• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How have you done with a terminal diagnoses ?

Cory91

Jun 8, 2020
Blueridge
✟10,049.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal lung cancer , it affects my heart a tumour is in and particularly blocking it , I was originally given 3 months I have almost made it two years , thanks only to Gods grace and mercy , but I struggle with anxiety especially when new symptoms show up I am scared of dying I know I should not be , I pray for Christ to fill Me with his peace And love in believing that I might abound in hope by the power of the holy spirt , I wish my faith was stronger, I just wanted to see how others are coping? What they do when fear shows up ?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal lung cancer , it affects my heart a tumour is in and particularly blocking it , I was originally given 3 months I have almost made it two years , thanks only to Gods grace and mercy , but I struggle with anxiety especially when new symptoms show up I am scared of dying I know I should not be , I pray for Christ to fill Me with his peace And love in believing that I might abound in hope by the power of the holy spirt , I wish my faith was stronger, I just wanted to see how others are coping? What they do when fear shows up ?

Forgive me if this is not helpful.

I was told I had cancer in the kidney, classified as a bosniak 3, they wanted to wip it out immediately, it was quite a shock as I have been rather spritely for my age and very healthy.

I am a great believer in prayer, I resisted the op and got as much prayer as possible. I chose meantime to have regular scans - that was 5 years ago and the cyst has shrunk and is a non event.

I am 74 and think about death as a journey - with angels on either side of me.

I prayed for a lady last year who had serious cancer in the thyroid and she was fully healed in days. I have the medical reports to prove this posted here.
Speaking In Tongues Post #120

He is the Boss - not cancer or anything else - our days are numbered and He makes no mistakes - It is miles better there than here anyway. In fact it is harder down here when someone makes the journey - I learned that when I spoke at the funeral my brother who died of a massive asthma attack at 52.

I have prayed for you for fresh faith.

Upvote 0

Cory91

Jun 8, 2020
Blueridge
✟10,049.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me if this is not helpful.

I was told I had cancer in the kidney, classified as a bosniak 3, they wanted to wip it out immediately, it was quite a shock as I have been rather spritely for my age and very healthy.

I am a great believer in prayer, I resisted the op and got as much prayer as possible. I chose meantime to have regular scans - that was 5 years ago and the cyst has shrunk and is a non event.

I am 74 and think about death as a journey - with angels on either side of me.

I prayed for a lady last year who had serious cancer in the thyroid and she was fully healed in days. I have the medical reports to prove this posted here.
Speaking In Tongues Post #120

He is the Boss - not cancer or anything else - our days are numbered and He makes no mistakes - It is miles better there than here anyway. In fact it is harder down here when someone makes the journey - I learned that when I spoke at the funeral my brother who died of a massive asthma attack at 52.

I have prayed for you for fresh faith.
Thank you I do appreciate all the prayers I can get !

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please understand that death in Christ looses its sting. Heaven is a beautiful place where complete Oneness rules our Home in every Way.

To be frightened of the manner of our death is something we all have to fight. To face death as you do, not all people get that chance. Honest to be faced with death brings the need to be up to scratch faith wise. A lot of people don't busy themselves seeking out Christ in their daily life and just live life as it was in a daze. You on the other hand know that death is close, i'm sure that satan has tried to undermine your faith and make you scared of God.

The best way to deal with fear is to go in prayer to Jesus the fearful one and tell Him, why you are scared and what you are scared for, and ask Him of His ability to face death graciously and give your inability to do to Him.

The same with you the faithless one, during those times when you have no faith, call out to God and ask for some, admitting that you have not kept faith but are short of it. Faith in God's love is a gift from above to all those who dare to trust Him to give them what they need when they need it. Without a doubt Jesus is The Best Friend you could ever find for He forgives us our falls and lifts us out and sets us back on our feet.

Honest it is amazing what happens when we let the love of Jesus into our fallen self and learn to love and trust Him nevertheless. God's love casts out fear and brings us an eager longing instead. He has taken my fear for death completely away. Indeed in some weird way i'm envious of your position.

The best is to eat His grace each time you fall in spirituality where you have not been saved from wrong yet. Please do understand that going to Jesus when you get stuck with faithless or fearful heart will set you free - time and again. Simply keep eating His grace and go to Him and trade Him your stained life with His unstained life and simply keep doing that until your New life brings forth good fruits. The more of His love you get into you this way the quicker fear will be cast out.

Be of good courage.

• Prayers
Reactions: Cory91
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before our Lord Jesus Christ was put on the cross, what did our Lord do?

He prayed. So I believe prayer is important thing to do when facing death.

what do the Lord pray ? It is about surrendering to the Heavenly Father’s will.

Just pray a short prayer:
Heavenly Father,
Grant me the strength to surrender my will to Yours, always.
Grant me the strength to commit my will to Yours, always.
Thank for Your blessings that You chasten me whom You love and prepare me for heavenly glory.
I love you.
Grant me the strength to live for Your glory. Amen

Reactions: Cory91
Upvote 0

Cory91

Jun 8, 2020
Blueridge
✟10,049.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please understand that death in Christ looses its sting. Heaven is a beautiful place where complete Oneness rules our Home in every Way.

To be frightened of the manner of our death is something we all have to fight. To face death as you do, not all people get that chance. Honest to be faced with death brings the need to be up to scratch faith wise. A lot of people don't busy themselves seeking out Christ in their daily life and just live life as it was in a daze. You on the other hand know that death is close, i'm sure that satan has tried to undermine your faith and make you scared of God.

The best way to deal with fear is to go in prayer to Jesus the fearful one and tell Him, why you are scared and what you are scared for, and ask Him of His ability to face death graciously and give your inability to do to Him.

The same with you the faithless one, during those times when you have no faith, call out to God and ask for some, admitting that you have not kept faith but are short of it. Faith in God's love is a gift from above to all those who dare to trust Him to give them what they need when they need it. Without a doubt Jesus is The Best Friend you could ever find for He forgives us our falls and lifts us out and sets us back on our feet.

Honest it is amazing what happens when we let the love of Jesus into our fallen self and learn to love and trust Him nevertheless. God's love casts out fear and brings us an eager longing instead. He has taken my fear for death completely away. Indeed in some weird way i'm envious of your position.

The best is to eat His grace each time you fall in spirituality where you have not been saved from wrong yet. Please do understand that going to Jesus when you get stuck with faithless or fearful heart will set you free - time and again. Simply keep eating His grace and go to Him and trade Him your stained life with His unstained life and simply keep doing that until your New life brings forth good fruits. The more of His love you get into you this way the quicker fear will be cast out.

Be of good courage.
Thank you for the kind words

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

A practical way to deal with anxiety is to write out meaningful scriptures (like 1 Peter 5:7) and post them around the house, the garden shed, the car, wherever it's appropriate for you. Then when fear strikes, (and even when it doesn't), think on those scriptures. Learn to trust them and rest in their promise. If you do this, with time, they become a part of who you are and you won't need to post them because they will spring forth automatically from your heart of hearts.

You don't need a big faith to overcome, you just need to apply the faith you have, no matter the size. :)

Upvote 0