• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

How do you define....

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by Redheaded Goddess, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Redheaded Goddess

Redheaded Goddess Un-Regular Member!

+1
    How do you define friendship?

What are the qualities you look for in a friend?

Feel free to add your own "how do you define" words too! :) I find it interesting to hear a vairety of responses. :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. oncewaslost

oncewaslost owl

+129
    Calvinist
    Single
    hmm... qualties i look for in a friendship are, honesty mostly, trustworthiness, and that's all i can think of right now.

3. lucypevensie

lucypevensie Not drinking the kool-aid Supporter

+26,028
    Christian
    Married
    It must be someone I can totally be myself around, and they must be comfortable in that way with me. Honesty is important but a friend will not use honesty as a tool to hurt me (say something unkind and then give the excuse they were only telling the truth). Does not gossip about people. Likes a lot of the same things I do. A good sense of humour.

4. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+62
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    a TRUE friend is someone that looks past your faults and shortcomings to the point they aren't seen and they share your life and honest with you about things. I call those people friends. oh...and we can play video games too :lol:

5. TheShadow989

TheShadow989 Regular Member

+3
    Christian
    "a true friend stabs you in the front" has anyone heard that quote before?

6. joatamos

joatamos Guest

+0
    humm thats way to true shadow i above all should know most ppl are olny a brutis(sp) but there are a few who will not hide it the fathfull are the wounds of a friend; butthe kisses of an enemy are deceitful. proverbs 27:6

also iv made some poems on this ill try to get them up here or in the creative(sp) writting(sp) board in my grass hut (a post i made fore stuff like this)

follow the flame

7. Optimus_P

Optimus_P Super Umpa Lumpa

+1
    my personal views on friendship are prolly no diffearnt then anyones but here it goes....

a friend is someone who you dont even have to ask for help/something because you already know that he would do his best to help/provide but out of respect you do ask.

a friend is someone that will not bad talk you or others for personal pleasure.

a true friend is someone that will be themselvs 100% of the time and allow you to do the same w/o any fears or worries if they will be your friend tommarow.

8. joatamos

joatamos Guest

+0
    When troubles come your soul to try
    You Love the friend who just stands by.
    Perhaps there's nothing she can do
    The thing is strictly up to you.
    For there are troubles all your own
    And paths the soul must tread alone.
    Times when love can't smooth the road
    Nor friendship lift the heavy load.
    But just to feel you have a friend
    Who will stand by until the end.
    Whose sympathy through all endures
    Whose warm handclasp is always yours.
    It helps somehow to pull you through
    Although there's nothing she can do.
    And so with fervent heart we cry
    God Bless the friend who just stands by.

follow the FLAME

9. Redheaded Goddess

Redheaded Goddess Un-Regular Member!

+1

Totaly great line. I like that. :)

And nice poem joatamos! :)

Moving on! :)

How do you define.....family?

10. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Well, I suppose if you gotta be stabbed, at least you can see it coming. Still.......doesn't seem right to stab a friend though!

11. amie

amie Survivor

+7
    Non-Denom
    I define friendship with honesty and loyalty. I will always be honest with my friends and I will never abandon them. EVER.

12. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+173
    Protestant
    Single
    one who can be trusted and shared feelings with, one who will understand you in many ways.

13. spirituality

spirituality Well-Known Member

+92
    Christian
    Moving on...
    How do you define: LOVE

14. frog4ever

frog4ever the little green frog

+0
    Baptist
    US-Republican
    family... people who love you no matter what. of course that could also apply with friends.

I never got to post on the friends one. I really don't know what I look for in a friend. they have to be nice, of course, but I also like them to have things in common with me. and they HAVE to have a sense of humor, because I am constantly laughing :D

15. daughter of the king

daughter of the king dancer chick

+4
    Christian
    some one who loves or is a good friend will be unconditionaly there for you, they won't mind if you ring them at 3am. i heard this i thought it was good for a friend
    A friend is some one who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

16. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Best start on the definition of a friend, yet posted. The key word is unconditional.

17. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    I'd put it simply as - someone I relate to who relates to me

I think we can be too demanding on friendship at times........

18. SeRapH&CheRi

SeRapH&CheRi Sassy GurlMember!

+77
    Christian
    TRUST and HONESTY......when that is established, I believe that everything else falls into place.

19. kitkatsnarepadpen

kitkatsnarepadpen Climb On!

+4
    Christian
    Single
    US-Green
    Someone that would do anything for me.

JIMBO :cool: