How does unanswered prayer make you feel?

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of these are excellent points,

However when one is born of an unwanted pregnancy.....,

Your birth into this world was ordained by God Almighty. There are many recorded instances in scripture where God has shut up a womb or caused a woman to be barren (for at least a season) and nobody is born into this world without God supplying their spirit:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 said:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

You're probably aware that Jesus Christ is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5), but I don't know if you're aware of how that all played out or how His natural lineage derived from Judah. If you read Genesis chapter 38, then you'll notice how Judah had three sons. His eldest son, Er, married a woman named Tamar and the LORD slew him because he was wicked in His sight. Judah then gave his second son, Onan, to Tamar and he was slain by the LORD as well. After Judah withheld his third son, Shelah, from Tamar, she hid herself behind a veil and Judah actually went in unto her, assuming that she was a prostitute. Two twins were eventually born of this twisted union between Judah and his daughter-in-law and their names were Pharez and Zerah. Why am I telling you all of this? Because if you check out Jesus Christ's natural geneaology (Matthew 1:3), then you will notice that His natural descendancy is from Pharez. Additionally, King David's descendancy is from the same messed up relationship and, yet, King David could truthfully write:

Psalm 139:13-18 said:
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Your entrance into this world may have truly been "unwanted" by your parents, but you are truly wanted by God. Take comfort in that.

then, one is mentally and emotionally abused by a parent(s) and virtually
kept down with no self-esteem or ability to leave parent(s) their entire life...., ( hence user name of Rella as in Cinderella)

Again, King David wrote:

Psalm 27:10 said:
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

God loves you enough that He sent His only begotten Son to die for you that you might be reconciled unto Him, not only now, but for all of eternity. As such, personally, I'll never "call you Rella", but I would consider "calling you Bella". You're in Christ now and that's a beautiful place to be.

and found the purpose for that person has been to care for or help to care for the old, and sick since the age of 4 or 5....., ( and has done this without question or complaint)

The Father has prepared an eternal kingdom, from the foundation of the world, for those who minister to the sick in obedience to Christ (Matthew 25:31-40). Again, take comfort in that.

then, finally arrives at their own old age, only believing that it surly must be
time for that person to finally get a mate of their own to avoid being totally by themselves from familiar human contact as they grow older and die....,

and the answer to a continued lifelong prayer is still NO.

Paul wrote:

I Corinthians 7:34-35 said:
There is a difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

Take it from a man who has been part of an awful marriage since his honeymoon (My wife threatened to leave me during our honeymoon and she has been an unholy terror ever since and it's been many years):

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Although you don't have a physical mate, Paul also wrote:

II Corinthians 11:2 said:
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

If you remain in Christ, then your wedding day will surely come:

Revelation 19:7-9 said:
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

As a Christian, you've been called to partake of the greatest wedding celebration ever. Make yourself ready for that truly blessed day. Incidentally, if I'm understanding Jesus' words correctly and I think that I am, then physical marriage is only for this side of eternity:

Matthew 22:28-30 said:
Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

You can also read Luke's account of the same (Luke 20:33-36), if you'd like to. My point is that it seems to me that physical marriage will not even exist on the other side of eternity. Grab a hold of this and stop thinking that you've missed out on something. If you remain faithful to Christ, then you'll be a vital part of the bride of Christ forever.

Cannot help but wonder what is being taught or how much more this sub-human species can get... only to arrive at the conclusion that this must be atonement for past life sins of rebellion of wanting a life of their own or of the sins of the fathers of 7 generations past, or both.

None of us can atone for our own sins. Thankfully, God has graciously provided an atonement for us in the sacrificial death, burial and resurrection from the dead of Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong. I have had answered prayer that I have needed and
I know God has my back. And for the really important stuff I have always been covered.

Ah, maybe that is the answer. Maybe it is that my desiring someone to love and to be loved by is frivolous.

I am well beyond procreating years and that biological clock quit ticking long ago...

