Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean Exploring Christianity, I go there sometimes, not challenging enough... Well, lets see, since you know so much, would you like to contribute to this about the law and grace, ect, ect...

What is God's judgment...? Is it different for the believer and the non-believer...?

Christians are some of the worse "sinners" I know BTW... Especially in the things that are important...

How do you define "repent", you still sin, so don't you mean continually in your life repenting of what you feel you can, and being repentant of what just don't think you can or feel you cannot (yet) and us all being honest about sin with God, especially Christians, would be a good start, and talking with him (God) (Or the Lord) about it, not making excuses, but giving thanks and/for forgiveness and praise and praising him and thanking him, and lifting him up... Fall on your knees/face and worship with joy at his amazing grace...

I always apologize also, but try not to make excuses, I do like to say, "not yet" thinking that I will be able to get that sin whipped sometime, with the Lord's help, and he has told me that if I continue walking with him and in him, that he'd help me get the sin issue whipped one day... But, "not yet", I'm a work in progress...

God Bless!
I don't pretend to have all the answers, only a know=all's opinion.

Yes Christians are all to often complacent about sin and casual about keeping the 10 commandments.

How do I deal with repeated offences? By shamefaced returning to God and admitting my failure, again.
God knew what we would be like before he begain creation. He still went ahead with everything, that shows just how much God loves us.

Yes he wants us to be holy, to not 'sin' and he will forgive us see 1John 1:9.
See also what the apostle Paul wrote in Romansabout doing the 'evil' he did want to do while not doing the 'good' he wanted to do.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does believing Jesus died from my sins sets me free?

The truth and grace of God is what you free from the bondage of sin, not merely faith. The demons believe in God, but they are under His wrath because they hate Him.

Why does a man, Jesus had to die for me?

Jesus is not just a man, He is fully man and fully God. Jesus did not have to die for you. Out of His love, grace and mercy, He chose to lay down His life for you, to take on the full righteous wrath of God the Father against your sin.

How does all this saving thing work (besides believing in the gospel)?

Salvation is a gift of grace from God, that removes the rebel sinner's heart of stone and gives him or her a heart of flesh, so that they no longer hate God and now hate their sin against Him and now they love Him and His truth. God is the one who regenerates the soul, brings the person to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and makes them a new creation. Salvation is completely the work of God and not of man, such that God gets all of the glory and man receives none.

And why is it that exists original sin?

Because Adam disobeyed God and all mankind are the descendants of Adam and so are born with an Adamic (sinful) nature. That is why Jesus said you must be born again with a new nature born of the Holy Spirit of God, so that you may enter into His kingdom.

Was it invented? It could be.

No, it was not invented. It could have been, but it wasn't. It is the truth of God.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I believe I am not saved. I have read the Bible once and the New Testament several times sparsely.

Greetings and salutations guerrier :)
Im so glad you are here.

Probably I don't believe entirely on the Gospel because I don't understand it's meaning, the death of Jesus for me. I try to meditate and understand why did he had to die for me and in what way does that save me, but I don't seem to get anywhere.

Great start my friend.

1) Jesus' dying for our sins relates to atonement. Atonement started in genesis and is the action of making amends for a wrong against God. In OT atonement was in the form of clean animal sacrifice.

So to reconcile us to God and be clean (approachable to God) we had to atone for our sins. We had to sacrifice a clean animal to God.

Sacrifce = Atonement = reconciliation to God.

2) The old testament is a section of the Bible which includes covenants. A covenant was made with Adam, abraham, moses and david in OT.

Jesus' death becomes the new covenant (NT) with man and the final atonement of sin.

Jesus' death is a sacrifice. God sent His only Son to die for man kind - atonement. Gods covenant was with the jews, now the death and resurrection of Christ extends salvation to anyone how hears, and accepts.

Jesus died for all sins as the sacrifical lamb of God. Not a lamb chosen from man, chosen by God. Now we have a door always open to reconcile us to God. Through Jesus. :)

This relates to the NT wine skins parable and becoming spirit filled ie you become a house for God but God cannot pour a new thing into an old container, so you become a new person

When we give our selves completely to Jesus, we go through 3 things faith, love and hope. The act of commiting your self undeniably to Jesus and opening your heart changes you.

You have a new feel. For me it was a change of mind and heart. I felt peace and joy. I did not feel the same again.

Believing that Jesus died for your sins is faith. Faith with all your heart is what starts the process. When we say free from sin, you still are human and make choices but now you should be helped by the Spirit and make choices with a compass directed to God.

