Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟42,187.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by TraderJack

Paul said, "Men of Athens, I can see that you are religious men, and even have a temple to an "unknown god". I am here to tell you who that unknown God is."

I give up, what about it?

Paul did not say: I can see that you are religious men, and even have a temple to an 'unknown god'. Well, how about I tell you about the real God. He said: I am here to tell you who THAT unknown God is. He is basically saying that their "unknown god" IS the Father, only they don't know anything about Him (hence: the "unknown" part), and Paul came to tell them that information, and lead them to salvation and a relationship with Him through Christ :)

About the whole debate we're having here....I leave things like this up to God...all I know is that Christ is the way to salvation, and Muslims don't know Christ, and God wants them to know Him...the Pope also wants them to know Him... they have a monotheistic religion, so that's a start, and whatever truth they have was given to them by God. Too bad the devil came in and mixed it with lies. Hopefully someday they'll see the fullness truth in Christ. But JPII just wanted to make some peace with them, and I dunno if you noticed but if you're fighting with someone they don't really want to listen to you about your faith :)

Also, I think that when I was a "general theist" I did believe in the real God, I just didn't know anything about Him or had a relationship with Him. Nor was I on my way to salvation. But, it's not like I believed in a demon or something. I believed in one God, a Creator of the world.

God bless

monica

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Sedevacantism, the religion for those more Catholic than the Pope.

They say they are true Catholics and you are heretics and counterfeits.

They and the SSPXers make valid points on the changes modernism has made to Romanism.

Maybe you should go check out Pope Michael. Here's right here in the U S of A.

Neat guy. Holds his papal audiences from a rocking chair on his front porch in Kansas. Humble fellow, not pretentious or arrogant at all like papal Rome.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...all I know is that Christ is the way to salvation, and Muslims don't know Christ, ..
That brings us to Christs' very words...
“You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.”

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
“You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.”
;)

Luke 16:24 And he sounding said: "Father Abraham! be you merciful to-me! and send Lazarus!, that he should be dipping the tip of the finger of him of water, and should be cooling down the tongue of me,--that I am being pained in the flame, this."

http://foru.ms/t4437955-lazarus-and-the-rich-man.html

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Those defending this stance, are you not familiar with BAAL????????????

Islam is apart of the Abrahamic faith, when they call on the name of Allah...they are addressing the God of Abraham, not Baal....which was a catch all name for different pagan dieties.

True, their theology as a whole is horrible preverted, but it's still the same God, which is Omnipotent, Ominsceint, and all merciful...etc. The same attributes of the Abrahamic God of the Jews and Christians.

When applied to a deity, the word Baal retained its connotation of ownership, and was, therefore, usually qualified. The documents speak, for instance, of the Baal of Tyre, of Harran, of Tarsus, of Herman, of Lebanon of Tamar (a river south of Beirut), of heaven. Moreover, several Baals enjoyed special attributions: there was a Baal of the Covenant (Bá`ál Berîth (Judges 8:33; 9:4); cf. 'El Berîth (ibid., ix, 46}; one of the flies (Bá`ál Zebub, 2 Kings 1:2, 3, 6, 16); there also probably was one of dance (Bá`ál Márqôd); perhaps one of medicine (Bá`ál Márphê), and so on. Among all the Semites, the word, under one form or another (Bá`ál in the West and South; Bel in Assyria; Bal, Bol, or Bel in Palmyra) constantly recurs to express the deity's lordship over the world or some part of it. Not were all the Baals -- of different tribes, places, sanctuaries -- necessarily conceived as identical; each one might have his own nature and his own name; the partly fish shaped Baal of Arvad was probably Dagon; the Baal of Lebanon, possible Cid "the hunter"; the Baal of Harran, the moongod; whereas in several Sabean Minaean cities, and in many Chanaanite, Phoenician, or Palmyrene shrines, the sun was the Baal worshipped, although Hadad seems to have been the chief Baal among the Syrians. The diversity of the Old Testament intimates by speaking of Baalim, in the plural, and specifying the singular Baal either by the article or by the addition of another word.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Baal, Baalim

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Islam is apart of the Abrahamic faith, when they call on the name of Allah...they are addressing the God of Abraham, not Baal....
True, their theology as a whole is horrible preverted, but it's still the same God, which is Omnipotent, Ominsceint, and all merciful...etc. The same attributes of the Abrahamic God of the Jews and Christians.
I responded to that in post #120.
Neither Judaism nor Islam read the book of Revelation so why is it not surprising to hear of the believes and views of the Christian Bible.

