Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,595.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I stand before the judgement seat of Christ, and I hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant", then I will know that I am saved.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many believe that they do not know if they are SAVED ?

#2 Many say that they have been water baptized , so they are saved ?

#3 And I have heard them say that they are Sanctified

#4 And some do believe , that going to Church , protects them , so they believe that they are OK

#5 Some do not care , so what ?

So , can anyone , have a verse that explains HOW you know use are SAVED TODAY ??

DAN P
I know the indwelling Holy Spirit is within me.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

#4 And some do believe , that going to Church , protects them , so they believe that they are OK

So , can anyone , have a verse that explains HOW you know use are SAVED TODAY ??

DAN P
One may hope that they will receive salvation. This is saint Paul's message when he writes: "It must be so, since our salvation is founded upon the hope of something. Hope would not be hope at all if its object were in view; how could a man still hope for something which he sees?" (Romans 8:24). But many wish for certainty and presume to know who is saved and by implication who is not.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One may hope that they will receive salvation. This is saint Paul's message when he writes: "It must be so, since our salvation is founded upon the hope of something. Hope would not be hope at all if its object were in view; how could a man still hope for something which he sees?" (Romans 8:24). But many wish for certainty and presume to know who is saved and by implication who is not.
But Rom 8:24 says that Hope being seen is NOT // OV a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means NOT EVER and why also does he HOPE ??

dan p

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
When I stand before the judgement seat of Christ, and I hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant", then I will know that I am saved.

This and only this.

As we pray in the litanies of the compline in the Agpeya (Coptic Horologion/Book of the Hours):

Behold, I am about to stand before the Just Judge, terrified and trembling because of my many sins. For a life spent in pleasures deserves condemnation. But repent, O my soul, so long as you dwell on this earth, for inside the grave, dust does not praise. And among the dead, no one remembers, neither in hades does anyone give thanks. Therefore arise from the slumber of laziness, and entreat the Savior, repenting and saying, “God, have mercy on me and save me.”

Upvote 0

A Devil's Advocate

Nov 2, 2023
Alberta
✟12,785.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 10:9

Salvation is not based on a feelings. We can feel like we are saved one day and then the very opposite the following day. It's about having faith in the word of God. Trusting what scripture says regardless of feelings.
That aside, if you weren't saved you most likely wouldn't be concerned either way.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Amen! I cannot wait for that day. :)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! I cannot wait for that day. :)
Rom 8:16 has the proof of our salvation !

#1 THE // is a DEFINITE ARTICLE that is pointing to the next Greek word , SPIRIT and THE is in the NOMINATIVE CASE

#2 SPIRIT // PNEUMA in the NOMINATIVE CASE is the subject , SPEAKING ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

#3 HINSELF // AUTOS , is a PERSONAL POSESSIVE PRONOUN in the NOMINATIVE CASE

#4 BEARETH WITNESS // SYMMARTYREO , is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and it means right now , ACTIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD

#5 WITH OUR // HEMON , is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , in the GENTIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

#6 SPIRIT // PNEUMA is speaking about our spirit , in the DATIVE CASE , , in the SINGULAR

#7 WE ARE // ESMEN , is in the PRESENT TENSE , it means NOW , in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means that we are the children of God .

#8 THE CHILDREN // TEKNON , in the NOMINATIVE CASE , PLURAL and in the NEUTER , that means Male and Female

#9 OF GOD // THEOS , in the GENTIVE CASE in the SINGULAR .

Also read Rom 8:27 and 28 are very revealing .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DAN P
Dan I’m sure by now you read the account of the man that asked Christ about being born again. He couldn’t understand the proceeds or how could a person enter into his mother’s womb and born again. Christ responded with there is a watery birth. This is the birth when we come from our mother’s womb. Then he said to him in John 3 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Now Peter also explains being born again. 1 Peter 1 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Do you remember how Christ told those in Jerusalem, destroy this temple and I will build it back in 3 days. He spoke of the body. The father would no longer dwell in a building but in us making us his temple. This is also defined as eternal life. That is the Father and Son living in us through his Holy Spirit.
Let me say this in helping you when looking at the gospels. We have Matthew, mark Luke and John. Now Luke was not an apostle but his writing were included in the four gospels. None of them carried paper and pen around with them during Christ’s ministry. It was after some time they wrote their accounts. They wrote as they recalled the teachings of Christ. This is why you see where one read says something and in another gospel you see more information concerning the account.
In John 17 the writer writes what Christ sops about eternal life. He even gives us the definition of it. It is in chapter 14 where one of his disciples asked him concerning eternal life. You see the definition was given in 17 but the question came in 14.
If you take Matthew 24 and not read what is written in Luke concerning the samething you would read Matthew 24 in the order given. You would not know Luke divides the account putting them in their proper order.
Understand this to the early Christians did not have what we call the Bible today. All they had were letters written to them and also the revelation given to the by John. The revelation says in the very first chapter that it was the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Always seek the truth from above. When you throw out a question you will get several views. God is not the author of confusion but of truth. You have many views some in part and some obtained through human reasoning. Let the Father reveal the truth to you.
Let what I said be proven by the Father. Seek his truth.

Upvote 0

Emerald518

Feb 24, 2018
Akron, Ohio
✟32,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Going to use my own personal testimony to answer this one...

I decided to follow Christ in 2013 after a series of events turned my life upside down, leaving me broken and wanting answers. I then spent the next two years being spiritually, mentally-emotionally and psychologically abused and manipulated by a cult that I got sucked into joining by a family member with exploitative intentions toward me and an agenda and escaped in 2015 after getting to the place where I was seriously considering ending my life. While I was in that cult, I had several experiences with God where He revealed Himself to me, but I could never believe the things I was being shown because of how deep in darkness I was. I didn't grow spiritually there and when I left, I went into a period of rebellion where I did whatever I wanted and couldn't care less about God....but God wasn't done with me...

After I'd decompressed from all of the trauma I'd been through, I got to a point where I started to want God in my life and a relationship with Him, but I was understandably wary because of my experiences. A friend invited me to start going to a church she'd recently started attending at the time and the first Sunday I was there, I felt safe and had a peace deep down that I didn't ever remember ever feeling when I was in the cult. I later decided to join this church officially and had to be baptized for membership since I hadn't been in the cult...and the day I did was one of the best days of my life....that day, I had an experience with God where He showed me who He was and poured out His love on me in a way that I can't even begin to put into words, and I also had what I realized later was demonic oppression lifted off of me that I'd been under while stuck in the cult...and from there, everything was a complete 180.

I struggled to understand the Bible while in the cult, but after being baptized, all I had to do was GLANCE at a passage of scripture and know what the context was and what it meant and the fruits of the spirit were evident in me almost immediately after I came up out of the water...then, later on, I asked God to know whether or not I was truly saved and immediately a scripture popped into my mind...Romans 8:16.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

DAN P
Matthew 24:13; Matthew 10:22; Mark 13:13; Luke 21:19; Hebrews 10:36; Revelation 2:10

Upvote 0