How do you know if you did Revelation 19 and 20?

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Is this an easy thing to do and very easy thing to do on accident?

From what I take from it, is your not allowed to rewrite the Bible changing, adding or taking away.

But it may even go further than that. I don't know, it's not being very descriptive.
Adding to scripture refers to the prophetic words in the Book of Revelation and not the Bible.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

From what I take from it, is your not allowed to rewrite the Bible changing, adding or taking away.

But it may even go further than that. I don't know, it's not being very descriptive.

Rev 19 is the second coming and Rev 20:1-5 is the first resurrection which is the one that happens at the Rev 19 second coming.

(No chapter divisions in John's text)

Rev 20 is the desolate Earth millennium followed by the second resurrection and great white throne judgment where all the wicked are cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Odd how the authors of books like Left Behind forgot that part of Revelations. Unless they're excusing it as fan-fiction of a future event that will devastate billions of people and leave them to a terrible fate.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rev 19 is the second coming and Rev 20:1-5 is the first resurrection which is the one that happens at the Rev 19 second coming.

(No chapter divisions in John's text)

Rev 20 is the desolate Earth millennium followed by the second resurrection and great white throne judgment where all the wicked are cast into the lake of fire.

I believe OP meant Revelation 22:18-19

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Adding to scripture refers to the prophetic words in the Book of Revelation and not the Bible.

I've always wondered what was true there, the Bible or just Revelation?

How did you determine it applies only to revaluation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've always wondered what was true there, the Bible or just Revelation?

How did you determine it applies only to revaluation?

It applies to all of scripture -- but John certainly meant it for Revelation for the reader. Later John write the Gospel of John - and the same rule applies (no editing deleting changing scripture)

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

If you rewrite the bible to give it some other meaning.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lets take OSAS for instance... every time someone changes, takes away from or adds to the scripture just enough to make the lie stick, God will require of them a serious, and very high price.

Unfortunately those who would push the easy doctrine they love so much, don't seem to get that.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

in which manuscript variation of the book of Revelation? whoever made it so confusing to figure out what the real deal is, probably already got it. We're not responsible.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in which manuscript variation of the book of Revelation? whoever made it so confusing to figure out what the real deal is, probably already got it. We're not responsible.

I use the Textus Receptus.

I just want to write Greek to study the Greek language, and wanted to do it in a fun way by reading the Bible in Greek and Writing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I use the Textus Receptus.

I just want to write Greek to study the Greek language, and wanted to do it in a fun way by reading the Bible in Greek and Writing it.
Textus Receptus was a medley of the manuscripts that were available in 1516

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Lets take OSAS for instance... every time someone changes, takes away from or adds to the scripture just enough to make the lie stick, God will require of them a serious, and very high price.

Unfortunately those who would push the easy doctrine they love so much, don't seem to get that.
This perfectly illustrates the change of worship from Sabbath the 7th day to Sunday the 1st day. No where in the Bible is this change noted and the catholic church fully admits that it did so on it's own authority and not from scripture.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I heard the Textus Receptus is the Manuscript that is used by the Orthodox Church.
I picked my Orthodox Study Bible off the shelf.

To confirm, it uses the Septuagint for the Old Testament, and the NKJV for the New Testament.

Upvote 0