up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No funeral service or obit. A canvas bag so that I would touch and be absorbed by the earth and get to the bare bones of the matter, rather than be in a box that will collapse in 2 months or whatever contraption that will fill with water constantly for eternity bathing an unnecessarily embalmed, stitched and crazy glued body. No smart phone either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do love wild animals so i suppose i also wouldnt mind being left as a meal for them in a forest or some woods somewhere
I hope you are organic. The animals have it tough enough. The microbes and insects don't care though.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I want my coffin filled with coffee beans, dark roast.

5687282029_85f445170b.jpg

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want my coffin filled with coffee beans, dark roast.

5687282029_85f445170b.jpg
...I roasted 208 lbs of coffee this week of which 112 lbs was dark roast.
tulc(is now picturing a whole new way to expand coffee use...) :coffee:

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟312,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really don't care what's done with my body when I die. Deposit it in the desert for the critters for all I care. Just take the cheapest method of disposal.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I respect other poeple's choices but this is easy for me. No one ever came back to life that was cremated. Elijah did not call the ashes back to life, no it was the bones. If you want to be eco-friendly, check out a natural burial, which is much cheaper and in some locations you do not embalm the body.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dig a hole behind the garden shed and plant me there will be ok by me. I reckon in my lifetime I've probably accidentally stomped on an ant or worm or two or three, so it's fair they get me back.

The only thing is, I'd really like my slow cooker and my bread maker laying either side of me please, and my coffee machine on top.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I hope others do not find this thread too morbid, but I am curious how other posters feel about their method of being laid to rest? Do you want a traditional burial in a casket or do you prefer cremation? Ashes scattered in the forest? Or something more unique like donating your body to science?

As for me I am one who is very squeamish about death. I abhor the idea of my body decomposing in a dark coffin buried six feet underground. I'd prefer my body cremated as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind burying the cremated remains in the ground with a tombstone on top. That is what my grandfather did. I remember at his funeral being shocked when I saw a little cube instead of a large coffin. I thought they somehow stuff his entire body in that little box. My eyes were wide open when I first saw it and publicly said aloud "how'd they fit him in there?" I was like eight and everyone and the funeral starting erupting in laughter.

Apparently he had the same disgust for the decomposing process as I do. His was is the most appealing for me. My father expressed the same wishes. Although I can respect people who donate their bodies to science, I just cannot stomach the idea for myself. I do not want my loved ones to see my dead body on display either. I want their last memories of me to be as of an animated body, not a lifeless corpse.
I want to be cremated. My wife does also, she told me that she always wanted a smokin body!

I don't like the idea of being laid in a casket and also I don't need to take up any real estate when I am dead.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,093.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess it comes down to one of two choices. My body being incinerated to cinders or being eaten by worms.

This reminds me of the story about the doctor with a most irritating, hypochondriac patient. The patient was at his door every day with some non-existent illness. But finally something really did get him, and he died. He was buried with an inscription on his tombstone "I told you it was serious, didn't I?"

The doctor wasn't sorry though. He was glad to see the last of him.

But eventually the doctor died himself, and he happened to be buried right in the next grave. As he was lying there, he heard a knock on the side of his coffin, and this wheedling voice broke through.

"Oh, no! Not you again!" yelled the doctor.

"Yeah ... Doc ... it's me... Sorry ... but hey, Doc?"

"Yes" muttered the doctor. "What do you want now??"

"Hey, doc" came the voice, "You got anything for worms??"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've donated myself to science/organ donation. Whatever's left over will be cremated. I'd prefer no funeral but that's my kid's decision - in my world funerals are for the living.

The link below talks about organ or whole body donation (in a US context) and includes a few interesting alternatives like going to a body farm, 'plastination' or - my favourite - becoming a crash test dummy. :)

7 Things You Should Know About Donating Your Body to Science

OB

I’ve thought about plastination. I’ve been to a Body Worlds exhibit. I have the donation paperwork in my files. The displays are fascinating, and very creative. The process renders your physical remains as close to a state of immortality as possible. But one kicker is that your estate is responsible for transporting your body to the company’s facility. Which can be quite expensive.

Another interesting option is being cremated, and having your ashes made into a diamond. Cremated remains still contain some of your body’s carbon. (Diamonds can be made from hair, also.) The company linked below can make a 2 carat stone from ashes. It’s also expensive. But it’s another form of immortality. Diamonds are forever, right? :oldthumbsup:

Cremation Diamonds Buyer's Guide 2020: What Should You Pay?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please no cremation. Seems an enormous waste of greenhouse gas producing energy.

I'd rather be rolled in a sheet and buried somewhere unmarked maybe with a tree planted on top of "me".

That, or Tibetan sky burial.
Sky burial - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hope others do not find this thread too morbid, but I am curious how other posters feel about their method of being laid to rest? Do you want a traditional burial in a casket or do you prefer cremation? Ashes scattered in the forest? Or something more unique like donating your body to science?

As for me I am one who is very squeamish about death. I abhor the idea of my body decomposing in a dark coffin buried six feet underground. I'd prefer my body cremated as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind burying the cremated remains in the ground with a tombstone on top. That is what my grandfather did. I remember at his funeral being shocked when I saw a little cube instead of a large coffin. I thought they somehow stuff his entire body in that little box. My eyes were wide open when I first saw it and publicly said aloud "how'd they fit him in there?" I was like eight and everyone and the funeral starting erupting in laughter.

Apparently he had the same disgust for the decomposing process as I do. His was is the most appealing for me. My father expressed the same wishes. Although I can respect people who donate their bodies to science, I just cannot stomach the idea for myself. I do not want my loved ones to see my dead body on display either. I want their last memories of me to be as of an animated body, not a lifeless corpse.

My worst fear in life is burning... it's kind of funny as I've had this fear of being burned since childhood, before I ever experienced a burn, so I've no idea where the fear came from but as much as I'm afraid of heights (I can't so much as climb to the second rung of a ladder), I am afraid of fire.

So fire is what God has put in my path - a lot in life! I've been through two house fires that were both total loses, plus I contracted a rare disease when I was 30 (and that has no cure) where the nerves in my legs don't work right and it feels like my legs are on fire 24/7.. (CRPS)

So, I've had to face and deal with this worst fear my whole life, which doesn't actually make it better... lol.

Therefore, I've also never wanted to be cremated. Do NOT want to awaken from a coma in an oven! Lol... I'd far rather suffocate.

So my first desire is to be buried, but as time wears on in life I realise that's not really the affordable option, so I figure I'll end up needing to be cremated anyway.

My husband has said he knows my fear of it and will do whatever it takes to get me buried instead of cremated, but I hate the thought of him being in financial straights over my stupid fears, so I've requested he go ahead and cremate me.

It really sucks burial is so expensive... but it is what it is..

My ashes will be kept in an urn, and my urn placed on the mountain on my husbands land with some small memorial..

Upvote 0