It is nothing that is needed therefore ...

Thank you one and all for this thread.

You gave me my answer on why it was NO just by thinking through
this thread.

God bless all of you and may God grant all of your prayers.

Have a blessed day and life in the Lord.

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2013
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Life is all about experiences, some sweet and some bitter, good and bad. You cannot always expect life to go the way you want to. The only thing you can do is to gather strength, by whichever means to cope up with the situation and proceed with your journey. Sometimes, you may feel that your prayers are not being answered, but that does not mean it is true. It all depends on you how you take it. You can either get disheartened by thinking about the ill effects or make yourself strong and face the situation with courage and wisdom. I know, sometimes it may be difficult to think this way, but we only can ask for strength from the Almighty and continue with it. After all, life is yours and you have to face all the challenges, my friend. God listens and even answers every prayer, but only when He thinks is the right time for Him to act. So,be brave and trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Regarding your atheist friend, that would depend upon what your understanding is in regards to free will. Personally, I don't believe that we can just "pray people in". God will attempt to give the increase to whatever has been planted or watered, but I believe that everyone has a free will of their own and can therefore choose to resist the Holy Ghost and His promptings.

Regarding your illness, there were many times in my early years as a Christian that people prayed for me and "nothing" happened. The reason that I put nothing in quotes is because although nothing happened in regards to my healing at those times, something did happen within me. IOW, it motivated me even more to press closer to God Himself and I've since come to know Him personally as my personal Healer. I guess that I'm just suggesting that the problem is with men and not with God. I don't mean for that to sound critical, but I am suggesting that your past failings in this area ought to motivate you to seek God Himself even more. Ask Him what's deterring your healing. He knows all. Again, I don't mean for this advice to sound flippant, as I'm supposing that you have prayed many times before in the past. I'm just suggesting that like the woman with the issue of blood you press through the crowd until you truly lay ahold of His garment. Please don't think that I'm being insensitive to your condition. I know that such things are of a very serious nature, but I've also been there myself and have faith that God still heals today.
Good post. Be one a Calvinist or one believing in free-will both would agree that not all have their name written in the book of life. If your of the free will mindset then we know that the decision isn't ours for another but the one being prayed for. If one is of the Calvin mindset then it's preordained and no amount of prayer will change it. I usually just ask God to draw then near and leave the rest up to Him.
On matters of not receiving healing, I'm also one who is not well (dying). But I remember another fellow who sought out healing and did not get it in the manner he desired. Paul. He came to the conclusion that Christ was sufficient healing for him. I'm in agreement with Paul.
May God's will be done. Not mine.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟824,267.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please note that I'm not wondering why a Christian's prayers go unanswered. And I'm aware that some folks say that all prayers are answered, but sometimes the answer is "no". I'm asking how you feel when it appears God isn't answering your prayers or is answering them all with a "no".
Hello Dysert, I must say that it is hard to remember exactly how I felt as a young man how I reacted to this but I do know that I have had tons of "unanswered prayers", as many call them but I cannot say that any prayer goes unanswered. It may be answered in a way that we do not like or do not understand "at the time" but I believe that most are answered.

I do think that there were times when I became angry, but that is a long story and too long for this discussion. God didn't turn away because of my anger but helped me through it. Over the years, though, and I look back on those prayers, I have found that those prayers had been answered. I am much better off and walking in the Spirit much better now because of what I experienced.
For example, I had (have?) a good friend who is an atheist. I've prayed for him countless times over a period of years; I've fasted; I've taken him on church retreats; I've witnessed to him. Nevertheless, God has not seen fit to open his heart to salvation.
My father similar to this though I don't know if I could call him an atheist. We had talks about this but he said that he didn't have use for religion.

I prayed for years that he would find God but this did come to pass. A number of years ago, while praying about this, the Holy Spirit came upon me and gave me the verse from Romans, which said that he was law unto himself. I understood that he would be judged by what he had done in his life.

