Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Paul S said:
St. Martin of Tours, home of the TLM.

Also home to the relics of Ss. Magnus, martyr, and Bonosa, virgin martyr.

I reckon I shall definitly have to make my way over there, its not everyday this baptist gets to view relics. They are viewable, right?

Upvote 0

Paul S

Salve, regina, mater misericordiæ
Sep 12, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟17,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord's Envoy said:
I reckon I shall definitly have to make my way over there, its not everyday this baptist gets to view relics. They are viewable, right?

They're quite viewable. They're in big glass cases below the side altars.

It's rare for a church to have a complete set of relics, unless it's some European church which has had them ever since the saint died. It's much more common to have a small piece of bone or something like that.

The pastor thinks they're slightly creepy, but they're not going anywhere.

It's a beautiful church, with lots of statues and even a few icons. Unfortunately, they're currently uncovered.

While you're there, see if you can figure out which statue is which Apostle. We don't know. ;) Traditionally, they're shown holding some implement, often the instrument of their death, but they've disappeared over the years.

Upvote 0

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Paul S said:
They're quite viewable. They're in big glass cases below the side altars.

It's rare for a church to have a complete set of relics, unless it's some European church which has had them ever since the saint died. It's much more common to have a small piece of bone or something like that.

The pastor thinks they're slightly creepy, but they're not going anywhere.

It's a beautiful church, with lots of statues and even a few icons. Unfortunately, they're currently uncovered.

While you're there, see if you can figure out which statue is which Apostle. We don't know. ;) Traditionally, they're shown holding some implement, often the instrument of their death, but they've disappeared over the years.

I see your church even has the tridentine mass. I must say I am pretty psyched about wanting to get over there now :)

One can understand why he would find a body a little freaky, but I am weird and do not.

Upvote 0

Paul S

Salve, regina, mater misericordiæ
Sep 12, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟17,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord's Envoy said:
I see your church even has the tridentine mass. I must say I am pretty psyched about wanting to get over there now :)

12:30 pm every Sunday and 7:15 am every Tuesday and Thursday.

The Lord's Envoy said:
One can understand why he would find a body a little freaky, but I am weird and do not.

I like them, too. Every altar is supposed to have relics in it, because in the early Church, Mass was always celebrated on the tombs of the martyrs, to better connect the Mass to Calvary.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.