w00dy

just a person
Feb 13, 2006
manchester
✟16,247.00
Faith
Christian
what a good question.

im tempted to say how does a child know they have grown in height (unless they have an unusual growth spurt) they dont notice thier own changes on a day by day timescale. but over the period of a year they can see they have changed. maybe its like that and you need to accept by faith that you will grow, then its just a case of seeing how much you grow by at a later date. thats my first thoughts on the matter but im not claiming thats the answer

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How would a Christian know whether or not they are actually growing in their faith?
Hi Momto,

By your victories over sin.

When we fight a good fight of faith, we win.

Faith comes by practicing it.

It's like everything else in life.

If you want to know a bit more about faith, then PM me.

Love in CHrist

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How would a Christian know whether or not they are actually growing in their faith?

DEAR SISTER,

Given that a prime criteria for spiritual growth is increasing humility--the more you grow, the humbler you get; the humbler you get, the less you focus on yourself; the less you focus on yourself, the less you worry about your growth; the less you worry about your growth, the more you trust that the Holy Spirit within you is nurturing your growth according to God's will for you; the more you trust, the more you grow.

MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Momto2kitties

You will know for sure when you commit your WHOLE life to GOD and GOD'S WILL. Then from that moment on you will seek GOD in all your decisions.

Once you do that GOD will know as HE can read your heart. HE will then ANOINT you with the HOLY SPIRIT. ( BORN AGAIN, SAVED ) ( as HE gives IT freely )

Before that happens you are lost!!! You will never see the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD!!!

It's like a light switch. You are either off or on.

You MUST be ANOINTED in order to carry out the MISSION GOD has for you. Until that time you WILL have an itch you CAN'T scratch!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think back to where I was in my faith a few months or a year ago (or sometimes even longer than that). Then I consider whether I'm in the same place or if I've moved ahead or gone backwards. Another way to find out is to talk with a close, mature Christian friend who will be honest with you and ask them what they think.

Upvote 0

JTLauder

Aug 26, 2006
✟16,505.00
Faith
Protestant
Throughout the Bible, the analogy of "bearing fruit" is used to represent the Christian life. (Matthew 7, Mark 11, Luke 6, John 15): "A good tree produces good fruit" "You will recognize them by their fruit."

What are these "fruits"?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...
-- Galatians 5:22-23

A sure way to tell one's relationship to God is to observe if behavior and actions truely reflect that or not.

Upvote 0

Momto2kitties

Oct 21, 2006
✟7,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks everybody. I found the following especially helpful:

DEAR SISTER,

Given that a prime criteria for spiritual growth is increasing humility--the more you grow, the humbler you get; the humbler you get, the less you focus on yourself; the less you focus on yourself, the less you worry about your growth; the less you worry about your growth, the more you trust that the Holy Spirit within you is nurturing your growth according to God's will for you; the more you trust, the more you grow.

MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Thanks. That's definitely something I need to work on.

Upvote 0

RomanPrincess

Jan 8, 2006
✟8,120.00
Faith
Christian
well there will be sufering and adversitys, sometimes hardship, pain ,suffering, too.........God uses those things to shape us and form us into the likeness of his Son Jesus Christ.
It's in those time of hardships the things we learn and go through.If we draw near to God or drift away from him....theres so much tha is taught and the out come.

Just as the Holy Spirit convicts us when we sin and ask for forgivess and repeant...the Holy Spirit also lets us know when we are doing good.

By looking how your life has changed...bearing fruit. living a godly lifestyle and your understanding.You can tell your old self /carnal way has died and you live in the spirit.Your reactions and actions have changed, speaking, thinking, has changed too...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear CHRISTIANS

I SURE HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT ALL THESE GOODY GOODY ACTIVITES DON'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF YOU FAIL TO BECOME ANOINTED BY GOD!!!

YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR TIME AND TALENTS IN VAIN!!!

IT'S ALL OR NOTHING WITH GOD!!!

" THE COLD AND LUKEWARM I WILL SPEW THEE OUT OF MY MOUTH "

SO SAYS GOD'S WORD SO REMEMBER"

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0