✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's why I said

I'm interested in hearing Bob S's experiences. He may have only interacted with a tiny percentage of the 20 million.

But it's like someone going to visit Japan. They come back, and you ask them what it was like. They didn't meet every single Japanese person, but they have some ideas about the culture.

In the same way, Bob S will have insights into the culture he spent 40 years in.

Of course, you can share your experiences, too.

If it becomes a lot of posts, we can move over to the denomination specific theology section, or something.
It still won’t change our own responsibility or how we will be judged. Sounds like gossip to me which is not something we should be doing, but we have free will.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It still won’t change our own responsibility or how we will be judged. Sounds like gossip to me which is not something we should be doing, but we have free will.
Well, I wasn't talking about being judged. When someone puts forward a lifestyle, it's often helpful to learn how people actually trying to live the lifestyle are succeeding.

Like if someone was heavily involved in a health and wealth Church, it would be interesting to know how many stories they heard about people going to the doctor or dentist.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yes, it would be gossip if it's details about a particular person that we know.

But just like our hypothetical tourist, talking about the culture of Japan isn't gossiping.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And yes, it would be gossip if it's details about a particular person that we know.

But just like our hypothetical tourist, talking about the culture of Japan isn't gossiping.
Gossip is gossip and hearsay are not facts. Take care.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gossip is gossip and hearsay are not facts. Take care.
I don't think describing a culture and gossip are the same thing.

A person describing their experiences is a fact. "I went to Japan and was amazed at how clean it was." My amazement is a fact.

Reporting one's experiences isn't hearsay imo
hearsay - definition and meaning

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't think describing a culture and gossip are the same thing.

A person describing their experiences is a fact. "I went to Japan and was amazed at how clean it was." My amazement is a fact.

Reporting one's experiences isn't hearsay imo
hearsay - definition and meaning
One persons perspective is not 20 million. Sometimes churches has to make tough decisions if a member is disrupting the flock. There are unhappy ex-members of every denomination, it happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One persons perspective is not 20 million. Sometimes churches has to make tough decision if a member is disrupting the flock. There are unhappy ex-members of every denomination, it happens.
Very true! And as active listeners, we take all those things into account.

Our brother Bob S hasn't written anything on this thread since #57. I'd like for us to adopt a wait and see attitude.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of the twenty million SDAs around the World how many would you say actually keep the Sabbath according to the standards of Law? I have a good idea

I was about to say that no one here speaks for 20 million people... but apparently you are going down that road...

Ok well you have free will and can choose whatever you wish.

Currently I am more focused on the OP -- topic.

So I pretty much did nothing except for lay around yesterday, and take naps. I felt like that was a good Saturday activity to keep Holy the Sabbath, after a long week of hard physical work. I wake up at 4AM, and work in 100° heat all day, so a day of rest is actually extremely helpful.

I've read online, that some people go as far as to not shower or even flush the toilet on Saturday, as those things are considered work? But if that's the case, why drive a car to church on the Sabbath, when one can pray at home, and not have to drive?

Just curious how we're supposed to do this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was about to say that no one here speaks for 20 million people... but apparently you are going down that road...

Ok well you have free will and can choose whatever you wish.

Currently I am more focused on the OP -- topic.
On that note, did you want to talk about what you personally did, or just keep it general?

• Useful
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I pretty much did nothing except for lay around yesterday, and take naps. I felt like that was a good Saturday activity to keep Holy the Sabbath, after a long week of hard physical work. I wake up at 4AM, and work in 100° heat all day, so a day of rest is actually extremely helpful.

I've read online, that some people go as far as to not shower or even flush the toilet on Saturday, as those things are considered work? But if that's the case, why drive a car to church on the Sabbath, when one can pray at home, and not have to drive?

Just curious how we're supposed to do this.
this begs the question are our efforts, regardless of what they are, worthy enough to keep something holy?

Upvote 0