How do you get rid of bad spirits and demonic thoughts from within?

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes - I know very well about sowing into the flesh is going to have nothing but heartache and corruption! I KNOW THIS VERY WELL.

Living in the spirit is what I am in the PRESS of doing - it is not overnight - I need to immerse in the word to be fully competent.

Surrounding myself with Godly things - reciting verses - listening to Bible readings whilst working - whatever it is so I have that NEW MIND!

Have constant WORD BATHS (John 15:3)

Understanding that Christ is on my team and he is my salvation and he is my redeemer and HE makes up for ALL MY ERRORS AND MISTAKES! (That is brilliant).

Cos not many people on planet earth would have patience for my mistakes (my mother only person I could vouch on that is it) but Christ certainly would!

He is my ransom!

But I am in process! Soaking in the spirit and word.

It's easy to confuse demons with the flesh (unrenewed mind). We constantly battle the flesh all day long. here's what the flesh launches at you.

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19–21 (KJV 1900)

Now, if you are born again you have this inner good from God you can choose to obey instead of the flesh.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Galatians 5:22–25 (KJV 1900)

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stress can even dump your prayer, as per Peter 2.
I did dump prayers for a few days just thinking.

I ran into an angel (A Pastor in the park was spreading gospel) had a long talk with him - gave me a charge - now I have his number - he is like my spiritual doctor - he said I can call him anytime! So I am glad for that!
Not many people give their time to people like that for free!

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find confessing sins (1 John 1:9) helpful when dealing with recurring evil thoughts. It's like they grow from somewhere, but when there's nothing for them to grow from, they at least quiet down.

In terms of praying without ceasing, the idiom used apparently is also used when describing a hacking cough. So it's like saying pray so often that it becomes an involuntary reflex.
Thanks for letting me know.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am born again in the sense of YES I BELIEVE CHRIST IS OUR SAVIOUR! Yes! Again - I am just going through a recovery right now! So everything is inside out at times.

But a pastor told me in order for me to accelerate from this position I must read the word - soak myself in the word - some point this week I must do a 24 hour fasting - to get myself closer to Lord.

Well, studying the Bible - not just reading it - is a really important practice. But it isn't the First and Great Commandment that God gives to us. No, the First and Great Commandment is to love God with all of your being. (Matthew 22:36-38) If you try to be obedient to God in other ways, but not in this one, you will soon find your efforts to live in a Christian way frustrating and a burden instead of the joyful experience that obedience to God is when you love Him. Read your Bible. Absolutely. Read it often. But do not forget to obey the First and Great Commandment.

Fasting will not move you closer to God. Only surrender to Him moment-by-moment through each day does that (Romans 12:1; James 4:7-10; 1 Peter 5:6). And it's not that you are made any closer to Him physically by surrender, but that you open your life by submitting yourself to God's will and way to the transforming work of God's Spirit. And as you are changed by the power of the Spirit, you will enjoy deeper and deeper fellowship with Him. But, again, this isn't something fasting can do.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture is used to promote what you already are - if you are a coward you will find verses to support being a coward - if you are extrovert you will find verses to support that - if you are an introvert you will find verses to support that - if you are militant you will find verses to support that.

Psalm 1:1-2, "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

With respect, you are incorrect and such statements would be blasphemy, an immoral abuse of holy words. Scripture is the word of God, not the word of man. - 'Let God be true and every man a liar.' (Rom. 3:4)

There is no excuse and no justification for (civilian) violence in Scripture: "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." (Ps. 11:5)

All the characteristics and intentions you have mentioned, violence, 'militantism', machismo & cowardice, bravado, impulsivity, anger, hatred, & resentment, are not Scriptural and are not Christ-like traits. They are traits of the enemy.

The phrase 'fight or flight' may be useful here, remembering when the Lord himself came close to being pushed off a cliff by a mob of Jews, and he fled.

"And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. But he passing through the midst of them went his way,"
(Lk. 4:28-30) -- This is what believers do. Slip away and flee.

Hence, the Lord in Revelation actually condemns false Jews as 'Synagogues of Satan' (Rev. 2:9, 3:9)... and in history certain Jewish groups have been more the violent towards Christians than Romans were.

Also, many do not condone the current State of Israel and it's pre-emptive and premeditated violence, against unarmed Palestinians, women, children, innocent by standers, sleeping in their beds...

Jesus is the Prince of Peace, not a god of war.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isa. 9:6)

The Lord's OT commandment was to receive strangers, per Shmitta law, law of hospitality, like Abraham and Sodom receiving angels unaware... The Lords house has 'many rooms', and we replicate this and mimic him...

The God of the Bible is a liberator, but the State of Israel is an oppressor, a murderous regime. The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine - Wikipedia

One recent case:

"Nearly 2,000 innocent people killed by the Israeli military with weapons provided by the US government. “The loss of children has been particularly heartbreaking,” said Susan Rice, US Ambassador to the United Nations, of dead little boys and girls—more than 400 of them—being stacked on top of one another in a freezer meant for ice cream because Gaza's morgues are overflowing with corpses." (Israel's War on Palestine: It's Bad, but Is It 'Genocide'?)

