Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All is in the title. Please don't bother telling me salvation cannot be lost 'not all that call me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of my father'. Just how can I know I am lost. thanks
When you are truly lost, you would not think you are lost and so you would
have no desire to inquire about being lost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All is in the title. Please don't bother telling me salvation cannot be lost 'not all that call me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of my father'. Just how can I know I am lost. thanks

you can't abuse God's grace; you either receive it or you don't - you never deserve it based on your performance - He's THAT good!

Mat 7:20-23 KJV
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Joh 17:3 KJV
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

i know God; i don't know everything there is to know about Him, but i KNOW Him. salvation doesn't lie in a sinner's prayer, or water baptism, or following His laws as best you can and asking Him to make up the shortfall - salvation is knowing God - do you know Him? if you do, then you know Him to be good; and that makes you want to know Him more and more.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But is there a way to know you've got things out of hands and that you've got to repent so you maintain your salvation
Look, you weren't accepted by God on the basis of your deeds (good or bad) and you don't continue to be accepted by God on the basis them, either. When you trusted in Christ as your Saviour and Lord, God "accepted you in the beloved," who is Christ. God sees you in Christ, clothed in his perfect righteousness, and this - and only this - is why you are accepted by God. Your works have nothing to do with your being saved and they have nothing to do with you staying saved.

You know, the fact that you are asking about the limits to which you can sin suggests you have a very legalistic, fear-based understanding of your relationship to your Heavenly Father. Love doesn't ask, "How far can I offend you before I exhaust your love and grace?" Fear, the kind a prisoner has for the Warden of his prison, wants to know what the limits are; fear asks, "How much can I get away with before the hammer drops?" Out of fear of the Warden, and because he has no love for the Warden, a prisoner will seek to push the rules as far as he can. He must obey the Warden, but he would rather not. So, he looks for any opportunity to get around or ignore the Warden's rules without making the Warden angry enough to punish him. Many "Christians" carry on this way with God. In contrast, people who love their Heavenly Father never ask how much sin is too much. Instead, they take delight in obeying their Father in Heaven because they love Him and know that obeying Him pleases Him. What they want to know is how they can best show their love for their Heavenly Father. Loving God well means you never have to worry about crossing sin-lines.

The First and Great Commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. (Matt. 22:38) Consider how well you are keeping this commandment and you'll have a good idea where you're at in your relationship with God.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perfect love casts out fear, for fear brings torment.

When Jesus first came for you, remember that first love. Keep on remembering that. That is why we christians take communion (or Lord's supper). If you've somehow forgotten that he saved you, go partake. Go the supermarket, buy some grape juice and crackers and eat and drink in remberance of him and be thankful.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
thank you so much for your answers.

But is there a way to know you've got things out of hands and that you've got to repent so you maintain your salvation

If you knowingly sin because you figure Jesus' sacrifice is like a get-out-of-jail free card, then you probably know.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thank you so much for your answers.

Christians can and do disobey God and His desire that they
walk in His way as shown to us by Christ in His life and teachings
but that doesn't mean you are lost.

Have you denied Christ?

If you still have faith in Christ for your salvation from damnation,
then you are still a part of God's family and are one of His adopted children.

God doesn't turn away from you ever.

You would have to turn your back on Him and yet, God would still love
you so much that He would not force you to love Him back or be with Him
in eternity if you chose to deny Him, denounce Him or despise Him
to the point that you would never want to be in eternity with Him.

It takes a lot for a person who has accepted Christ and His Father into
their life and known His goodness, mercy and grace, to then turn away
in such a way that they totally reject God and their adoption as a child of God.

You know that when you sin that you are wrong and doing something
that God as your heavenly Father disapproves of but this doesn't mean
that God turns His back on you as His child.

What it does mean is that you do not really believe that your Heavenly
Father can be trusted with your life.
It means that if you did surrender your sinful desire to Him,
you do not trust that He would give you something far
more fulfilling and rewarding to replace the sin that you have given to Him.

God wants a relationship with you that is based in trust but you have to be willing
to give God the chance to work His blessings in your life by being obedient
to His promptings to let go of your sins and trust that God knows what He is doing.

If you can say to me or others that you believe in Jesus Christ alone
for your right standing before God and that Jesus Christ is Lord, then
you belong to God and are His child.

Matthew 10:32
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 12
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed,
and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To me the idea of "abusing God's grace" means that you are taking it for advantage. It speaks to a certain about of disregard or callousness about your sin and his forgiveness. As others have already alluded to, if you think you may have done this or your conscious is bothering you then your probably not there.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Rejecting the Christ as Savior is abusing God's grace. Purposely refusing to admit that a sin (that God has declared to be sinful) is not a sin is also an abuse.

Upvote 0

Philpy1976

May 3, 2013
England
✟16,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever been tempted to do something that you know is wrong?
Have you ever given into that temptation and told yourself beforehand that "Its ok, you can get away with it because of Jesus' sacrifice"

THAT would be abusing His grace.

We all make mistakes, we all fall short, but we should never knowingly sin just because we can get away with it. The Holy Spirit dwells inside of us and has to live through us.
When you knowingly sin, you are practically making the Spirit join in!

As our walk with Christ continues we should be able to see gradual changes in our way of life, "fruits of sanctification" if you will.....

Upvote 0