sparrow1029

beauty for ashes
Nov 8, 2003
Where I'm suppose to be
Visit site
✟549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I use the open door/closed door method :) Basically, if I feel theres something God is compelling me to do, but I'm not totally sure, I ask Him to close doors (i.e. make progress very difficult) if it isn't His will. Then, I just take one step after another, being sensitive to Him in the process. Of course, this is after I check to make sure the thing I'm doing is Biblically sound (and, yes, I know lots of things fall into grey areas). Generally, I find that when it is something God wants me to do, the doors don't just open--they fly open and almost come off their hinges. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: ShetlandRose
Upvote 0

laura_lynn

Oct 16, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
✟15,297.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This reminds me of a billboard I saw once:

"God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called". relevant? :confused:

Many times I have jumped when I thought I felt God calling me to something. And a couple of those times, it seemed like a mistake. But I like to think that no matter what we feel called to do, or no matter what way we decide to witness Jesus Christ, God will bless us. Perhaps not gigantic blessings as in hundreds of lives being changed, but the blessing might take on the form of a new friendship, or one life being impacted by you.

The path is wide open for you baby, trust God while you run out onto it! (corny girl, corny girl)

Upvote 0