How do you "point your curser" with a smart phone or tablet.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was answering a question about ratings to a member; and told him to look at his profile page and point his curser it the ratings and it would show what each one was for.

This bought back to mind something I was wondering when I was trying to learn how to use my tablet to connect to CF. It; like smart phones; is a touch screen device.

Well; how do you "hover" over things on a web page like you can with a PC and get info that way?

Also like when you point at a web site name and the URL pops up; how do you do that when you don't have a curser arrow to point at it?

• Agree
Reactions: George95

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,397,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I was answering a question about ratings to a member; and told him to look at his profile page and point his curser it the ratings and it would show what each one was for.

This bought back to mind something I was wondering when I was trying to learn how to use my tablet to connect to CF. It; like smart phones; is a touch screen device.

Well; how do you "hover" over things on a web page like you can with a PC and get info that way?

Also like when you point at a web site name and the URL pops up; how do you do that when you don't have a curser arrow to point at it?

There isn’t a way as far as I know to trigger the tool tip pop up for post ratings on mobile. Similarly, that would be the same case for anything like the profile card when you hover someone’s name.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found out; on most touch screens; you can get a "right-click" box to open up if you press down on the screen for a second; and it will pop-up and you can select from the list.

On Amazon Fire tablets; you can do this on some things like icons and names of actions; but it doesn't work on all things; like a web page.

Apparently a Windows based tablet or Android phone will do more this way.

Upvote 0