How do you feel about the whole Koran burning thing?

pac422man

Dec 29, 2006
United States
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Here is a good poem on the issue (not by me):

In Arlington we lay to rest
our bravest and our very best.
We send our children off to war
defending what we soon ignore.
_
“You’re free to worship,” so we say.
“But if you’re muslim, go away.”
Is this what they were dying for:
Intolerance, and nothing more?
_
Must one be christian to obtain
the liberties that we proclaim?
These soldiers died for liberty.
They didn’t die for bigotry.
_
So look upon this hallowed field,
not only crosses are revealed.
For you’ll see stars and crescents too.
They also sacrificed for you.
_
They knew what they were dying for.
It’s something that we can’t ignore.

- Joe G

They act like Islam is at fault for the terrorist attacks. Really? Yes, the terrorists were Muslim. But that is irrelevant, they could have been a part of any religion.

This is an absolute disgrace to the Muslim Americans killed in the terrorist attacks and the Muslim Americans who have died fighting for this country.

That being said, they do have freedom of speech, and so if they want to, they are allowed to. But I am completely against it.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Here is a good poem on the issue (not by me):

We send our children off to war
defending what we soon ignore.
_
“You’re free to worship,” so we say.
“But if you’re muslim, go away.”
Is this what they were dying for:
Intolerance, and nothing more?
_
Must one be christian to obtain
the liberties that we proclaim?
These soldiers died for liberty.
They didn’t die for bigotry.
_
So look upon this hallowed field,
not only crosses are revealed.
For you’ll see stars and crescents too.
They also sacrificed for you.
_
They knew what they were dying for.
It’s something that we can’t ignore.

- Joe G

They act like Islam is at fault for the terrorist attacks. Really? Yes, the terrorists were Muslim. But that is irrelevant, they could have been a part of any religion.

This is an absolute disgrace to the Muslim Americans killed in the terrorist attacks and the Muslim Americans who have died fighting for this country.

That being said, they do have freedom of speech, and so if they want to, they are allowed to. But I am completely against it.

Good point... I don't agree with the burning of a book, especially when it means so much to other people.
But, I do find it refreshing to see somebody actually doing something about their beliefs... Of course, it's sad that most of the people that actually act are just radicals.
But still, everyone always just says they'll do something, but they never actually do it. These people are following through, no matter what... Which, takes some guts, I won't lie.

Upvote 0

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I thought the thread title said "Korean burning" and I was like.... o_O What!?
But then I thought about it and read it more carefull and was like... ohhh!

Anyway, I think it's a bit radical to do that, and will cause more trouble than it prevents. The US still has forces over in primarily-Muslim countries and if an American burns the Muslim holy book, that would just give them an excuse to attack us.

I don't agree with what they're doing, even though I agree with why they are doing it. I personally am somewhat offended with having a mosque that close to ground zero (seems a bit insensitive to put it there). I don't mind people building mosques to worship their god, but that specific location is a bit unreasonable, considering what happened 9 years ago tomorrow.

As for this part:
I don't see Christians or Buddhists or Jews or... Flying Spaghetti Monster-ists going around and flying planes into buildings or blowing themselves up in crowded areas. Islam is not a peaceful religion. That doesn't mean there aren't lots of well-meaning, peaceful Muslims, but Islam is definitely not a religion that promotes peace.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I thought the thread title said "Korean burning" and I was like.... o_O What!?
But then I thought about it and read it more carefull and was like... ohhh!

Anyway, I think it's a bit radical to do that, and will cause more trouble than it prevents. The US still has forces over in primarily-Muslim countries and if an American burns the Muslim holy book, that would just give them an excuse to attack us.

I don't agree with what they're doing, even though I agree with why they are doing it. I personally am somewhat offended with having a mosque that close to ground zero (seems a bit insensitive to put it there). I don't mind people building mosques to worship their god, but that specific location is a bit unreasonable, considering what happened 9 years ago tomorrow.

As for this part:

I don't see Christians or Buddhists or Jews or... Flying Spaghetti Monster-ists going around and flying planes into buildings or blowing themselves up in crowded areas. Islam is not a peaceful religion. That doesn't mean there aren't lots of well-meaning, peaceful Muslims, but Islam is definitely not a religion that promotes peace.

I agree with you 100 percent.
I'm tired of people saying that Islam is a peace loving religion. All throughout their text, the idea of destroying the "Infidel" is brought up.
You, and I, we are the "Infidel"
They want to destroy us.
There are of course Muslims that aren't out to kill us, but there are many that do want to kill us...

Upvote 0

hudechek

Don't let your hands be idle for God.
Aug 3, 2010
Colorado
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was completely disgusted with this when i heard about this pastor wanting to do this. this totally smear filth on our names. it makes us look like compassion-less monsters. we as Christians are supposed to love the lost and the needy. this is a total outrage honestly i was sick when i heard this. how would you feel if it was the Islamic people burning the bible?

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I was completely disgusted with this when i heard about this pastor wanting to do this. this totally smear filth on our names. it makes us look like compassion-less monsters. we as Christians are supposed to love the lost and the needy. this is a total outrage honestly i was sick when i heard this. how would you feel if it was the Islamic people burning the bible?

They burn the Bible all the time, and the American flag.
But no one cares, because it's Christianity. Christians just let people spit in their faces... It's time someone stands up. Yeshua did not wish for us to start wars, arguments, or fights. But, I'm sure he didn't wish for us to be fearful pacifists either.
"Only fear denies faith."
If we're afraid of Muslims, where's our faith?
That's what I'm seeing in all of this. Sure, we say we're trying to promote tolerance, but all I see is just this ingrained fear that the Muslims will attack us if this happens.
We can't be afraid anymore, I'm tired of sitting in my house being afraid of the world.
I'm in YHWH's hands, and I'm not gonna let a Muslim step on my faith.