You are free in the sense that God has atoned for you, for your past and possibly future sins. We can now approach God.

How does all this saving thing work.

What do you say?

The term saving means salvation. Salvation is the only deliverance from sin and its consequences, believed by Christians to be brought about by faith in Christ.

Sin is disobediance to God. If we trust in Jesus as the Son of God he will give us justice for all injustices with the judgement day - venegance is mine sayeth the Lord - and reward us with an inheritance in heaven.

The reward on earth is receiving the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Comforter. The Holy Spirit is given to all who who wish to have it but the most important thing.

If you hear the call of Jesus and know He is your Lord then you are one of His sheep and apart of the Flock.

Please dont hesitate to ask anything.

God bless you saint :)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It all started in the garden. Adam was one until God opened a wound in his side and took out a woman who prepared a feast and Adam ate it. God had told him "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Which speaks to spiritual death, separate from God.

At first, Adam and Eve - "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." Then after eating the feast prepared by the woman something changed. "And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."
"And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?"

The whole scripture is a narrative of our soul's journey/process taking place within to becoming born (again) single of eye (again) One IN and through Christ . Seeking God through the Son who is the bread of LIFE (opposite of death that happened to Adam, spiritually speaking)/The Door (back)/The lamb slain before the foundations of the World.

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return

When we begin to seek Him, to come to KNOW Him, a duality within - soul/spirit begins and we seek His Light that will overcome the darkness (within) bringing reconciliation (back) to God. Jesus on a cross high and lifted up (Truth) is the antidote for the bite of the serpent just as the rod of Moses in the wilderness was for the children of Israel is a picture of...

Seeking God in Spirit and in Truth, we must carry a cross. HE can only give us what we can see/perceive to be possible. And through the Son, a revealing (within) begins, dimly at first.

Jesus came to take away sin and make us blind to the world that we might SEE which has everything to do with the question God asks Adam, "Where art thou?" And, "Hast thou eaten...?"

John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

John 3:3
1 Peter 1:23
Romans 6:6
2 Corinthians 5:17
Acts 22:16

Jacob wrestling from the dark of night for the promise of God, not giving up til he received it at dawn, and got a new name is another picture of our soul journey - seeking God through Christ.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How does all this saving thing work (besides believing in the gospel)? How does a man can free me from my sins? And why is it that exists original sin? Was it invented? It could be.
What do you say?

Shalom, Guerier

If you will indulge me to start at the beginning..

God created the time-space continuum in which we live. This world was part of this creation which also included mankind. The first man formed by God was an individual by the name of Adam. Adam, was joined little later by his mate, Eve. Both were perfect and clothed in light.

After a certain amount of time, Adam and Eve, disobeyed the one rule that God gave them. He told them not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. After being tempted, Eve took of the fruit of the tree, followed by Adam. This disobedience created a gene fracture or separation between God's existence and ours. As a result, they lost their clothing of light and their ability to commune with God. That gene fracture, which is called the sin gene, is still in us. That sin gene requires a covering to allow God's Spirit to dwell within us.

Unfortunately, for Adam and Eve and the rest of mankind to have that covering, God required a penalty for disobedience. From this point on, man would experience both physical death and spiritual separation from God for the next 4000. For those 4000 years, God showed man, through his Law, that he required a perfect sacrifice to pay for their infraction. Those 4000 years were also an object lesson to show mankind that no matter what, they could not supply a sacrifice acceptable to God. This was due to God requiring a flawless blood sacrifice, of the likes, of the one, who committed the infraction, otherwise a perfect human blood sacrifice.

The problem, with that, is there was not and never could be a perfect human, by way of man/woman relationship, since disobedience, the sin gene, now resided in the very nature of man. Since no man, born of a man/woman union, is perfect, God had to provide a solution. The solution was to provide a man through an undefiled woman impregnated by the Spirit of God. This resulted in the supernatural birth of Y’shua, Jesus.

According to scriptures, The Tanakh, The Old Testament, where God revealed to us his salvation plan, Y’shua was borne by the Spirit of God and of a virgin woman. He lived a perfect life as a man and was crucified upon the alter of God, the Cross. During his crucifixion, the scriptures tells us that he was made sin for us all. In reality, God withdrew himself from the man Y’shua and left the perfect Jesus to die upon the cross, as the ultimate sin offering. His blood now covers us.

