How many Christians will still vote for Trump?

As a Christian can you still vote for Trump

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Soooooo...a "Christian" doesn't vote?

Well, democracy is ungodly in a non-Christian nation because it favours the majority when scripture tells us that only a "few" ever find the strait gate or the narrow way.

It can work in a church or a small and godly community, but on a national level all that it will do is favour the ungodly.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, democracy is ungodly in a non-Christian nation because it favours the majority when scripture tells us that only a "few" ever find the strait gate or the narrow way.

It can work in a church or a small and godly community, but on a national level all that it will do is favour the ungodly.

Are we speaking of the "church" or the "government"?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Many Christians don't. And they are no less saved and serving the Lord if they don't. :wave:
tulc(or if they do vote for that matter) :D

LOL!

i hear ya' and respect your right to say so, but i do not necessarily agree totally with it. Perhaps it depends on the circumstances.

:D

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are we speaking of the "church" or the "government"?

Well, as we know that only a "few" will ever find the stait gate we know that its really only possible for a small society to self-govern with democracy (because a "few" can only at most ever be a small society).

So it is theoretically possible for a small self-governing society (not simply a church) to form.

A large one though is never going to be majority godly (as majority and "few" are opposite each other on a large scale) meaning that supporting democracy in a large society is pretty much siding with the ungodly and lending them your support - which we really should not be doing as Christians.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
uhmmm...your poll didn't mention being happy, it asked can someone be a Christian and vote for Mr. Trump. the answer to that is yes. If our goal was to be happy I suspect that would be a different thread. :wave:
Ya gotta move the goalposts if you are not getting the responses you expected......

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
How do you feel about Trump now?

I'm Christian and I won't support Trump. But then he had already lost me when he attacked minorities, I can't support a racist, and Trump has a long and well documented history of racist behaviour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How can you say that? would Christians be happy voting for someone who has no morals?
Was Trump right when he said he could shoot someone and his followers would still vote for him?
Well, I plan to vote for Trump simply because I am NOT voting for Hillery and he is the only other remotely viable option. As for whether he was right I would say probably some of his hard core followers would vote for him no matter what. One thing about him he is about as frank as they come. I would rather have someone like that in office than someone who denies everything.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Neither Clinton nor Trump are remotely Godly candidates.

A Christian should not vote for either of them.
Well, I refuse to not vote and no one else is viable.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, as we know that only a "few" will ever find the stait gate we know that its really only possible for a small society to self-govern with democracy (because a "few" can only at most ever be a small society).

So it is theoretically possible for a small self-governing society (not simply a church) to form.

A large one though is never going to be majority godly (as majority and "few" are opposite each other on a large scale) meaning that supporting democracy in a large society is pretty much siding with the ungodly and lending them your support - which we really should not be doing as Christians.

Perhaps that is why one might want to be well-versed on the "issues", and of course praying for their country as well as the candidates.

It is written that it is God Who changes the heart of a leader and turns it whichever way He will, is it not?

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I refuse to not vote and no one else is viable.

It doesn't matter that no-one else is viable.

If you are sitting a maths test asking you what 2+2 equals, it doesn't matter if you say 5 or 55 both answers are wrong.

Neither of the candidates are remotely godly. It's a bizarre robotised mindset that says people must vote for at least one of them. :scratch::sigh:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Better yet, in the history of the US has there ever been such a candidate?

No there hasn't. God can, however, influence a leader according to God's purpose and will if He chooses.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

But in a secular nation or any secular group it is not always the case that we want to elect a Christian. For example, let us say and I wish the election was this way it is not. Let us say that we have a Christian and an atheist running for office. The Christian feels that religion should be in the public eye and should basically be pushed on people. This Christian has a history of NOT working with others of differing faiths to get things done. Meanwhile, the atheist has worked with varying faiths believes that riligion should be with the people and businesses whether than the government and gets things done. I am voting for that atheist. In a SECULAR society religion is not the end all be all when selecting our leaders.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I plan to vote for Trump simply because I am NOT voting for Hillery and he is the only other remotely viable option. As for whether he was right I would say probably some of his hard core followers would vote for him no matter what. One thing about him he is about as frank as they come. I would rather have someone like that in office than someone who denies everything.

i agree.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But in a secular nation or any secular group it is not always the case that we want to elect a Christian. For example, let us say and I wish the election was this way it is not. Let us say that we have a Christian and an atheist running for office. The Christian feels that religion should be in the public eye and should basically be pushed on people. This Christian has a history of NOT working with others of differing faiths to get things done. Meanwhile, the atheist has worked with varying faiths believes that riligion should be with the people and businesses whether than the government and gets things done. I am voting for that atheist. In a SECULAR society religion is not the end all be all when selecting our leaders.

As Christians we are not called to get behind the ungodly.

If an ungodly nation wishes to choose between two ungodly people let them get on with it, but do not give your support to either of them.

If you can see a godly candidate in this election I suggest you law off the mushrooms ;) and if you cannot then you should not be voting for either of them.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you still call yourself a Christian and vote for Trump? I suppose I'm asking what kind of a Christian would vote for Trump?
Hillary swore to tell the truth so help her God and then lied her head off covering up for the negligent homicide of four Americans she cared nothing about. She obstructed justice by destroying evidence under subpoena. After her husband raped women, she threatened them and trashed their reputations. She solicited charity funds for the needy and only paid out 5% while making herself wealthy.

Hillary is the most deplorable person ever to run for office and you're attacking Trump? Seriously???

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

i agree.

No insult to Jimmy Carter intended, but he was a "Christian" and he was abysmal as President.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm Christian and I won't support Trump. But then he had already lost me when he attacked minorities, I can't support a racist, and Trump has a long and well documented history of racist behaviour.
News flash: illegal aliens are not a protected minority.
Mexico is a separate country.
Nations have borders.
Hillary is a racist criminal who doesn't believe in borders, protecting Americans or or protecting our embassies.

Upvote 0