God also gave me the verse "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

My Dad, though not a Christian, was a very merciful man. He always went to those who were in need and helped.

I understood that, though he could not have the salvation we receive through Jesus, he could still find it through judgment.

We all have free will.

Another example: I have a chronic illness that makes it virtually impossible to serve more. I have prayed for release countless times over a period of years; I've availed myself of all known therapies (that I can afford); I've been anointed with oil and had the church pray over me. Nevertheless, God has not healed me.
I too have a chronic illness which causes pain in my legs and which I am slowly losing control of. Doctors don't think that I will ever be confined to a wheel chair but I will always be on medicines to control pain in my muscles and nerves.

I am reminded of this verse, which really isn't a very good translation.
2 Cor. 12:7
And by reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted overmuch, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, that I should not be exalted overmuch.

Thorn in the flesh isn't a good translation but the Greek word used gives the indication of a problem in his legs. Never the less, God didn't give Paul comfort from his problems though he prayed three times for relief. Paul's problem kept him humble though and since I suffered from great pride in my youth, if my illness helps to keep me humble, I am happy to suffer while hiding my illness, from others, as much as possible.

I have, though, received two miraculous healings, though I didn't pray for them. Let God's will be done.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Dysert, I must say that it is hard to remember exactly how I felt as a young man how I reacted to this but I do know that I have had tons of "unanswered prayers", as many call them but I cannot say that any prayer goes unanswered. It may be answered in a way that we do not like or do not understand "at the time" but I believe that most are answered.

I do think that there were times when I became angry, but that is a long story and too long for this discussion. God didn't turn away because of my anger but helped me through it. Over the years, though, and I look back on those prayers, I have found that those prayers had been answered. I am much better off and walking in the Spirit much better now because of what I experienced.

My father similar to this though I don't know if I could call him an atheist. We had talks about this but he said that he didn't have use for religion.

I prayed for years that he would find God but this did come to pass. A number of years ago, while praying about this, the Holy Spirit came upon me and gave me the verse from Romans, which said that he was law unto himself. I understood that he would be judged by what he had done in his life.

God also gave me the verse "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

My Dad, though not a Christian, was a very merciful man. He always went to those who were in need and helped.

I understood that, though he could not have the salvation we receive through Jesus, he could still find it through judgment.

We all have free will.

I too have a chronic illness which causes pain in my legs and which I am slowly losing control of. Doctors don't think that I will ever be confined to a wheel chair but I will always be on medicines to control pain in my muscles and nerves.

And by reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted overmuch, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, that I should not be exalted overmuch.

Thorn in the flesh isn't a good translation but the Greek word used gives the indication of a problem in his legs. Never the less, God didn't give Paul comfort from his problems though he prayed three times for relief. Paul's problem kept him humble though and since I suffered from great pride in my youth, if my illness helps to keep me humble, I am happy to suffer while hiding my illness, from others, as much as possible.

I have, though, received two miraculous healings, though I didn't pray for them. Let God's will be done.
Thanks, YardDog. So in a nutshell it sounds like you simply don't let "unanswered prayer" affect your feelings at all? (I don't want to put words in your mouth.) If that's the case, do you have some psychological trick you can share as to how you can prevent your feelings from changing when you're disappointed with God?

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Please pray for me and those around me.
Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here are some scriptures to consider

1Jo 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

1 Peter 3:12 “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Proverbs 15:29 “The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.”

Psalm 34:15-16 “The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.”

