NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
What about creation? Anyone else think we can look to creation to understand that God is good?
Looking at the Creation account in Genesis 1 did. I was suffering severe depression and saw God in a wrong light - mainly because I was brought up to believe that most people would go to Heaven, and then heard that we are on our way to hell if we don't accept the Lord. I had tried to obey Him all my life, so I couldn't reconcile a loving God with the existence of hell and the fact that some of my deceased loved ones may have gone there. I still struggle with the idea but reading Genesis 1 slowly, and pausing every time it said that 'God saw that it was good', made me realise that He had created a wonderful world for us, with no problems, and that it was man and Satan who messed it up. That helped me see God as loving.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's say you're trying to convince a sinner who has somehow gotten the wrong impression. Maybe he's afraid God hates him, or is out to get him.

How do you make your case and convince him otherwise?

John 3:16

Because God loved us He sent His Son to die for us, even no one of us deserved it. That is how good God is: He gave His most loved for us. The cross is the proof God is good and an awesome God.

• Agree
Reactions: TheWhat?
Upvote 0