How many Christians will still vote for Trump?

As a Christian can you still vote for Trump

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Is that supposed to impress me? I've already read other out-of-control posters here call him Hitler, Mussolini, the anti-Christ...and you think that I'm seriously going to think twice about something as lame as this??

I have said that his tactics remind me of 1930s fascists. That make me out of control?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have said that his tactics remind me of 1930s fascists. That make me out of control?
Perhaps not. Would "completely unfamiliar with the facts of history" sit better with you? I agree that it is possible to be just terribly misinformed, but also, I commented on a different paragraph that was posted here and you were not the author of it.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,451.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Trump was 60 years old when he said it so it wasn't "locker room" talk, the man is an idiot and an embarrassment to America.
The rest of the world does not understand why Trump is allowed to be in the position he is in, thick as a plank and trying to be the next president, what kind of people would vote for a misfit like him?
Who in the world would vote for a hypocrite and rotten person like like Clinton? Only those without a sense of morality or perhaps those with a bit of hypocrisy is them.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps not. Would "completely unfamiliar with the facts of history" sit better with you? I agree that it is possible to be just terribly misinformed, but also, I commented on a different paragraph that was posted here and you were not the author of it.

If you can't see the similarities, I'd say your assessment applies to your more than it applies to me. A nationalistic populist standing in front of people finding ways to blame others for the problems of the nation seems pretty similar to me.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you can't see the similarities, I'd say your assessment applies to your more than it applies to me.
Of course you are going to say that rather than admit that you were off base. It's not a surprise. And if what you said here is really your idea of what Fascism is, I feel sorry for you more than anything else.

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Of course you are going to say that rather than admit that you were off base. It's not a surprise. And if what you said here is really your idea of what Fascism is, I feel sorry for you more than anything else.

"tactics remind me of 1930s fascists" does not equal what my idea of fascism is. Please attempt to correctly read my statements in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you can't see the similarities, I'd say your assessment applies to your more than it applies to me. A nationalistic populist standing in front of people finding ways to blame others for the problems of the nation seems pretty similar to me.

George Wallace?

Reactions: LoAmmi
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She would not do as much damage to the US in her first term as Trump would do in the first month.

I don't know about that. I do know Putin said publicly that if Hillary is elected POTUS there's gong to be a WAR between Russia and the United States. I don't know about you, but I'm not that big a fan of dying in a nuclear fireball as the result of a presidential election.

Putin appears to be in favor of The Donald, and although Putin can't actually vote in the election, it must be admitted he does have a lot of nuclear weapons.

I've also noticed this very visceral and heated thread could use a bit of levity now and then. If we're all going to die in a nuclear holocaust anyway, I can't see why we can't laugh about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Might want to stop accusing me of spreading hate filled propaganda when I point out what it says.

You might want to have a look in the mirror before you start quoting 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know about that. I do know Putin said publicly that if Hillary is elected POTUS there's gong to be a WAR between Russia and the United States. I don't know about you, but I'm not that big a fan of dying in a nuclear fireball as the result of a presidential election.

Putin appears to be in favor of The Donald, and although Putin can't actually vote in the election, it must be admitted he does have a lot of nuclear weapons.

I've also noticed this very visceral and heated thread could use a bit of levity now and then. If we're all going to die in a nuclear holocaust anyway, I can't see why we can't laugh about it.

LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

What!?! Where on earth did you hear this nonsense?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For the sake of argument, let's say Putin did say that (citation?).

Are you, as an American, willing to be so easily swayed by the words of a Russian leader? Russia, The Soviet Union has had a LOT of nuclear weapons pointed at us for the last 60 years or so. Quite few Soviet leaders made threatening statements against the United States.

...why the cold feet now?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
CNN interviewed an evangelical minister who lamented that the leadership of that segment of the Protestant Church have "hitched their wagon" to Trump's political fortunes.

If moral integrity is an essential for living a Christian life, what are the consequences of supporting the political aspirations of a presidential candidate whose moral compass leaves much to be desired.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Are you, as an American, willing to be so easily swayed by the words of a Russian leader? Russia, The Soviet Union has had a LOT of nuclear weapons pointed at us for the last 60 years or so. Quite few Soviet leaders made threatening statements against the United States.

Clinton has called for a no-fly zone in Syria in the last debate. That means air strikes against Syrian forces, and probably a military confrontation with Russia.

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because he knows a president Trump would be a pushover and a complete washout and would bring the US to it's knees.
That BTW is why it's not going to happen.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
PppoAkI.png

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The fact that Trump is even in the race will cause the powers in America to realise that keeping half the population of the US uneducated was not such a good idea after all.
An Ignorant population allows people like Trump to rise to the top.

• Agree
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0