May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sorry, but you are dead wrong there, Halo.

Erm.. no Im not. (back and forth we go!)

I would like to suggest you get the audio story on DVD by John Bevere, called "Affabel". It is a tremendous account of Judgment Day.

Im extremely sceptical of the charismatic/pentecostal movement that Mr.Bevere is part of, I feel the books etc published seem to increasingly be used as a form of spiritual manipulation. No offense to yourself there of course FA it's just my personal stance.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[/b]

Erm.. no Im not. (back and forth we go!)

As you reject the truth of the Word of God, you can only use excuses to position yourself. God sees through that.

Im extremely sceptical of the charismatic/pentecostal movement that Mr.Bevere is part of, I feel the books etc published seem to increasingly be used as a form of spiritual manipulation. No offense to yourself there of course FA it's just my personal stance.

Of course you are! Biblically-based works are a terror, aren't they?

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you now say that the Holy scriptures are false? Please use Scripture to prove my point false. It's true--you can bank on it.

Except in your personal morality code at variance with God's. It doesn't matter whether or not you believe it. God's word is true and is our authority. We don't have the luxury of rejecting Him and still retain the knowledge of God and His blessing. Rejection of His truth brings judgment...all scriptural.

Living in a fantasyland of your own making is not taking a person to reward.

This may come as a shock to you, Floatingaxe, but NONE of what you say above can be verified. You can refer to 'the Holy scriptures', 'God's word', 'His truth', etc. etc. but you CANNOT prove that the Bible is any more than the words of men. You ask someone to use the scriptures to PROVE that the scriptures are the truth or false ...now, if that isn't circular reasoning I don't know what is. Do you not realize how silly that is?

I'm not saying that the Bible is not the word of God but I'm not saying that it is either. I just DON'T KNOW whether it's the word of God and neither do you. All I DO know is that God sure didn't write the Bible and there is absolutely no way YOU can prove that He did. At the end of the day all of your scriptural rant is really quite useless and even annoying to some people who don't rely simply on blind faith as you do. They require hard evidence. This does not make them bad people. Understand?

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed.

I'm constantly tired of people claiming the love my partner and I share of being "evil" and "corrupt" and the like too. It's extremely offensive, rude and downright hateful if im honest with you, I wouldnt cuss down anyone elses relationship and It's beyond me how anyone dare think they have the right to do it to mine.

I love my partner far more than I would be capable of loving a guy. She means the world to me and I'd happily give my life for her. We are infinately compatible and I can never and will never see any reason our relationship is wrong when we are commited together for life.

The gospel is offensive to the world.

Upvote 0

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No, I am proclaiming the Gospel, your antinomism notwithstanding.

I am no antinomian. I recognize the proper use of the Law and its distinction from the Gospel. The Law condemns. The Gospel liberates. Which are you doing?

Also, if we're going to charge one another with various heresies, what's up with the quote from Arius?

Reactions: MsVicki
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BigBadWlf

In can read the Greek, I am well read on the topic, and homoeroticism is condemned in no uncertain terms. That is a fact, and it is not going away because it makes liberals pout.
So the reason scholars translated arsenokoites as ‘masturbation’ for centuries was because they went as smart as you?

It is not a source of pride or shame. I was simply reporting the results of the quiz.
and just like scoreing as a racist...it is nothing to take pride in

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

Indeed, the way to heaven is a narrow road!
If any one says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Ive reponded to this verse so many times till im blue in the face. Homosexual = 20th century word, not possible for it to be a word used in the Bible, especially when previous non 20th century editions indicated mastabation as the sin here.
It is very sad that in order to embrace and glorify prejudice so many people have to reject the truth

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a Muslim. I happily agree that the Muslim faith is mislead, and has it wrong about some fairly major aspects of God. However, their faith is still worshipping the same God that we Christians worship, however misguided and mistaken in the specifics of that worship they may be. Similar to Judaism... we Christians don't believe that the Jews are correct about a great many things (they deny the Son as well, for example) yet I don't think you'll find many Christians who claim that the Judaic God is not the Christian one.

We all trace our religions back to Abraham, how can we be worshipping different Gods, unless abraham was actually a polytheist?

as I said, Allah is literally the word that Arabic speaking Christians use when they pray.

Obviously we disagree on this one. I have spoken to many Muslims and Many Eastern Christians about this and without fail they all claim that while the word may be the same, they do not worship the same God.

As for loving our neighbor I'm not sure what the definition of homophobia is, so I obviously cannot comment but the point I was making was even if I disagree with you, which we have established I do, I still have the privilege of loving you. Indeed not only privilege, but responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If any one says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20

May I ask what you find is unloving? Surely disagreeing with you cannot be construed as unloving can it?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hypocrite? Right. Pentagram speaks volumes.
Que?

Anyhoo...I have spoken no error regarding Christianity.
This entire thread seems to be devoted to people showing you your error. That you can hold your fingers in your ears for so long is staggering. I'd be impressed, if it weren't so childish.

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This entire thread seems to be devoted to people showing you your error. That you can hold your fingers in your ears for so long is staggering. I'd be impressed, if it weren't so childish.

You do not apprehend the true nature of Christianity, so you do not rightly perceive where the error lies.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,118.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Oh, I'm afraid they do actually Brennin.

But onwards, the word 'Homosexual' was not coined until the 1820s so it could NOT have been used as a translation of 'Arsenkoites.' It was translated as 'Abusers of themselves', ie masturbation. As for your references Brennin, what were they and are they peer-reviewed?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.