shabbo148

A teenager in search
Jun 16, 2012
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hate to be that person that has to have a specific label for absolutely everything, but I really felt the need to for my faith. I was just after some opinions, and wondering if anyone else follows similar beliefs?
I consider myself a non-denominational christian agnostic.

I focus on one central belief. My faith in god and the love of Jesus. I view my faith seperately from religion. There are many denominations, and I do not feel it is appropriate to classify myself under one single belief system or set of "rules". I am completely open to other beliefs and ways of life. I do not beleive that my path is the ONLY path, and believe that all religions aside, there is a higher being. I do believe in the christian god, however I do not believe I am in any position to say I am right over anyone elses beliefs.

Do i sound absurd/contradict myself? haha :)

thanks guys ^_^

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Shabbo ... sounds normal to me.

I go the other way, I collect labels. So I can say I'm liberal and I can also say I'm conservative. I guess one label I'd not go with is Calvinist as that makes no sense to me at all. But I have no problem being evangelical, Pentecostal and fundamentalist.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My faith in god and the love of Jesus. I view my faith seperately from religion. There are many denominations, and I do not feel it is appropriate to classify myself under one single belief system or set of "rules". I am completely open to other beliefs and ways of life. I do not beleive that my path is the ONLY path, and believe that all religions aside, there is a higher being.

thanks guys ^_^

A lot of people love Jesus and are open to other beliefs. But they rarely believe in the real Jesus.

Who do you believe Jesus is (or merely, was)?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate to be that person that has to have a specific label for absolutely everything, but I really felt the need to for my faith. I was just after some opinions, and wondering if anyone else follows similar beliefs?

I focus on one central belief. My faith in god and the love of Jesus. I view my faith seperately from religion. There are many denominations, and I do not feel it is appropriate to classify myself under one single belief system or set of "rules". I am completely open to other beliefs and ways of life. I do not beleive that my path is the ONLY path, and believe that all religions aside, there is a higher being. I do believe in the christian god, however I do not believe I am in any position to say I am right over anyone elses beliefs.

thanks guys ^_^

You're contradicting Jesus:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Yes. "Christian agnostic" is an oxymoron.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand that an "agnostic" can be someone who believes there is God but the person is not sure he or she can have personal sharing with Him. And there are people who say they are Christians, but they will tell you that you are on your own to do what God wants > they will say He does not want to always be leading you and communicating with you.

But I will offer that God is our "Father". And yes He is busy with each of us, every moment . . . whether we experience this or not :) For one example, the Bible says,

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to which also you were called in one body;
and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

If we are ruled by His peace, I understand this means that all the time His peace is ruling us . . . how we are becoming in our character, our desires of our hearts, our emotions and ways of reacting, how we relate with others, and all He has us doing with Him in His love >

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

So, it is good to submit to God for all He pleases to do with us >

in Isaiah 58:11 it says, "the LORD will guide you continually";

and this continual sharing and guiding is in His own peace.

And this is with Jesus. Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me," He says in John 14:6.

So, maybe instead of being an "agnostic", be a "skeptic", but meaning you are skeptical about whatever you have learned, so far > yes, you may learn some things that are good, but always we can learn more about whatever is right; and test and pray for what God has for you >

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

With God, we can get "what is good". "We can be sure."

Upvote 0

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.''

All the other religions are false.

To be honest I really don't like the word religion. The Pharisees were very religious people. It's not about religion but about a relationship with Christ.

Upvote 0