Mar 5, 2004
Fort Wayne
✟9,982.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Libertarian
Philip said:
Sure. They accept Jesus [Isa in the Qur'an] as the Messiah, the annointed of God.

From the Qur'an:
[3.45] When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

[4.157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.​

Do Muslims accept Christ as the Son of God or God the Son? No. The Qur'an explicitly denies that Christ is the Only Begotten. However, they do give Him the title 'Messiah'.

Good Post. Whenever it is Christ and ________, then really it is not Christ at all.

Pax Christi,

ChiRho

Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
christianbeginning said:
Do you view Islam to be a:

1. Christian heresy? or a

2. Non-Christian religion that is:
a. from God but was wrongly interpreted, understood, set down
b. not from God, totally man-made

Note that if it is from God but wrongly understood, that would require an answer to the question: "why would God send his message to someone who was unable to understand or in an unitelligable form?"

Basically, I'm interested in knowing how Christians view Islam. Do you believe Muslims give glory to the same God that Christians do?
I believe 2b.

And in light of the recent events surrounding 9-11/Danny Perl/Nick Berg/and Paul Johnson I believe it is a scourge that must be gotten rid of for our own safety.

Upvote 0

UnhandledException

Oct 7, 2003
California
Visit site
✟8,330.00
Faith
Christian
Philip said:
Do Muslims accept Christ as the Son of God or God the Son? No. The Qur'an explicitly denies that Christ is the Only Begotten. However, they do give Him the title 'Messiah'.
So Islam is further from Christianity then the devil. Even the devil believes that Christ is the Son of God.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
ChiRho said:
Touching.

This line of thinking derives from man's understanding of justice. This sort of thought is dangerously false, as it camouflages the truth. If one denies Christ as God, then one is lost. It is not kind to sugar coat this truth to the ungodly muslims, nor to any other heathen.

There is no substitute for the proper distinction and of actual Law and pure Gospel.

Pax Christi,

ChiRho
Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

I think that most Moslems would hardly consider my appraisal of their religion as sugar-coating. These are the truths about their religion that Moslems have a difficult time facing. Post such as my initial post on this thread have almost invariably been pointedly ignorered by Moslems here at CF. A critical reading of the works of Islam will hardly camouflage the truth about their religion, but will reveal it for what it is.

On the other hand, one billion Muslims are an existential reality of our world today. Scripturally, we are all God's creation, and therefore all should be treated with respect.

Upvote 0

Ainesis

Leaning on Him
May 28, 2004
Visit site
✟3,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
christianbeginning said:
Do you view Islam to be a:

1. Christian heresy? or a

2. Non-Christian religion that is:
a. from God but was wrongly interpreted, understood, set down
b. not from God, totally man-made

Note that if it is from God but wrongly understood, that would require an answer to the question: "why would God send his message to someone who was unable to understand or in an unitelligable form?"

Basically, I'm interested in knowing how Christians view Islam. Do you believe Muslims give glory to the same God that Christians do?
I have a number of family members that are muslim, but I see Islam as basically one of many false religions. It is not from God and is totally man-made.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ksen said:
I believe 2b.

And in light of the recent events surrounding 9-11/Danny Perl/Nick Berg/and Paul Johnson I believe it is a scourge that must be gotten rid of for our own safety.
I suppose then since Calvinists murdered a number of supposed "witches," then they are a scourge too?

Or perhaps the Catholics as well? I mean, with the Inquisition and all...

Or perhaps Anglicans like me? In the past, even my Church wasn't the best behaved.

How about the Eastern Orthodox Church and the persecution of the Old Believers when they broke?

Blaming the whole due to a minority is faulty logic. Saying something as vicious as you did makes you is absolutely rediculous and cruel.

Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:
I suppose then since Calvinists murdered a number of supposed "witches," then they are a scourge too?
Show me the Calvinists that are still "burning witches" some 300 years later.

Or perhaps the Catholics as well? I mean, with the Inquisition and all...
Show me the Roman Catholics that are still burning heretics 300-500 years later.

Or perhaps Anglicans like me? In the past, even my Church wasn't the best behaved.
Show me the Anglicans that are still behaving like that.

How about the Eastern Orthodox Church and the persecution of the Old Believers when they broke?
Show me the Orthodox that are still killing Roman Catholics 800 years later.

Blaming the whole due to a minority is faulty logic. Saying something as vicious as you did makes you is absolutely rediculous and cruel.
The difference between Christianity and Islam is that those acts are repudiated by a majority of Christians. Whereas in Islam I would argue that it is not the minority who condone the most recent beheadings but the majority by their silence are accepting of those acts.

Christians have changed and no longer behave like barbarians. The same cannot be said for the followers of Islam. They still behave like they have behaved for the last 13 centuries.

So for you to say that the terrorists only enjoy the support of a minority of Muslims is in itself ridiculous and ignores the reality of what is happening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The difference between Christianity and Islam is that those acts are repudiated by a majority of Christians. Whereas in Islam I would argue that it is not the minority who condone the most recent beheadings but the majority by their silence are accepting of those acts.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ksen said:
Show me the Calvinists that are still "burning witches" some 300 years later.
I can show you Calvinists who would go around murdering minorities, if that is what you mean.

Show me the Roman Catholics that are still burning heretics 300-500 years later.
I can show you Catholics who make terror strikes in Northern Ireland.

Show me the Anglicans that are still behaving like that.
My above ditto.

Show me the Orthodox that are still killing Roman Catholics 800 years later.
1. The Old Believers weren't Catholics
2. Not that I agree with their theology, but JWs in Russia are heavily persecuted due to religious affiliations in the country.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that those acts are repudiated by a majority of Christians.
Perhaps because the media doesn't cover it? That's Appealing to Ignorance on your part.

