Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's say you're trying to convince a sinner who has somehow gotten the wrong impression. Maybe he's afraid God hates him, or is out to get him.

How do you make your case and convince him otherwise?
Technically, doesn’t God take a fairly negative view of sin and those that “walk in sin”?
Perhaps “a sinner” has something to be worried about and needs to hear the “GOOD NEWS”:

[Romans 10:8-13 NASB95] 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same [Lord] is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Technically, doesn’t God take a fairly negative view of sin and those that “walk in sin”?
Perhaps “a sinner” has something to be worried about and needs to hear the “GOOD NEWS”:

[Romans 10:8-13 NASB95] 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same [Lord] is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

But what if a sinner calls on the name of the Lord?

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another thought: Adam was created outside the garden (in our world) and placed into the garden. I don't know the significance of this but it's worth pondering.

Interesting point

Because they and us need to consume protein and meat is the best source of it especially in environments where a variety of vegetation is not plentiful.

I thank God I live in a desert.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
Understandable but the truly famished lose their sense of ethics.
I get that. I was on an extreme diet once and wanted to eat my pet turtle. Would I have felt the same if I was in a lush garden? No.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Lord Jesus ate fish. God 10, vegans nil.
Christ made the animals. He is just partaking of the fruits of his labor. Maybe that's why he allows us to eat meat too, because we cooperate with him in producing them. Christ eats us too and we eat him in the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Yes even human life does not seem all that important to Him so perhaps man is missing something in trying to outguess Him. Do the people behind the characters in a videogame suffer when their character becomes toast? Perhaps instead of putting ourselves into a virtual reality, we are instead created in that reality and then come out of it. Who knows how the mind of God works?
Except that God became one of those video game characters

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Smaller game but you don't need the fat store for winter so.....

Those are my forest friends though. Maybe I could in dire need but I don't hunt.

As long as it doesn't have a face I'm ok with eating it. Except fish. I'll eat a pound of fish any day, I don't care if it has a face or not.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Those are my forest friends though. Maybe I could in dire need but I don't hunt.

As long as it doesn't have a face I'm ok with eating it. Except fish. I'll eat a pound of fish any day, I don't care if it has a face or not.
I am a vegetarian. Mostly because eating meat grosses me out. I neither like the taste or the texture.
I found that apes don't eat meat either but they have canines:
PSX_20211126_225355.jpg

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a vegetarian. Mostly because eating meat grosses me out. I neither like the taste or the texture.
I found that apes don't eat meat either but they have canines:
View attachment 308824

Sorry to hear, but hey it's probably good for you.

I could probably survive as a vegetarian as long as I can have all the fish I want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes even human life does not seem all that important to Him so perhaps man is missing something in trying to outguess Him. Do the people behind the characters in a videogame suffer when their character becomes toast? Perhaps instead of putting ourselves into a virtual reality, we are instead created in that reality and then come out of it. Who knows how the mind of God works?
If human life means little, why did God bother to save us? He could have rendered Adam and Eve sterile and let them die out. That would have saved a whole lot of pain for the Lord Jesus. No one can outguess God. He's way too smart for us. And anyway, He knows the end of everything. We do not.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Right. It was to nature that I was referring since the question asked was about creation.

They live first for God and for themselves, not us. Our original diet was vegetarian. I don't know why God allows us to eat animals or them to eat each other.
It's because of the fall. Everything changed, including our metabolism.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Adam was created outside the garden (in our world) and placed into the garden. I don't know the significance of this but it's worth pondering.
Perhaps he didn't have papers and could be paid less.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I could probably survive as a vegetarian as long as I can have all the fish I want.
My brother refuses to eat anything with eyes but I caught him eating potatoes.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think I need to convince anybody. I think those who are called by God won’t need much convincing, they will be saved with my help or with help of someone else. God has taken care of everything before hand. I would propably say that ”because I know God” and that’s the reason I know God is good.
God renews our mind so we can understand His work better, you can’t understand His work with your earthly mind.

Something like that.

Upvote 0