Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunately it's not a single test - it's a syndrome which basically means it's a group of symptoms. Some women have insulin resistance, some don't, which is checked on some blood tests. Most women have cysts on their ovaries, which they check via ultrasound. Some have acne, and skin tags. There are other symptoms that are slipping my mind right now.

I'm not sure how you'd go about getting tested w/o insurance, b/c it can get quite expensive quickly. Most general Drs wouldn't even want to test for it, they would send you to either a Reproductive Endo, or a regular Endo if you aren't trying to get pregnant.

A site that I would recomend is soulcysters.net (and .com). The .net is mainly a message board, but you can get information from ladies that have it, and herbal remedies. The .com site is more offical information. Both are great.

Upvote 0

Ornela

Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
✟8,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfortunately it's not a single test - it's a syndrome which basically means it's a group of symptoms. Some women have insulin resistance, some don't, which is checked on some blood tests. Most women have cysts on their ovaries, which they check via ultrasound. Some have acne, and skin tags. There are other symptoms that are slipping my mind right now.

I'm not sure how you'd go about getting tested w/o insurance, b/c it can get quite expensive quickly. Most general Drs wouldn't even want to test for it, they would send you to either a Reproductive Endo, or a regular Endo if you aren't trying to get pregnant.

A site that I would recomend is soulcysters.net (and .com). The .net is mainly a message board, but you can get information from ladies that have it, and herbal remedies. The .com site is more offical information. Both are great.

Actually I do have acne and I do have irregular periods.

Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
High testosterone and a tendancy to be heavier are also symptoms. Irregular or absent cycles...ack! The rest is slipping my mind. My ob/gyn basically listened to my symptoms and said that yes, I likely had it but that he wasn't going to put me through the process of testing unless I just felt I had to have it. He DID however diagnose me with chronic annov.

Upvote 0