How do you think Jesus feels about pot? maryjane?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,480,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate-- bringing forth food from the earth:wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts. -- Psalm 104

Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. --Deuteronomy 14

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,266,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no rational justification for the anti-drug hysteria that exists in many countries. All it does is land people in prison for no good reason. Addiction, when it exists, should be treated as a medical and social problem, not a crime or failure in character.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe for the person that smokes it occasionly it is no problem, thus not a sin?

And probably for the person that smokes it too often and it causes problems in their life it would be a sin?

Anything that we put before God would be sin.

True Alcoholics put booze before God.
True Pot Heads put pot before God.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Mountain, there is no middle road. Sin is absolute. You can only go left or right in the Bible.

Now, that does not mean recreational and medical marijuana should fall in the same category. Biblically it is a sin to want marijuana. That is making an object more important than God. But if He gives it to you to treat pain, of course it is not a sin to get a prescription.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between recreational and medicinal. One dulls the mind, the other dulls the pain.
pharmakeia in the Bible is translated witchcraft and sorcery and is associated with the lake of fire. This is the word we get our modern word pharmacy from. Usually considered to be something that alters the mind. The Bible does talk about how herbs are given for medicine. One passage talks about the healing of the nations. So there does seem to be a distinction. My brother did a study on this and 50% of the drugs we can buy in pill form are found in a China where they are a herb used in tea for healing.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if He gives it to you to treat pain, of course it is not a sin to get a prescription.
A lot of opium based drugs start off as a prescription. People trade off a few days of discomfort for a whole life time of misery.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addiction, when it exists, should be treated as a medical and social problem, not a crime or failure in character.
They treat the addiction with drugs like methadone. Often the tax payers pay for these drugs as a part of a drug treatment program. The average cost for 1 full year of methadone maintenance treatment is approximately $4,700 per patient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A lot of opium based drugs start off as a prescription. People trade off a few days of discomfort for a whole life time of misery.

But taking just a little opium for one week is not a sin if it was prescribed. Trying to get more pills is a sin in the case of opioids.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But taking just a little opium for one week is not a sin if it was prescribed. Trying to get more pills is a sin in the case of opioids.
My father served our community as a doctor for over 50 years. His generation would never prescribe opium based drugs the way this generation is abusing this drug. Our body produces oxytocin a natural hormone that helps us deal with pain. Drugs like oxycotin blocks the oxytocin receptors and this can prevent the body from healing itself. There are people that trade off a few days of uncomfort for a lifetime of misery.

Worse is when people buy the opium based drug after surgery in case they need it and they end up not using their prescription. Then their kids come along and take them and end up taking the whole bottle and getting addicted. This is why our fire chief warns people about leaving prescription drugs lay around where their children can get a hold of them.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoyed my recent trip to a Western state where Marijuana is legal. I visited a dispensary and found the bud-tenders to be very helpful.
I had a very good experience with Marijuana, I would do it again, but only in a safe place and where it is legal to buy and consume. I would not take a trip to a place just to buy weed, but would consider it IF it is legal.

I will have to blog about the experience, the clarity, insight etc. It is too much to go into here

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟966,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:29-30 King James Version (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Upvote 0