How do Seventh Day Adventists feel about the Statue of Liberty?

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Roman+statue+goddess+libertas+-+staue+of+liberty.jpg

Just a conspiracy theory.

escultura-libertad-luz.jpg

Of course.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Nobody yet has figured out how to float a round piece of stone over the heed of a statue to depict the Christian halo----supposedly that is why Moses has horns, to depict the light that shone from his face after being in the presence of God. Personally, I think he would have looked a little less demonic had he had at least one more "ray".

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Honouring it? Not on my life... it was a gift from atheistic France during the French Revolution that represented the goddess of Reason. Fits right in with the rest of the occultic statues and symbols found throughout the US especially in DC, the very name being a representative of the goddess of Columbia, another iteration of the sun goddess in her many forms.
TIL atheists believe in occult Goddesses, and the French Revolution went for 100 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
TIL atheists believe in occult Goddesses.
Atheistic humanism is a religion despite what it's adherents profess... even atheists appreciate symbols and the goddess of reason was one of them. Not necessary to understand Satan is behind them all for it to be true.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Atheistic humanism is a religion despite what it's adherents profess... even atheists appreciate symbols and the goddess of reason was one of them. Not necessary to understand Satan is behind them all for it to be true.
Uh-huh. And where does the hundred year long French Revolution fit in?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The part of the French Revolution (1793-1797), of burning the testaments and denying God as supreme lasted exactly 3 1/2 years just as prophesied in Rev 11:9

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

On 23 November, 1793, Chaumette passed a law alienating all churches in the capital. This example was followed in the provinces, where all city churches and a number of those in the country were closed to Catholic worship...
The Directory began to feel that its policy of religious persecution was no longer followed by the Councils. It learned also that Bonaparte, who in Italy led the armies of the Directory from victory to victory, displayed consideration for the pope. Furthermore, the electors themselves showed that they desired a change of policy. The elections of 20 May, 1797, caused the majority of Councils to pass from the Left to the Right.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13009a.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good grief! For 3 1/2 years no one was buried??!!! That must have been a stench to beat all--not to mention disease.
It's symbolic, like much of Revelation. The reference to the two witnesses being killed but not buried is alluding to the burning of the Bibles in France at the time. The two witnesses are the Old and New Testament.

Are you sure you're an Adventist? These are common teachings of our movement...

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's symbolic, like much of Revelation. The reference to the two witnesses being killed but not buried is alluding to the burning of the Bibles in France at the time. The two witnesses are the Old and New Testament.

Are you sure you're an Adventist? These are common teachings of our movement...

Went to White Memorial grade School, Monterey Bay Academy, San Gabriel Academy---Don't recall any of this in relation to France.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Went to White Memorial grade School, Monterey Bay Academy, San Gabriel Academy---Don't recall any of this in relation to France.
A sad testimony of the degradation of our schools and what they're teaching/not teaching anymore. Please don't take this comment against you... you only know what you're taught or have revealed.

Did you read the Great Controversy during school? It talks about this subject and what the two witnesses represent...

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Read it several times. Don't remember that part. I even had the whole book on audio and use to listen to it on my walks. However, I do have fibro and that affects the brain and my forgetter works overtime now---so I may have forgotten. I am 65. I am considered to be of the "old schooling"---

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Consider it's pagan goddess with the Sol Invictus (which is the Sun as God) halo. Do you object to honoring this statue?

Is this gonna be a conspiracy theory thread?

If so, then how do you feel about the obelisk in rome and other stuff that can be found in the rc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Is this gonna be a conspiracy theory thread?

If so, then how do you feel about the obelisk in rome and other stuff that can be found in the rc
That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just stating facts. Do you deny either that the Statue of Liberty is a statue of the Roman goddess Libertas, or that the halo is Sol Invictus style?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just stating facts. Do you deny either that the Statue of Liberty is a statue of the Roman goddess Libertas, or that the halo is Sol Invictus style?
Whether it mean anything to some is another matter... it is all occult symbolism and means something to a select few that are in charge of the ball of wax.

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

No I dont! Its just part of a whole package. So what do you think about symbolism on st peters square

Upvote 0