Upvote 0

hudechek

Don't let your hands be idle for God.
Aug 3, 2010
Colorado
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They burn the Bible all the time, and the American flag.
But no one cares, because it's Christianity. Christians just let people spit in their faces... It's time someone stands up. Yeshua did not wish for us to start wars, arguments, or fights. But, I'm sure he didn't wish for us to be fearful pacifists either.
"Only fear denies faith."
If we're afraid of Muslims, where's our faith?
That's what I'm seeing in all of this. Sure, we say we're trying to promote tolerance, but all I see is just this ingrained fear that the Muslims will attack us if this happens.
We can't be afraid anymore, I'm tired of sitting in my house being afraid of the world.
I'm in YHWH's hands, and I'm not gonna let a Muslim step on my faith.

I'm not afraid or the Muslims. I never have been, and I don't know why you are. honestly the Muslim religion is a radical religion ya and they radicals believe in killing the infidel but most the Muslims right now aren't doing crap so there is no reason for us to provoke them. Ok maybe they burn the bible and the flag honestly that is there thing, we shouldn't get [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]y and start a religious war should we? the killing of another man isn't condoned in my opinion war is just a reason to be a murderer and sanctifies killing. if we get killed in self defense for our country or believing in god guess who gets to wear the marders robe in heaven.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm not afraid or the Muslims. I never have been, and I don't know why you are. honestly the Muslim religion is a radical religion ya and they radicals believe in killing the infidel but most the Muslims right now aren't doing crap so there is no reason for us to provoke them. Ok maybe they burn the bible and the flag honestly that is there thing, we shouldn't get [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]y and start a religious war should we? the killing of another man isn't condoned in my opinion war is just a reason to be a murderer and sanctifies killing. if we get killed in self defense for our country or believing in god guess who gets to wear the marders robe in heaven.

I never was afraid, but I mean, I'm tired of seeing people compromise their beliefs, just so they can satisfy another religion. I do dislike the Islam religion quite a bit, personally. It's very deceitful, many people think that Allah is the same as G-d, but that's not true at all. Plus, some Muslims are completely against Jews and the state of Israel as a whole.

What I don't understand is this:
They burn the Bible all the time, they burn American flags all the time. They want the United States to die anyway. The fact that we're afraid they'll go start a war or kill a ton of people if just a few radical Christians burn the Koran is sorta, at least to me, an example of how violent they truly are.
I'm not for the burning of this, or for any wars, but I think we have to realize who the bad guy is here, that pastor? Or the Muslims that would kill people because someone finally burned their book? I wouldn't kill people if someone burned a Bible...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, that's true.
I feel sort of like it's rude, but I just know that radicals burn our Bibles all the time, so we have the right to do the same, I guess.
And the thing that frustrates me the most is the fact that the media tried to use it to make all Christians look bad. I hate the media haha.

Did it ever happen? They seem to have stopped covering it.

Upvote 0
M

MissElizabeth

We heard a little about it over here in Aussie too. I don't know what to feel about it. I am 100% against heathen religions as it breaks the first two commandments. And what do you all think Israel did after they left Egypt.... Wipe out many heathen kingdoms. (obviously they aren't doing this, but I'm saying that God didn't say be compassionate and let them be!). That being said is it worth more attacks on the rest of the world and the danger to our amazing soldiers? I dunno??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
We heard a little about it over here in Aussie too. I don't know what to feel about it. I am 100% against heathen religions as it breaks the first two commandments. And what do you all think Israel did after they left Egypt.... Wipe out many heathen kingdoms. (obviously they aren't doing this, but I'm saying that God didn't say be compassionate and let them be!). That being said is it worth more attacks on the rest of the world and the danger to our amazing soldiers? I dunno??

That's where it's hard... It's like, do we want to promote fighting off a wrong religion, like the Scriptures tell us to do and risk the lives of many others? It's just a hard choice. I mean, I think G-d would want us to fight off the Muslim set of beliefs... So, yeah, it's just a hard thing.

It never happened by the way, the guy was so pressured, that he and his congregation backed down...

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yup, sadly, that's the case. Haha, I got in trouble for saying this on facebook, but I do think tolerance is getting to the point where it's gone too far... It's almost weakness now, and fear. But, we all say it's tolerance... It's a crazy world, especially lately, since the lines between morality and immorality and good and evil are getting blurred and erased.

Haha, yeah, I'm bummed he didn't, to be honest. He should've stuck up for what he believed in, even if he got flamed by the retarded media of the US.

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

The Koran would not be allowed in a godly society? Really? I think that the Koran should be allowed since to ban it would be sinking down to a lower moral level than we should be.

God wouldn't allow books against Him? The same way He doesn't allow humans to do evil against Him?

I my humble opinion to burn Korans and fighting for Christianity in a aggressive (maybe physically aggressive) way makes us little different from extremist Islam or medieval Christianity.

Defeat evil with love. Is that not what Christ (the true revelation of God) did?

Again sorry to be disagreeing with you two again.... a bad habit :p

Upvote 0
M

MissElizabeth

I know what mean, its hard to know the best thing to do. But really Solar, you read all through the Bible, from the Exodus even maybe before through all the prophets, God says if you turn away and allow other nations gods and allow their beliefs, I will bring all the diseases and curses upon you. Why do you think all the 'Godly nations"(like America and Britain) are now experiencing what they are now??. Because they are rejecting Israel and supporting and allowing these heathen nations. Saying that, I have heard of some extream islamists that have repented and come to Yeshua, which is an amazing thing!
But still the religion itself is totally against God and should absolutely not be allowed.

Haha! I don't mind a good debate....But really mate, think about it.

Upvote 0