How do Young Earth Creationists explain the 15,000 layers of the Haymond Formation?

NGC 6712

Mar 27, 2012
Princeton, NJ
✟8,262.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Except I am representing a bible case and historical evidence and have shown that so called science cannot prove the laws that existed in the past.
Science can show physical laws were the same that BUT you have your "get out of jail card" dodge. You just claim time was different or some other type of pretence. Yours is not a model it is a wish.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science can show physical laws were the same
No. It can't.
that BUT you have your "get out of jail card" dodge. You just claim time was different or some other type of pretence. Yours is not a model it is a wish.
All you do is claim that all things were the same for no sane reason.

Upvote 0

NGC 6712

Mar 27, 2012
Princeton, NJ
✟8,262.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. It can't.
Yes it can be shown that physical laws were the same. I have seen attempts to explain this to you here and I saw the same obstinacy (or inability to comprehend) years ago on the EvC forum.

As I said, you just pull a dodge card out of your back pocket and contrive some pure nonsense as an attempt to ignore valid observations and inference.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by NGC 6712:
Science can show physical laws were the same.

No. It can't.

BUT you have your "get out of jail card" dodge. You just claim time was different or some other type of pretense. Yours is not a model it is a wish.

Dad, I realize that you have no idea how astrophysicists do make that determination on a regular basis. Just because the "sane reason" is unknown to you doesn't mean that the rest of the world is not aware of those reasons!

Christians need not fear the evidence which God has provided within his universe. You are arguing against evidence that tell us much about the history of the universe, including the stability of the laws which describe that universe. I realize that the trolling bravado is entertaining but the old saying still applies: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts."

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
....and have shown that so called science cannot prove the laws that existed in the past.

Do you have even a tiny modicum of understanding that radioastronomy (for example) allows us to look into the past? Indeed, even the visual record of the night sky is like a time portal to long ago.

I realize that any carefully prepared text to explain this will be ignored. But even my most "challenged" students at least made an effort to understand basic astrophysics concepts.

Sadly, this thread is reinforcing far too many common, negative public perceptions about the relationship between faith and intellect. And that is very unfortunate. So unnecessary.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science can show physical laws were the same.
Do it. Or stay exposed.

BUT you have your "get out of jail card" dodge. You just claim time was different or some other type of pretense. Yours is not a model it is a wish.

Dad, I realize that you have no idea how astrophysicists do make that determination on a regular basis. Just because the "sane reason" is unknown to you doesn't mean that the rest of the world is not aware of those reasons!

Christians need not fear the evidence which God has provided within his universe. You are arguing against evidence that tell us much about the history of the universe, including the stability of the laws which describe that universe.

No. I am asking for a clear picture of what we do know.
I realize that the trolling bravado is entertaining but the old saying still applies: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts."
Facts are that if the laws in the spiritual also deep space were different, as they may be, that the absorption lines and shifting and distances and etc need to be looked at again. I understand that when a highly credentialed man of science comes around and says stuff, many folks feel a need to grovel and try to show unquestioned allegiance. Pardon me if I continue to seek truth.

Upvote 0

NGC 6712

Mar 27, 2012
Princeton, NJ
✟8,262.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do it. Or stay exposed.

It's been done for you many times. You just are a broken record on this, trotting out the same empty objections based upon nothing but a personal wish that has no regard for facts.

You just FALSELY claim distances cannot be measured which you then imply invalidates time scales and thus invalidates the claim physical laws were the same.

The problem is the distances can be measured, physical laws can be discerned from the data and your position is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's been done for you many times.
Where, Newbie? Not by you!

You just are a broken record on this, trotting out the same empty objections based upon nothing but a personal wish that has no regard for facts.
Hey my objections are deeper that you mat suspect. Let's be clear on a few things...you do not know that space as we know it near earth exists far away. That kills your whole modeling attempt.
You just FALSELY claim distances cannot be measured which you then imply invalidates time scales and thus invalidates the claim physical laws were the same.
Nope. It is true. Distance isn't known. The stars may be spiritual also in nature and a lot lot closer than you thought and were taught.
The problem is the distances can be measured, physical laws can be discerned from the data and your position is false.
I can see you are religious. Strong beliefs. Whoopee doo. Try to admit the little you actually know.

For lurkers I might add here that astro physics is a so called science.

Upvote 0