How do you know God's will for you?

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Garnet2727 said:
I *think* what I'm reading is that it really is a combination of things. The Word, prayer, stillness and submission just to name a few. It also looks to me that God manifests Himself differently in each believer's life?

Good question. I think God interacts with us each in a different way depending on our station in life, our personalities, our degree of understanding, and the length of time we've been a Christian, just to name a few.

Upvote 0

Garnet2727

Illogical, irrational, reprobate
Oct 4, 2004
Lansing, MI
✟13,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All..I'm sorry for the delayed response. And it isn't much of a response. I've come down with a mind-numbing, body-aching, fever-running, nasty-stuff-coming-out-of-my-head cold.

Yes I'm whining. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.

Seriously though, the responses I've received are due more consideration and thought than I can give them right now. I'll come back to read them again when I feel better.

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Garnet2727 said:
In a thread in GA there was quite a discussion regarding a personal relationship with Jesus and knowing God's will. I'd like to understand how you as a Christian hear God or know that the Holy Spirit is working in you or know God's will for your life.

I hope this makes sense. I'm a little under the weather and not all that coherent at the moment.
You ask how i hear God are how the holy spirit is working in you.

Well first off you haft to have the holy spirit in order for God to speak to you.Its our connection to God.

The first question i ever ask God that was a long time back is i wont the truth about life and the bible.

He gave me the answer thru impressions into my mind as i was reading a book with Gods words in it .it
wasent the bible i was reading but it had in it what
the bible says.

That was before i received the Holy Spirit We haft to be careful here because satan can speak into our minds also,thats why we as Christians need the Holy
Spirit .
God speaks into our spirit not our minds if we have
the holy spirit.
Satan can speak into ours minds thats why i dont run with every thing i am thinking until i compare it with
what the holy bible teaches

If you have the holy spirit you will have a prayer language also God speaks words into your spirit and
you speak them.from your spirit not your mind.

As is the case with me i have gift 7 of the nine gifts
of the spirit I operate in that gift.

God also can speak into your spirit in english to.usually it the prayer language he uses.He has
change from prayer language to english in one sentance with me some time.

Also he will inform those he wonts to know certain things that he hasent told everyone.By his spirit that
dwells in a Christian.

He also shows me about satans angels and who their on.Not all the time only in his time frame.
this is gift 7 of the 9 in operation.

The last thing he told me in english is to tell his people he is coming,and he also said what is coming can hurt his people.

He is talking about bringing America under a judgment call.

God has a place for everyone in his body and its he and he along that places you there.where he wonts you.

Of course the closer you are the more he can talk to you.

You probely wont believe this but every morning when i wake up he say hya every morning it hard not
to know hes not there when he speaks in english to you.

He waits on us most of the time if we start it he will
carry on with us.

Also if something coming up about the end of the age
he will inform those he wonts to know about this.

Also Gods Angels get involve with a christian when he request them.He knows what we have on our mind
even before we speak it.

Upvote 0

S682

Dec 6, 2004
Turlock, California
✟990.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever prayed and prayed, get no answer, then after awhile, pray some more (about the same thing here)....and BAM, instant answer? It happened to me, and was shocking at the time, because I was beginning to believe there was no answer to the problem. It was just the timing I was misunderstanding, I guess. :)

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My dear sister....this life can be quite confusing can't it? Life can be a pain...and to hear God's voice, it is quite a struggle. But for me....I have talked to a good friend of mine a few times and he has helped to lead me in the right direction. As for my path in life...and what God wants me to do with it...I know what I am good at and what my passions are. And although one of my passions is music and I want to go into the music industry as a columnist...I know that this is not meant for me...I am meant for the realm of psychology....this is where I am meant to be. How do I know? Because if I go this way...I will help people and it is something I am good at. People are my passion as much as music. I love music...but people mean more to me...(which says a lot because I love music like crazy) and God has instilled this knowledge in me. Go to a church and ask for one of those tests to see what you are good at. Or find a survey online on what you are good at and what job you should have. Things like that. That can help. God CAN use things like that. May God guide you with his loving grace.

Upvote 0

Garnet2727

Illogical, irrational, reprobate
Oct 4, 2004
Lansing, MI
✟13,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the new responses. I'm not sure what to say to these that I haven't said before. It really looks to me that each believer perceives God's will in his or her own way.

My cold is getting better...but it's still hanging on in the form of a rather nasty cough. At least the fever is gone!

Upvote 0

Emma!

Veteran
Nov 3, 2003
✟9,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Garnet2727 said:
I'd like to understand how you as a Christian hear God or know that the Holy Spirit is working in you or know God's will for your life.
God speaks in MANY ways to Christians. Sometimes people arent listening to Him though. :doh: Here are a few off the top of my head.

Praying in the Spirit (the Holy Spirit will put things in your heart to pray for without you even thinking of them etc).

Praying in a Spiritual tongue (a language of the Holy Spirit).

Giving you a word of knowledge about a situation or person that there is no way that you could have known by your self (so you can be an encouragement to the person or pray for them etc).

Give visions that are very vivid and nothing you thought of or were even thinking about etc. (can be a vision in pic form or in word form).

Give prophetic dreams that later come to pass.

Lead you to a verse in His Word.

Hear His voice.

Give you a deep, deep 'feeling' about things that are answers etc... (God speaks to you Spirit, so its kind of hard to describe how it is....i hope this helped though).

There are many other ways too,
Oh, speaking through others.....etc

How do Christians know His will....well it says in the Bible that we know His will through the 'renewing' of our minds, this is done through the Bible. It can also be looked at like this:

If you have a friend, the closer you get to that friend and the more time you spend with them the more and more you will get to know them....their likes and dislikes, their passions and what makes them cry and laugh...etc you will get to know their hearts desires (their will).

Its the same with God, thats how we get to know His hearts desire and His Will.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Garnet2727 said:
In a thread in GA there was quite a discussion regarding a personal relationship with Jesus and knowing God's will. I'd like to understand how you as a Christian hear God
We do not hear God. But we read the Bible and understand his answers.

Garnet2727 said:
or know that the Holy Spirit is working in you
somehow we can apply the Bible in life and it works
Garnet2727 said:
or know God's will for your life.

God will not reveal to someone his specific will for him without that someone proving that he is obedient to God's general will - which is in the Bible.

Thanks,
Ed

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Garnet2727 said:
Thanks for the new responses. I'm not sure what to say to these that I haven't said before. It really looks to me that each believer perceives God's will in his or her own way.

My cold is getting better...but it's still hanging on in the form of a rather nasty cough. At least the fever is gone!
There really is only one common way of understanding God - through the Bible. All the Christians agree on that.
Thanks,
Ed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Brother Charlie said:
yes, but I still dont know God's will...no one does, at least in this life. Man can't even come close to understanding God's creations, much less God himself
We might not know God's every will but we do know his general will to us in the Bible. The will of God for Brother Charlie and I for example, is not to steal.

Thanks,
Ed

Upvote 0