But yes, of course fights happen, but we're commanded to compensate for damages, for personal injury. See details in Exodus 21, Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 21 - King James Version. But since most unfortunately don't have access to church courts we default to Civil courts, being citizens & wards of the state...

None of Scripture condones violence....

But Scripture does make allowances for the kind of brawl you're implying, and the compensation is similar, as long as the other bloke isn't dead. You must compensate for TIME and his HEALING, similar to the Good Samaritan.

"And if men strive together, and one smite another with a stone, or with his fist, and he die not, but keepeth his bed: If he rise again, and walk abroad upon his staff, then shall he that smote him be quit: only he shall pay for the loss of his time, and shall cause him to be thoroughly healed."

Desperate situations may require 'reasonable force' may be what you should apply, instead of 'wanting a fight'. But again, the best example is the Lord's and David's in that it's best to DUCK AWAY & RUN.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello J

You won't get to where you want to be by the things you are trying or being advised to do. That is, fasting, praying and reading scripture. Of course, those activities are better than drinking, gambling and fighting.

That is because they are attempts to improve on your 'flesh' and the only answer to your ''old man' or your old nature that has been bruised, damaged and ripped apart by the failed relationship, is that you reckon it dead.

You have been living your life in the flesh mode, and you have now been given the gift of changing this if you want to enough and that is key. Oh things will improve if you go on, that is if you avoid responding to a pretty face, and realise women are off bounds for now till you do some healing.

Things will just slowly get back on track and become more of the same. Or you can put off the old and put on the new. It would help you to understand just how different that new is by taking Paul's witness seriously, and other saints writings from the past who tell of their crisis and the way they were transformed in a moment. They received holiness imparted from the Lord, that is to say, real holiness not just positional holiness which is what is usually on offer.

ItsI up to you. How much do you want it and are willing to sacrifice? It takes everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, do you love God with all of your being? Do you desire Him more than anything else? Do you want to know and fellowship with Him no matter the cost? This is where walking with God begins: love (Matthew 22:36-38; 1 Corinthians 13:1-3; 1 John 4:16-19). But loving God as you ought means dying to your Self, to your rights, goals, desires and dreams (Matthew 16:24-25). But in this dying you will enter into the abundant life God has always intended that you should have in Christ Jesus. This is God's way: we go high with Him by getting low before Him; the least in His kingdom will be the greatest; in dying one finds life. Sink your teeth into these things and you'll understand the essentials of being a disciple of Christ.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I feel that I am beyond help at times........................

Times I have the right mentality and approach then other times my mind goes back to a past where I feel I would be able to handle business in a way that would satisfy me (though I know that would end in a train wreck).

Same time, I know Christ is needed - but I REALLY wish he could be with me PHYSICALLY for just 10 minutes to speak to and heal and mend.

People will say *that would be too easy* well when we need help for something (if a child needs help with their maths homework and asks) we wouldn't tell that child *THAT WOULD BE TOO EASY* No! We help!

Sometimes we need DEVIND assistance.

I didn't read the other replies since there are so many, but the Scripture that comes to mind as I read your post is 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight" He wants to guide us by His Word and as we depend on Him by prayer. Ten minutes with Him today would not be the ultimate help you need long-term. He wants us to learn what His Word says and to give us insight in how to apply it as we seek Him honestly and diligently. He wants to teach us how to defeat evil thoughts and demonic influences by using the armor of God spoken of in Ephesians chapter 6. He wants us to discern what is of Him and what is not of Him by a knowledge of Him that is not based on sight. The help of His Holy Spirit in us is actually better (at least in several ways) than having with Him with us in the flesh (John 16:7). The Spirit imparts His very life and reveals His character.

But here is the most key thing to emphasize: Whether Christ were here with you here in body or things are like they are now (that we can know Him through His Word and His Holy Spirit in us who inspired the Word), no one can be His disciple and truly learn of Him and endure His presence who doesn't have a heart to deny self, take up their cross daily, and follow Him so as to love the Truth of His Word and do whatever He says (to the best of their knowledge and ability). We have to call wickedness for what His Word says it is, renounce it, and tell God by prayer and our actions that we forsake and disassociate from it; and we have to embrace righteousness in accordance with the light we have and the additional light God sheds on us as we seek Him. When we love, embrace, and follow the Truth He'll bear witness that we're His (Romans 8:16) and we'll know Him better and deeper- and that knowledge produces a peace and a joy that the world cannot comprehend and cannot take away. Pursue that and you'll find all the divine assistance that you actually need to be a victorious Christian to the end and to stand before in the end as a faithful overcomer who is not ashamed at His coming (John 15:1-6, 1 John 2:28).

John 14:21-24 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." (John 14:21-24)

2 Corinthians 10:3-5: "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"

Upvote 0