Whereas in Islam I would argue that it is not the minority who condone the most recent beheadings but the majority by their silence are accepting of those acts.
Oh? And you've polled all 1 billion Muslims? Granted, there are extremist factions, but according to the Qur'an, they are in severe violation and are worthy of hell according to Islam.

Christians have changed and no longer behave like barbarians.
Oh that is simply wishful thinking.

The same cannot be said for the followers of Islam. They still behave like they have behaved for the last 13 centuries.
1. The Muslim civilization was far more advanced that Christian civilization up to the Renaissance at the very least.
2. Just because one group of people so happens to be Muslim invades another people doesn't make the invasion religiously-based. That's a big mistake non-historians state way too often.
3. Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims.

So for you to say that the terrorists only enjoy the support of a minority of Muslims is in itself ridiculous and ignores the reality of what is happening.
It is a minority until you prove it otherwise. Innocent until proven guilty.

Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:
I can show you Calvinists who would go around murdering minorities, if that is what you mean.

I can show you Catholics who make terror strikes in Northern Ireland.

My above ditto.

1. The Old Believers weren't Catholics
2. Not that I agree with their theology, but JWs in Russia are heavily persecuted due to religious affiliations in the country.

Perhaps because the media doesn't cover it? That's Appealing to Ignorance on your part.
You're the one saying "perhaps" and I'm the one Appealing to Ignorance?

Oh? And you've polled all 1 billion Muslims? Granted, there are extremist factions, but according to the Qur'an, they are in severe violation and are worthy of hell according to Islam.
Then where are the Fatwas being issued by the majority of Islamic clerics against these people?

Oh that is simply wishful thinking.
No, that is what the evidence says. When was the last time a radical Christian group taped the beheading of an enemy and posted it on a website for the world to see?

When Paul Hill murdered the abortion doctor Christians countrywide spoke out loudly against Hill's actions.

When Muslims behead civilians or string their burned and mutilated bodies up on bridges or crash commercial airliners into skyscrapers there is dancing in the streets.

There is no moral equivalence between these two religions.

1. The Muslim civilization was far more advanced that Christian civilization up to the Renaissance at the very least.
So? That doesn't apply today.

2. Just because one group of people so happens to be Muslim invades another people doesn't make the invasion religiously-based. That's a big mistake non-historians state way too often.
What?

3. Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims.
Where did I speak out against Arabs?

It is a minority until you prove it otherwise. Innocent until proven guilty.
They have proven by their actions, and more importantly by their inactions, that they are complicit.

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Philip

Ok here is where I missed the bus. Yes this is what they tell me, that Jesus is not the Son of God.
I simply jumped to a conclusion because in my mind the two titles are linked.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

yours in Christ
DEU58

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Ksen

Yes but some of the posts here are calling for the complete eradication of an entire group of people. Kind of a kill them all and let God sort them out attitude.

If we adopt that kind of attitude then what makes us any different from the radical Muslims who are calling for the same thing?

As I posted earlier I work around some muslims and know many of them are saddened and concerned about what is being done in the name of their religion.

So should we kill the innocent with the guilty? Fighting fire with fire is one thing but fighting ignorance with ignorance is another.

yours in Christ
DEU58

Reactions: PaladinValer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
deu58 said:
Hi Philip

Ok here is where I missed the bus. Yes this is what they tell me, that Jesus is not the Son of God.
I simply jumped to a conclusion because in my mind the two titles are linked.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

yours in Christ
DEU58
Muslims also believe in the second coming of Jesus, in which all the false religions-symbolized by the cross- will be destroyed.
This is what Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have in coming. We are all waiting for the Messiah. Like Jews, Muslims consider Jesus a man, but like Christians, they believe that Jesus is the Messiah who will come again during end times.

Upvote 0

Andy D

Andy D
Jun 4, 2004
Melbourne
✟8,303.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I guess there is no point for those who await the Messiah if they are not ready. A bit late to suddenly decide that He is your LORD and Saviour once He has returned. The way I view islam is that it is a religion like all others where it has decieved millions of people and we are to show love to them as Jesus taught us to or we would be no different to anyone else.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Militant Islam today is a serious problem in the world. Forming governments in Sudan and Iran, threatening the already radically fundamentalist government in Saudi Arabia, advocating the stoning of 'adulterous' women in Nigeria, what is happening througout the world of Islam is synonymous to such groups as the KKK threatening to take over the American government, and threatening to do the same to western Eutope.

The Taliban style of government has already shown just what kind of society that militant Islam has to offer. The question remains. Can the West peacefully coexist with an Islam continues to redefine itself along such lines?

Certainly the Taliban has not been the only face that Islam has ever historically shown us. It is however, the one that is becoming increasingly prominent in the world today. With each new terrorist act, and with each beheading, it is the face that is being presented to us more and more.

Upvote 0

Curt

Curt
Jan 26, 2004
Puyallup, Washington
✟792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The seed of Ismael are doing exactly as God has written that they would, and will continue doing it until God says thats it. We need to get as many of them saved as we can in the meantime.

Gen 16:11-12
11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
(KJV)

Gen 17:19-21
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
(KJV)

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Solomon

threatening the already radically fundamentalist government in Saudi Arabia, advocating the stoning of 'adulterous' women in Nigeria, what is happening througout the world of Islam is synonymous to such groups as the KKK threatening to take over the American government, and threatening to do the same to western Eutope.
It is a serious problem and there is no doubt that we need to be watchful and take action against these militant groups.

In 1998 I was in Dubai and the big news was that Saudi Arabia had just executed by beheading 8 filipino contract workers for holding bible studies.

The militant Muslims have no problems with killing non-militant muslims either so the voice of reason and sensibility is gradually being silenced in the Muslim world through fear and intimidation.

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.