He was buried in a tomb, guarded by Roman soldiers.

As a side note, the Jewish leadership feared that the followers of Y'shua would steal the body and claim resurrection. They asked Pontius Pilate to secure the tomb. Pontius Pilate was the Roman Prefect in Israel at this time and the one who condemned Y'shua to death. Pontius Pilate makes a great comment. He said, "Make it as sure as you can." That meant a minimum of four soldiers would guard the tomb for the length of Pesach, Passover.

However, three days later, on the Feast of First Fruits, in fulfillment to scripture, and before the Body would naturally see corruption, God rejoined the man and together resurrected Y’shua in a transformed body and left the tomb.

Later, on Shavuott, Pentecost, Y'shua ascended to his rightful place, the right hand of his Father in Heaven, where he makes intercession for us on a daily basis. With his blood, he is now a sin covering for all of us who relies on that sacrfice for reconciliation with God.

The only thing God requires from any of us is to accept and believe that Y’shua was the perfect sacrifice.

After that, when we confess ours sins to him, he will be faithful and just to forgive us.

As part of the new relationship, a true believer will desire to get to know God on a more intimate basis through his Word and understanding how his creation reveals him to all. Usually, the first act of obedience of a true believer is to follow Y’shua and be baptized. Baptism is being immersed in water to publicly display your dedication to a life in the Messiah and a ever-growing close relationship with God.

I hope that answers your question. Sorry for going long.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does all this saving thing work (besides believing in the gospel)? How does a man can free me from my sins? And why is it that exists original sin? Was it invented? It could be.
What do you say?
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

We follow Jesus example of love.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.

Our faith in Jesus only shows, if we love.

Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe I am not saved. I have read the Bible once and the New Testament several times sparsely.
Probably I don't believe entirely on the Gospel because I don't understand it's meaning, the death of Jesus for me. I try to meditate and understand why did he had to die for me and in what way does that save me, but I don't seem to get anywhere.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATONEMENT & SALVATION
The Logos or God’s Plan of Salvation
NO MORTAL IS RIGHTEOUS AND MAKING HEAVEN IS NOT ABOUT REPENTANCE OR PRACTISING MORAL STANDARDS

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you say?
Because we have sinned, Satan could torment us forever. However, by allowing himself to be executed, Jesus, who never sinned, saved us from that.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you say?
Because we have sinned, Satan could torment us forever. However, by allowing himself to be executed, Jesus, who never sinned, saved us from that.
As for original sin, I don't see the import of that. It seems to me people like to blame their own sin on original sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What do you say?
All this stuff has to do with eternal redemption. Many Christians think all this stuff is critical to learn and understand. It is not.

The essential gospel:
  • God exists and he loves us.
  • He allows for this world of pain and suffering but doesn't personally cause pain and suffering. (There is a lot more that can be said about this, but it doesn't matter.)
  • He created the soul of each of us. We were born into the word with a random body.
  • The purpose of life is to connect with God.
  • Jesus is God who took on human form at a point in history to connect human nature with God's nature, to help us by giving us a focal point.
  • It is easier to insert Jesus into your thoughts by reading about and reflecting on the person of Jesus described in the gospels, rather than trying to connect with an abstract God.
  • The only thing required is to embrace the person of Jesus, to not reject him, to seek to know him better, and to avoid serious sins.
May God bless you in your journey.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What do you say?

Genesis 15:6 (KJV) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Genesis 15:6 (HCSB) Abram believed the LORD, and He credited it to him as righteousness.

The marvel of only having to BELIEVE on/in God to obtain Righteousness is in itself quite telling in many ways. It shows there is nothing we can do in and of ourselves to obtain that Righteousness, God freely grants it unto us as an unmerited favor/grace/mercy.

Why does God chose to grant life ever after via only FAITH on God/Jesus? Well what is God's goal? To get us to turn from Sin unto Him and His righteousness. Once we have acknowledged Gods righteousness, then and only then can we admit our Sinful ways/nature.

So FAITH/BELIEVING in God is on;y the first step, yo also have to REPENT, and that means to turn from your sins unto Gods Holy ways, of course you can not do that until you BELIEVE in God, else what would there be to repent from if there was NO GOD?

If you believe, that gives you hope but not a 100 percent certainty you will make heaven, Satan and his demons BELIEVE, but they chose to rebel. If you turn to God then Rebel, you likewise will be separated from God forever, Hell is only separation from God in reality.

Upvote 0