of your country. ;)

That's kind of ironic and high horsey yourself...

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So are we supposed to believe main stream media then?
Nope, check things out for yourself....there is plenty of info available on both candidates and their parties. However, if all a person does is listen to msnbc ( or insert name) and excludes those things that don't agree with what they say then you end up with tunnel vision.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So will you when Trump makes a pigs-ear of your country. ;)
I assume that that would be something bad, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the huffing and puffing of people at this point in time for whom all of this is strictly academic doesn't really influence me to vote the way they think I ought.

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! I waited 30 years after I got out of the Navy before anyone thanked me for my service. I was awe struck and cried, I never really appreciated a thank you like that one. Many older vets have never heard that especially the Korean and WW2 vets.
No British serviceman or woman [vets] ever got or get thanked for his or her service because they feel it's their duty and it's also something they were proud to do.

Upvote 0