• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How is it like to NOT be a figure in the bible once and for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pretty good. I've reached such a level of apparent sanity now, thanks to the people here, that for the first time in two years I don't even think I'm affiliated with biblical prophecy or islamic prophecy or whatever. Is it premature to say I'm cured? Probably but there is nothing like seeing yourself in the mirror to rid yourself of illusory thinking. I read about stories about people like myself here and spoke to you and realized, you know? There is nothing special at all what happened to me. I finally spoke to a priest and he told me this has all been experienced before, he calls it spiritual warfare. I agree. It is entirely the devil trying to get attention and nothing more. He doesn't know how much destruction he is doing to his cause however and even reading this won't make him learn. Looking forward to my prayers of his eventual destruction and removal from influence being answered (as prophecy already confirms it will!!!)He is still trying to convince me I'm some kind of prophet, sure, but he's being ignored. When a schizo knows what not to pay attention to, the disease is no longer anything more than a nuissance. That is the key to the cure. And shrinks are way off with simple medication. I've been medicated into oblivion and it did nothing. Let us not forget the impact of prayers as well, it all goes hand in hand. Prayer for each other, sharing of experiences (since we DO know what is nuts in other people but not in us)
and just in general encouragement can kill a delusion. I'm convinced. I never thought I'd get over mine...

Echetus

Aug 21, 2008
✟731.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Good, your faith is healing you. I think now you have the strength to squash them out. When you wake up, say a prayer for the strength to fight it. And when it happens pay no attention to it. Like you said, its the devil trying to get attention, dont give him that attention! As soon as it happens pay no attention to it. look the other way and clear your mind. I have been and will continue to pray for you. This forum is making me realize the power of prayer.

Upvote 0

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Indeed I still am crazy, my madness has just taken on a new form. I have become a fool for christ, a madman with a mission. One who though totally unsuccessful attempts repeatedly to bring others to christ's fold. Watch me as I fail and repeat, it is insanity if you go by that much touted definition of repeating the same thing over and over with no results but I have faith, someone will turn, someone special, no doubt. We are all special but a terrible sinner turned saint is a major victory for the triune God. May the Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Soondak

Jan 27, 2009
✟7,722.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I used to be insane still can fall in to traps. so I know that
You have grown in leaps and bounds if you know you have this problem.
remember God can heal ANYTHING and
Prayer is candy :0)
wait much better than candy
just great stuff.
Prayer is sweet tasting medicine for the soul and I am and will be praying for you.
in Christ Jesus amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.