London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My name is Bethany and am 37. I first found out I was a true Christian when I was 15 and had a near death experience. Before that I had gone to youth groups and church camp but that was the defining experience then. You can’t wake up in intensive care on life support, with people worried you weren’t going to make it, and a million and one cards around you to find that people have been praying without realising how it happened. It took 8 years to stop nightmares where I was trapped and could only hear the beeping of an ICU machine. But yes, 1995, I had been out for a month and the Pastor from the Evangelist church where my youth club was had visited weekly with my friends. Family had been flying in from everywhere, someone in my class at school had recorded the voices of all my mates onto a tape for me and there were at least 200 cards around my bed. God was there in my worst of times, when it looked like I would be leaving life he showed me how to soldier on. Did it change me? Yes, does it confuse me? Oh yeah. I hope it has made me a better person. I have certainly wrestled with God a lot through the years and for a time I turned my back to try paganism but I found myself eventually back in the fold again. My Minister calls me a reborn but is that right? I guess so but not in the way that many have been. I think it has provide me with a lot of love to send out and nourish others with if am honest. Life is scary, it doesn’t make sense but we still go through things. If you feel like letting go find somewhere to be with your thoughts and let it out to the big guy.

I have autoimmune haemolytic anaemia, ITP, Primary immunodeficiency and pan-hypopituitarism, half which no one knew about till 15 but had been there all along. There isn’t another like me but I would much rather fit in with others than stand out as unique. People say am brave for carrying on but really I am just doing same as everyone else every day, the word brave for it is so frustrating.

I guess I know God well, he has been there when I was deeply depressed and when I am happy. Do I dedicate everything to him? As much as I possibly can and I wish I could do more.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My name is Bethany and am 37. I first found out I was a true Christian when I was 15 and had a near death experience. Before that I had gone to youth groups and church camp but that was the defining experience then. You can’t wake up in intensive care on life support, with people worried you weren’t going to make it, and a million and one cards around you to find that people have been praying without realising how it happened. It took 8 years to stop nightmares where I was trapped and could only hear the beeping of an ICU machine. But yes, 1995, I had been out for a month and the Pastor from the Evangelist church where my youth club was had visited weekly with my friends. Family had been flying in from everywhere, someone in my class at school had recorded the voices of all my mates onto a tape for me and there were at least 200 cards around my bed. God was there in my worst of times, when it looked like I would be leaving life he showed me how to soldier on. Did it change me? Yes, does it confuse me? Oh yeah. I hope it has made me a better person. I have certainly wrestled with God a lot through the years and for a time I turned my back to try paganism but I found myself eventually back in the fold again. My Minister calls me a reborn but is that right? I guess so but not in the way that many have been. I think it has provide me with a lot of love to send out and nourish others with if am honest. Life is scary, it doesn’t make sense but we still go through things. If you feel like letting go find somewhere to be with your thoughts and let it out to the big guy.

I have autoimmune haemolytic anaemia, ITP, Primary immunodeficiency and pan-hypopituitarism, half which no one knew about till 15 but had been there all along. There isn’t another like me but I would much rather fit in with others than stand out as unique. People say am brave for carrying on but really I am just doing same as everyone else every day, the word brave for it is so frustrating.

I guess I know God well, he has been there when I was deeply depressed and when I am happy. Do I dedicate everything to him? As much as I possibly can and I wish I could do more.
Wonderful testimony Bethany. God bless you sis :).

• Friendly
Reactions: Bethany35
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That was beautiful angel, thanks for sharing so much. I was so miserable and depressed when I came to Christ, loved the book of Job and the Psalms. Joni Eareckson Tada wrote a book about her experiences, finding herself a full paraplegic. I read her book early on in my Christian walk and will never forget hearing her testimony on tape. The question of why some good people suffer in this life is perhaps unanswerable but whether we are well or ill, God can guide us through the storm.

Grace and peace,
Mark

• Friendly
Reactions: Bethany35
Upvote 0