Psalm 66:18 “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:”

”Pr 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

Isaiah 59:1-2 “Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”

Le 26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mt 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mt 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mt 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mt 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mt 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mt 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mt 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mt 6:1 ¶ Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mt 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mt 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mt 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Mt 6:5 ¶ And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mt 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Mt 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mt 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mt 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mt 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mt 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mt 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mt 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mt 6:16 ¶ Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mt 6:17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
Mt 6:18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
Mt 6:19 ¶ Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mt 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Mt 6:25 ¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mt 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mt 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mt 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mt 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mt 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mt 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mt 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mt 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen

All of Gods promises, even this one

1 Peter 3:12 “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟824,267.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, YardDog. So in a nutshell it sounds like you simply don't let "unanswered prayer" affect your feelings at all? (I don't want to put words in your mouth.)
Words put in my mouth tastes better than the foot that I usually put in there.:)

If that's the case, do you have some psychological trick you can share as to how you can prevent your feelings from changing when you're disappointed with God?
It's not about putting myself in a frame of mind. It's about God teaching me faith. Like some of the Biblical characters, I have argued with God in the past but God is quite patient with his children. Even though he may not have given me instant answers to my prayer, he did things to prove to me that he was fully trustworthy.

As I saw how the prayers of my past had been answered in a different way than I had asked for, I began to understand that God had a plan for my life that I needed to trust his judgment on.

I still prayed for things but stopped demanding instant answers and learned to wait. I knew that someday I would have the answer.

There is no psychological trick. There is only faith. Not a faith which says that I believe that God exists and that Jesus is our Lord and savior but one that actually puts trust in his will. Turning over everything to his will.

God Bless,
Yarddog

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We all have free will.

His people die for lack of knowledge.
I am healing my body this way, and I
did feel that it was an answer to prayer
I hope everyone sees this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven't followed the whole conversation so if this is redundant or the topic has shifted into a divergent channel forgive me. Unanswered prayer makes me feel disappointed just as when I was a child and asked my mother if I could have candy and she said "We'll see.". Negatively answered prayer is the same feeling of disappointment but more like when my mother simply said "No.".

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟824,267.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His people die for lack of knowledge.
I am healing my body this way, and I
did feel that it was an answer to prayer
I hope everyone sees this:
I agree, many people are dying from lack of knowledge but that doesn't mean that God heals everything in all of his children.

We are living in a very small speck in time but we have the hope of eternal life with God. I try to keep my eyes on the next life and allow what I experience in this to get me there.

The lesser we become in this life the greater God will make us in the next.

God bless, luv you
YD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On matters of not receiving healing, I'm also one who is not well (dying). But I remember another fellow who sought out healing and did not get it in the manner he desired. Paul. He came to the conclusion that Christ was sufficient healing for him. I'm in agreement with Paul.

May God's will be done. Not mine.

Although I disagree with your assessment of Paul (I don't believe that Paul's thorn in the flesh was related to sickness), this is the first that I'm hearing that you're not well and/or dying. Might I ask what is wrong with you so that I might keep you in prayer?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, many people are dying from lack of knowledge but that doesn't mean that God heals everything in all of his children.
Perhaps, but some die for lack of knowledge and I watch this happen
all the time.
BTW that video of that doctor who recovered from MS is awesome.
I'm eating as much veggies as I can.. not 9 cups a day, lol, but
mostly veggies, fruit, nuts and berries, and it's really making me
feel so much better.
We are living in a very small speck in time but we have the hope of eternal life with God. I try to keep my eyes on the next life and allow what I experience in this to get me there.

God bless, luv you
YD[
And I'll SEE you in that one!
We can hang out... for a vvveeerrrry long time
;)
love you too YD :hug:

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

God bless, luv you
YD

Amen, well said

Upvote 0

InVinoVeritas

May 24, 2013
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats what i was going to say BrotherDC. What a strong post!

It can be frustrating when God doesn't give the answer we want from prayer but we can't just switch him on and off like a machine. Also patience and faith might be the fruit that God wants from a situation. Also,He's sovereign and makes perfect judgements.

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats what i was going to say BrotherDC. What a strong post!

It can be frustrating when God doesn't give the answer we want from prayer but we can't just switch him on and off like a machine. Also patience and faith might be the fruit that God wants from a situation. Also,He's sovereign and makes perfect judgements.

:) Amen.

Upvote 0