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Simon, they don't know have a full knowledge of God the Father....for that they would need Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, because He is the fullness of Truth....but the same could be said about the Jews. So by your logic the Jews would not have the same God as Christians, because they also reject the Trinity.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Simon, they don't know have a full knowledge of God the Father....for that they would need Jesus, the second person of the Trinity....but the same could be said about the Jews. So by your logic the Jews would not have the same God as Christians, because they also reject the Trinity.
Even the Muslims try to bring the Jews to Jesus. :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PassthePeace1 again

http://foru.ms/t3006763-why-jews-cannot-accept-isa-pbuh-as-a-prophet.html

Having read some of the strongest criticism of the prophecies of Jesus in the OT (from Jews in this CF), I would like to know why Jews cannot accept Isa (pbuh) since the Quran says:

1. Isa (pbuh) never claimed to be God, or Son of God, but asked the Jews to pray to the One God that Jews are praying now

2. Isa (pbuh) asks the Jews to follow the Torah and the Injil, hence a continuation of the revelations from God

3. Isa (pbuh) was not crucified and hence was not accursed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even the Muslims try to bring the Jews to Jesus. :)

http://christianforums.com/t3006763-why-jews-cannot-accept-isa-pbuh-as-a-prophet.html

Having read some of the strongest criticism of the prophecies of Jesus in the OT (from Jews in this CF), I would like to know why Jews cannot accept Isa (pbuh) since the Quran says:

1. Isa (pbuh) never claimed to be God, or Son of God, but asked the Jews to pray to the One God that Jews are praying now

2. Isa (pbuh) asks the Jews to follow the Torah and the Injil, hence a continuation of the revelations from God

3. Isa (pbuh) was not crucified and hence was not accursed

Well, I think you knew what I meant..:)

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simon, they don't know have a full knowledge of God the Father....for that they would need Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, because He is the fullness of Truth....but the same could be said about the Jews. So by your logic the Jews would not have the same God as Christians, because they also reject the Trinity.
So now it seems you are debating Christs' very words...again.

The Jews have been blinded to the truth Romans 11:25 says this...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yep. We keep hearing that :)

Romans 11:25 For not I am willing ye to being ignorant/agnoein <50> brothers of the mystery,this, that no ye may be beside yourselves wise. That a callousness/hardening/pwrwsiV <4457> from part/acriV <891> to-the Israel has become until which the filling/plhrwma <4138> of-the Nations may be entering;

2 Corin 3:14 But was calloused the minds of them. For until the today day, the same covering/kalumma <2571> upon the reading of the Old Covenant is remaining, no being up-covered/anakaluptomenon <343> (5746). That In Christ it is being-taken-away/katargeitai <2673> (5743).

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

How so? And what is this "again"?

For the sake of the point I was making, it doesn't matter why the Jews don't accept Jesus as the Messiah.....the point is they don't.

Do you see the God of the Jews, different than Christians....because they don't know Jesus?

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟42,187.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
&#8220;You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.&#8221;

They don't KNOW Him, they need Christ for that, but they still worship 'one God'...there is but one God. Of course no one is saying that they know Him or have a relationship with Him or that Islam can save people. You're misunderstanding brother :)

Peace

monica

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They don't KNOW Him, they need Christ for that, but they still worship 'one God'...there is but one God. Of course no one is saying that they know Him or have a relationship with Him or that Islam can save people. You're misunderstanding brother :)

Peace

monica

I've already stated my view--that calling two different beings by the same name doesn't mean we are talking about the same person.

That aside, I think you've missed something. Merely being a monotheist doesn't equate to all these religions worshipping the SAME one god.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
[/color]

How so? And what is this "again"?

For the sake of the point I was making, it doesn't matter why the Jews don't accept Jesus as the Messiah.....the point is they don't.

Do you see the God of the Jews, different than Christians....because they don't know Jesus?
I would say the Muslims and Jews somehow got preached a different Gospel. :eek:

Galation 1:6 I am marveling that thus swiftly ye are being changed/translated from the calling of ye into a different Good-Message.7 which is not another if no any are the ones disturbing ye and willing to pervert the Good-Message of the Christ.8 But even ifever we, or a messenger out of heaven, should be messaging to ye beside which we well-messagizing to ye, anathema/anaqema <331> let him be.9 As we have declared before and at present again, I am saying if any is well-messagizing beside which ye beside got, anathema/anaqema <331> let him be.

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Islam is apart of the Abrahamic faith, when they call on the name of Allah...they are addressing the God of Abraham

Wrong!

The God of Abraham is the God of the Bible and historic Christian faith, Triune, with Christ being the Second Person, the Son of God.

The God of Abraham is categorically denied by Islam.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've already stated my view--that calling two different beings by the same name doesn't mean we are talking about the same person.

That aside, I think you've missed something. Merely being a monotheist doesn't equate to all these religions worshipping the SAME one god.
Exactly Albion!

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

That program does not compute, previous programming too deeply imbedded with strong firewall to be overidden by corrective software.;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.